Will there be a sequel to Fire Emblem : Awakening ?

I just want to stay far far away from anything awakening-y:no grinding,no fanservice dlc, no stupid time travel(seriously what the hell) no gimmicky characters,no dating sim-esque supports,and no avatar ever again please.

No anything ever. Certainly haven't heard this list before.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that there will be direct sequel that follows Awakening's story and as much as I loved it, I hope that they don't don't direct sequel to it's story. As has been said, Awakening doesn't leave any open ends, it feels finished. Other than that I want new characters and supports as I feel that the Awakening characters' stories are finished.

Hopefully the next FE game will incorporate what made Awakening great and add a multiplayer (with online).

On a side note, I'd greatly appreciated if Nintendo pulled an "Earthbound" with the older FE games that were JP only and release them n the Virtual Console.

Edited by Rattlehead

Hopefully the next FE game will incorporate what made Awakening great and add a multiplayer (with online).

There are two types of people when it comes to online multiplayer for FE.

1. Those who think PvP is a good idea.

and

2. Those that understand the game (and/or experienced SD's online) and realize "YOU FOOL THAT WILL NEVER WORK".

PvP is a poor concept. ('ello luck fest between even skilled players, or anyone who looked up team building on some site, like here; alternatively hackers)

Co-op maps? Better, but that's wasted resources [would rather simply have more single-player maps].

Double Duels are about as far as FE can go in the direction of multiplayer.

Expanding on the Streetpass idea? Now that's solid, but it's not direct multiplayer.

Awakening has such a massive discrepancy between player offense and player defense that any sort of online PvP would completely degenerate to whoever goes first and has higher Mov/more staffbots. Not only would it be boring, there wouldn't even be any skill involved.

• 1 month later...