What's Gaius' appeal supposed to be?

Logience

Chrom's supposed to be a combo of Marth and Ike, Frederick is an attempt to make the Seth lightning strike twice, Vaike is a gangster, Ricken is shota, Henry is shota combined with white-haired-pretty-boy, and Lon'qu is a loner. So what kind of audience is Gaius supposed to appeal to? Because I don't think "likes candy" is a gimmick in Japan.

he is appealing to the "not every character is fanservice for a particular type" demographic

also

Vaike is a gangster,

what the fuck lol

One of Mark_Asphodel's friends said that Vaike talked in selfish pronouns, and it was because he was raised in alleys.

Also, how is Gaius bad boy appeal if the only part of that is his thief class?

Edited by Logience

Gaius is one of the few characters who actually has an interesting backstory and has a wide variety of topics that come up in his supports. Other than that, he's snarky, and people like snarky characters.

One of Mark_Asphodel's friends said that Vaike talked in selfish pronouns, and it was because he was raised in alleys.

Also, how is Gaius bad boy appeal if the only part of that is his thief class?

Y'know, if you're going to name-drop me or my friends (I'm guessing this particular friend would be Amielleon of the "FE According to Japan" blog) in random places I'd appreciate it not being distorted in some weirdo game of Internet telephone. I, personally, do not have anything to do with anyone's assessment of Vaike as a "gangster."

Y'know, if you're going to name-drop me or my friends (I'm guessing this particular friend would be Amielleon of the "FE According to Japan" blog) in random places I'd appreciate it not being distorted in some weirdo game of Internet telephone. I, personally, do not have anything to do with anyone's assessment of Vaike as a "gangster."

damn bruh you sound extra salty

on topic, I kind of see giaus as the bad boy that gets the girls' hearts afflutter

i mean fe13 is literally composed of bad stereotypes shoved in your face, so they all have something I guess

I'm not gonna remember Ammy's name all the time. But I'm sorry if you feel offended by my association with you.

I'm not gonna remember Ammy's name all the time. But I'm sorry if you feel offended by my association with you.

I'm not offended, but I am taking this to PM because I am uncomfortable with being cited like that and I would like you to understand why.

Back on-topic, Gaius is actually a nicely-written character underneath the gimmick.

I'd still like to know how Gaius is a "bad boy" cliché.

I'm guessing the "I'm going to break your heart on a daily basis" thing from his S-Support confession with F!Avatar. Your guess is about as good as mine, though.

He's a snarky thief obsessed with candy, that'a his appeal, I'm guessing.