FE7 Chaos Mode [FE7CM] V1.34

Klokinator

Favorite characters?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who are your favorite characters in the first third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

2. 2. Who are your favorite characters in the second third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

3. 3. Who are your favorite characters in the last third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm just holding out for the inevitable patch release so I can begin a LP of this with tyler. I'm getting my recording softwares all ready (i even invested in Camtasia Studio for this)

adding map sprites takes like a minute lol

It's not even about the difficulty of adding them, it's getting them to work. It took me an hour for the Dragoon.

The dragoon map sprite has some issues pertaining to size, actually. (At least it did for me.) I had to trim a blank 16x32 off the end of the standing frame and the focus was giving me all sorts of errors at first.

That was pretty unique to the dragoon though.

i'm just holding out for the inevitable patch release so I can begin a LP of this with tyler. I'm getting my recording softwares all ready (i even invested in Camtasia Studio for this)

Since you've done that I might as well give you protips.

1. Set your recording size to 854x480. Expand VBA so the inside game fills the screen.

2. Make sure ingame sound, microphone sound, and the game window is being captured.

3. Invest in a decent microphone, something for two people is ideal, like a stand-based microphone.

4. When you're done recording, output with these settings:

146406e645.png

ebc5e80527.png

cbddae9c6a.png

On the next page after you choose MP4, you'll see a button called Flash options. Click it.

e36c90c6a0.png

f546dbc996.png

75% quality will keep the filesize low and still produce a good video quality. You can go higher if your net speed is excellent, as the quality does improve noticably at high %'s and good net will facilitate a quick upload.

ab90af6e48.png

On the audio tab, use these settings. I have not noticed any difference in quality going higher than 96kbps, but going lower can definitely make your voices sound muffled.

And that's it! Skip through the next tabs, they don't do anything, name your project, process, upload, and done!

Edited by Kloknihater

adding map sprites takes like a minute lol

The dragoon map sprite has some issues pertaining to size, actually. (At least it did for me.) I had to trim a blank 16x32 off the end of the standing frame and the focus was giving me all sorts of errors at first.

That was pretty unique to the dragoon though.

I had issues with it displaying correctly on the inventory menu (Pressing R on a unit), and also it kept fucking up on promotion, I crashed my rom, in some cases the frames were misaligned, etc. All sorts of crap. I did fix the issue of alignment though by copying some values from the Soldier's data, but that was spur of the moment and I was shocked it worked.

I look forward to trying this one out after I finished my Gimic FE:8 run.

But I need to know one thing. If I "aqcuire" a clean ROM of FE:7 must I first play through it twice and unlock HHM before I can use the hack?

upubT.jpg

Sometimes, my text edits make even me giggle like a juvenile 12 year old girl.

this is a comedic masterpiece also where is gheb

Edited by XxXPierogiMaztR3pleXxX

I look forward to trying this one out after I finished my Gimic FE:8 run.

But I need to know one thing. If I "aqcuire" a clean ROM of FE:7 must I first play through it twice and unlock HHM before I can use the hack?

You don't need to do anything for that. He rigged it to be perma hhm

^This

Also, even if I hadn't done that, you could use a save file downloaded off the net, or I would be sure and include a save file. Thanks to Cam though, you'll be able to play without needing said save file. Just open the rom, and play!

I originally wasn't going to have time to LP for this FEE3 aside from my own projects, but since the deadline was extended two weeks into the "My finals week is over" territory, I may do like, one submission. I'd be shocked if I had time for two submissions.

EDit: WTF, meant to post this in the FEE3 thread, not FE7CM's thread. I'm a fuckin' idiot.

Edited by Klok's Juicy Tits

6093ca1d20.png

Canas is apparently a fucking PIMP.

740b59535c.png

I like this battle a lot, it's more epic with the higher damages, and it goes to show that even dealing that much damage, Athos is still nothing in the face of Nergal.

dd698e1f4e.png19d1a81f9e.png5edc271042.png

Just lol

8c898064d4.png

Eliwood! Not in front of the bitch.

a73600cbbd.png96da56089a.png

Dirty girl...

d491e63c97.png

True Love.

Final chapter is almost done. Once I reach that chapter with my second save file so I can test it, this hack will be DONE-ZO. Release date is still holding.

So stoked. Couldn't playtest this with tyler last weekend but he'll be joining me for an extended visit this weekend, and the LP shall commence. 3 days left

I've been working on my SAcred Contention Remake rather than finishing the tiny bit of work left on chaos mode. Terrible. It's really minor though so I'm not worried about making the 18th deadline.

d5fb6237fa.png

WIP so hard every day. Still working on getting all the map sprites needed into FEXNA. Also I'm only using this map as a placeholder until Prime gets me a new one.

8c336d2fe4.png

e349494203.png

bec8ba56d1.png

I use an auto-levelling feature in FEXNA so the stats have some variance to them.

Edited by Klok's Juicy Tits