In Super Smash Bros did you prefer anyone over someone who took there spot?

KingMarth

There's no proof that any character "took" someone else's place, though.

But if you assume Ike replaced Roy, Toon Link replaced Young Link, and Lucario replaced Mewtwo, I'd say I pretty much prefer the replacements on the first two and like them equally on the last.

I don't believe anyone replaced anyone (well, except for Toon Link, he clearly replaced Young Link). But I don't prefer anyone that got cut either. Well, I did prefer Roy over Marth, but I love Ike far more than either of them, so yeah. lol

as much as calling ike a "replacement" for roy is a stretch, i'm very fond of roy both in his original context and in melee, whereas my ability to give a shit about ike is at an all-time low (on the other hand, i'm very okay with lucina picking up roy's "marth clone" torch in 4)

on the other hand, i'm not exactly hastening to mourn the loss of young link, considering toon link did a far more convincing job there

FE reps are clearly siblings, even Marth and Roy are siblings. At least that was what I thought about them before playing FE. People really need to try FE.

Also, on topic, I don't think any newcomer here replaced any other possible char. As for replacements, the replaced ones were meh to me, so not that of an issue.

Roy > Ike and Toon Link > Young Link

No one replaced Mewtwo, Dr. Mario or Pichu.

If Lucario is not a Mewtwo replacement, then Ike is not a Roy replacement. Both Ike and Lucario have unique movesets from their predecessors, they just happen to be in the same series and bear some passing resemblance in a few moves.

I think the whole idea of roster spots is flawed, as the addition of Lucina to SSB4 has demonstrated very well, so saying any one character replaced anyone else is a stretch, though I would agree Toon Link was pretty much an upgrade/modification/replacement of Young Link.

That said, I really had no problem with Brawl's cuts.

Edited by Ragnell

What Ragnell said. It's even been theorized that Ike's Eruption was going to be Roy's move at first. So Roy was planned for Brawl but didn't get finished in time, just like Mewtwo.

Oh, and my opinion, just for the record: Ike >>>>>>>>>>> Toon Link >>>> Roy >>>> Young Link

In fact, Ike > everyone, pretty much. :P

If Lucario is not a Mewtwo replacement, then Ike is not a Roy replacement. Both Ike and Lucario have unique movesets from their predecessors, they just happen to be in the same series and bear some passing resemblance in a few moves.

That makes sense imo and - if Lucario was a replacement for Mewtwo - I'd name them. I loved to play Mewtwo, but I never liked Lucario's moveset.

I'm really glad they replaced Dr Mario with Wario. They're both rip-offs of Mario, they deal with extreme flatulence and the importance of dental hygiene. It would be ridiculous to assume that Wario didn't replace Dr Mario. The best part is I'm totally serious, except I'm not really.

I never played Melee until after Brawl, although I did play 64. Imagine my joy when the character roster had tripled in size!

*their

What Ragnell said. It's even been theorized that Ike's Eruption was going to be Roy's move at first. So Roy was planned for Brawl but didn't get finished in time, just like Mewtwo.

Oh, and my opinion, just for the record: Ike >>>>>>>>>>> Toon Link >>>> Roy >>>> Young Link

In fact, Ike > everyone, pretty much. :P

#shotsfired

Nah, I'd rather be playing the game than complaining about the roster.

• 4 weeks later...