• Loptyr/Loptous
    • Apocalypse
    • Gespenst
    • Ereshkigal
    • Gleipnir
    • Naglfar
    • Balberith
    • Imhullu (FE10/11)

This also includes S equivalents if the game doesn't have an S rank weapon level.

Random poll is random. Regardless I was playing FE8 for whatever reason and killed Lyon who used Naglfar which I remembered had an interesting animation. I then remembered that even though most suck, S rank dark spells almost always have cool animation. So since I was bored I made a poll for the hell of it, thoughts?

(Mine is Ereshkigal if curious)

Voted Balberith, the animation isn't the prettiest, but within the game's setting, it has a spot on animation. Izuka using poison, toxins and the feral drug. And then you see this animation, which besides having dark magic, also has this brownish toxic looking cloud that envelops the victim. It just suits him so well.

I picked Nergal's one (not spelling that how do you even IS please) because it looks like he's ripping several holes in the space time continuum and that's pretty awesome.

EDIT After seeing the animation again because it got so many votes, really don't get why people picked Lyon's since it's just kind of...boring, but eh...opinions~

Edited by Refa

I'm going to pick Ereshkigal (one of the few times when not being a native English speaker has been in any way beneficial to me, haha. I was able to pronounce it more or less correctly without looking up the pronunciation first), for reasons Refa already mentioned. I do like Balberith a lot, though.

Naglfar, though Loptyr comes in a second place because the ability to half all damage is useful

EDIT: wait you mean graphically

Then Loptyr takes the cake for that then.

Edited by Hydra Phantom

Apocalypse's storey long and freaky animation with the freaky sounds is awesome.

And Imhullu summoning a giant fish that fires a purple laser.

I didn't take Naglfar is this popular though.