TVTropes' pages could use some work

Logience

Is this again the "Let's laugh/bother/hate/etc at the people who just like X because of the other people who take liking X too far" thing?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this again the "Let's laugh/bother/hate/etc at the people who just like X because of the other people who take liking X too far" thing?

those who are the loudest attract the most attention, though to be fair that community is fucking nuts

Well, I pity the innocent victims...

Besides, it's not like there is a fandom that is exempt from that happening to them, so I don't see why pick a specific target and ride the bomb with it... no wonder the fear mongering of "best to just shut up about it and never tell a soul lest you get slack for something you didn't even do or aren't guilty of" is still rampart...

Ah well, an issue that hits too close to home... might as well not let it get to me too much... even if it's hard to ignore...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

acacia it's really really simple

if somebody self-identifies as a "brony" fuck them

if somebody watches the cartoon ponies show for little girls and accepts that it's a cartoon ponies show for little girls and that they enjoy it anyway there isn't a problem except for like three fringe dipshits around here

Kk.

So is anyone willing to skim the main page for FE? Or maybe just snipe at people using the Die For Our Ship page?

Kk.

So is anyone willing to skim the main page for FE? Or maybe just snipe at people using the Die For Our Ship page?

I did. It was not pretty. Also I read that Lissa is the strongest Sage once promoted. Did these people even play the game complety?

acacia it's really really simple

if somebody self-identifies as a "brony" fuck them

if somebody watches the cartoon ponies show for little girls and accepts that it's a cartoon ponies show for little girls and that they enjoy it anyway there isn't a problem except for like three fringe dipshits around here

Well, I don't know. I've always thought the term was in fact simply defined as "A fan of X", in the same way I'd type that I'm Mexican because I'm "Someone who is from México", and that would be all, to give an example. Hence why I've never consider the term as a blanket term for all the out-of-line fans.

And besides, unless I'm remembering wrong, that show has since long moved from being "just for little girls", something that gets acknowledged by even the people in charge of making it. Sure, it hasn't stopped being it's main target audience, of course, but to type that it's ignorant to the other demographics that watch it and doesn't cater to them as well would be... well, not entirely correct.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I like how we went from an actual topic to pointing and laughing at bronies.

If this were any other forum, the thread would be shut down already. Just saying.

And besides, unless I'm remembering wrong, that show has since long moved from being "just for little girls", something that gets acknowledged by even the people in charge of making it. Sure, it hasn't stopped being it's main target audience, of course, but to type that it's ignorant to the other demographics that watch it and doesn't cater to them as well would be... well, not entirely correct.

Didn't the creator say that the show was always specifically for little girls? Generally bronies have the unfortunate tendency of creeping out the children who enjoy it. Fans of it don't need to subscribe to an obnoxious fanbase - just watch the show, enjoy it, that's all.

I like how we went from an actual topic to pointing and laughing at bronies.

If this were any other forum, the thread would be shut down already. Just saying.

I don't think so? Edited by Tryhard

Didn't the creator say that the show was always specifically for little girls? Generally bronies have the unfortunate tendency of creeping out the children who enjoy it. Fans of it don't need to subscribe to an obnoxious fanbase - just watch the show, enjoy it, that's all.

Well, perhaps in the show's early times, but nowadays it's different, though again, it's not much changing the demography target, but rather acknowledging the others. Heck, didn't the producers gave some info of their firth season at the San Diego Comic-Con? I wonder how many actual kids were there to see that...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Or maybe just snipe at people using the Die For Our Ship page?

so what are you going for here, a site invasion?

(please say yes because we disapprove of that :O)

the show is for little girls. i never said the show was just for little girls. the show is targeted to little girls and it's okay to be a peripheral demographic and accept that you're not being pandered to in the show

i strongly suspect (note: have not seen any of the show since they acknowledged the fucking lucrative brony demographic) that that was just a pr thing to get bronies spun up so they would spend more money on mlp because that's what nerds do

EDIT: i want to bring up again that at no point have i caught any flak around here for unironically watching mlp from anybody but crash gordon ninety four, precisely because there's a huge stigma associated with the brony label that i don't associate myself with.

Edited by Integrity

Well, perhaps in the show's early times, but nowadays it's different, though again, it's not much changing the demography target, but rather acknowledging the others. Heck, didn't the producers gave some info of their firth season at the San Diego Comic-Con? I wonder how many actual kids were there to see that...

i think this further reinforces my point that hasbro acknowledges the brony demographic because, compared to the effort taken to make them feel pandered to, they spend insane amounts of money on merch.

i think this further reinforces my point that hasbro acknowledges the brony demographic because, compared to the effort taken to make them feel pandered to, they spend insane amounts of money on merch.

This.

I... wouldn't see it that way, at least not completely.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

EDIT: i want to bring up again that at no point have i caught any flak around here for unironically watching mlp from anybody but crash gordon ninety four

what a lad

he wants an excuse to ban you

I know that. Could you go troll someone else for a change, Camtech? Or at least tell me how to stop being trolled?