How do you keep Tiki safe in Paralogue 17 of Fire Emblem Awakening?

I have tried to beat this so many times. I usually get to the last wave of enemies but then they start to kill my soldiers and they get to Tiki and kill her. I have tried all the other things on the internet.

I am using:

Chrom

Cordelia

Micaiah

Libra

Henry

Frederick

Sully

Stahl

Virion

Say'ri

Anna

Thanks for the help

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Move a rescue user one tile NW/NE of Tiki, move another unit one tile south of that rescue user, and have rescue user cast Rescue on Tiki. She should now be adjacent to the top of the map.

Surround her so nothing with 1~2 range can hit her, and just mash end turn, keeping health up as needed.

Chrom is a great lord

Cordelia is a falcon knight

Micaiah is a just a magic user

Libra is an axe weilder

Henry is a dark knight

Frederick is a great knight

Sully is a paladin

Stahl is a paladin

Virion is horseback bow knight

Say'rio is a myrmidon

Anna is whatever she is when you get her

on my first playthrough (before i knew about galeforce/my characters were kinda weak) i eventually figured out you just have to make a diamond around her like this

BQk7rVo.png

Tiki green, your characters blue

and whoever you have left (squishies who die easily) just on the outside killing whatever they can while the enemies attack your formation. the enemies don't normally attack your guys and just rush Tiki, but when they have no route to her like in the above picture they will attack the guys in the diamond. The reason you can't just make a cross is because the ranged enemies will still be able to hit her. Also the top is the edge of the map so I just taper it off like so for support bonuses. you can pair up however you want just make sure you don't have any weak points as they will probably mob on that character.

worked for me anyway

Edited by That Person's Name

I completely surrounded Tiki with my units so the enemies can't reach her. They just tanked afterward. But they have to be placed two squares away from Tiki or else ranged attackers can't be blocked off.

This thread's in the wrong section, btw.

Edited by Anacybele

You just have to form a "circle" around Tiki like "That Person's name" said. Place your units two spaces away around from Tiki, so no enemy can attack her. I believe you can bring 15 characters to this chapter, so you have 7 pair-ups and one unit is left (use the strongest one). Don't move your units during the entire chapter so that no enemy can attack her. If you blocked Tiki, the enemies will attack your units.

This topic belongs to "Awakening".

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

Sorry it's in the wrong place

I am playing on Normal mode with casual

Yeah I am kinda in the same situation you where That Persons Name. Chrom is super weak so I always have to pair him up,Henry and micaiah are pretty weak too

Entertainment...?

This is one of those odd maps that's arguably easier in hard than normal because of how reinforcements work. But either way, she can be blocked off and the map will be made pretty easy.

I still can't defeat it,they always head for the weakest unit and defeat that unit and make a hole and then once they get in I can't defeat them or block them so pretty much once they get in its Death time for Tiki,I wish she could do something instead of just take hits

Have you tried the method Sara mentioned?

Move a rescue user one tile NW/NE of Tiki, move another unit one tile south of that rescue user, and have rescue user cast Rescue on Tiki. She should now be adjacent to the top of the map.

Surround her so nothing with 1~2 range can hit her, and just mash end turn, keeping health up as needed.

Doing this method means you only need 5 combat pairs arranged like this

U_T_U

_U_U_

__U__

If all else fails just try this map again after your units are stronger.

Have you invested $ into tonics like Spd and HP/Def? There's no magic on this map, so you should be good with just those three.

Have your units with Rally defense equip it. And play a shield around Tiki. Snipers are pointless here without Longbows. It might be nice to also equip counter on your characters, and make your healers inside near Tiki. Fortify is a must.

When guarding Tiki with 5 pairs, enemies actually go for the bottom pair most, not the weakest (unless it's the only one they can reach). Make the bottom pair be someone strong enough to ORKO everything (a forged Rexcalibur works nicely, if you can afford it) so that enemies don't pile up and go for everyone else. Keep a tanky healer (Libra or Anna) ready to heal the tank, and give them a Merc/Hero pairup if possible (+Spd/Def). Gregor can instantly promote to Hero if you want to use him.

And, uh, your Avatar is your best unit. Where's your Avatar?

Sorry it's in the wrong place

I am playing on Normal mode with casual

Yeah I am kinda in the same situation you where That Persons Name. Chrom is super weak so I always have to pair him up,Henry and micaiah are pretty weak too

Well, if you're on casual, you don't have to worry about anyone dying, save Tiki.

Edited by Apparition

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlavZ0ZxA

This screenshot was taken from my Lunatic Classic file. Units used are Chrom, male Robin, Sumia, Cordelia, and a bunch of legacy characters. The legacy characters are maxed out while the first 4 characters I mentioned have reclassed after going through promotion.

In Normal Casual, using a bunch of promoted units (preferably those that can attack at 1-2 range using weapons like tomes, javelins or hand axes) should be enough as long as they're healed and have some Rally support.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I use mostly Gale Force units, but I sometimes don't need it. But GF will be the most useful skill you have. You should also know you need a kill each time, or the troops WILL reach Tiki. Hypothetically, you COULD just use all your units to create a giant shield, but if even one went down, you'd be screwed.

My units are always completely overpowered when I play Tiki's paralogue.

I play it AFTER I beat the final chapters, and have everyone go through Limit Breaker / DLC. You could try again later after your units are a bit stronger.

I completely surrounded Tiki with my units so the enemies can't reach her. They just tanked afterward. But they have to be placed two squares away from Tiki or else ranged attackers can't be blocked off.

This thread's in the wrong section, btw.

I did this and also had two units further out where the reinforcements pile out on the sides of the map. Out of your roster you mentioned I'd use Cordelia and Frederick to run around since they can move further and sometimes the enemy attacks them instead of going for Tiki. If you have another flier replace Frederick with them though, because movement.