FE7 Chaos Mode [FE7CM] V1.34

Klokinator

Favorite characters?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who are your favorite characters in the first third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

2. 2. Who are your favorite characters in the second third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

3. 3. Who are your favorite characters in the last third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who else is using Wil? I sure as heck am:

KKKOwAH.png

Isn't even 20 yet lol

but that luck...

EDIT: Put in spoilers to not reveal Wil's promotion

Edited by PixelmanFE

Elison has begun his LP!

In a week or so, I'll be downloading his vids, editing them to my liking, and reposting them on my channel. His channel will have the original uploads, while my channel will have the shorter highlights version.

He already played 4 chapters of it over skype and complained the whole time. Marc is overrated. He rips everything in the community to shreds with no thought to all the work put into it or anything. Pretty tired of his attitude towards the work many of my friends have put into their projects.

There's bitching, and then there's nitpicking, then there's markying.

Not my place, but if anything I'd want someone always ripping apart what I do so I can see how I can improve. Constant good reviews doesn't help anyone, it's the bad ones that do.

Wait, Wil is a dragoon? Is this just FE7if in english without stolen sprites or something?

Edited by Skitty of Time

Please don't compare chaos mode to FE7if. It's insulting. Especially if you've ever played FE7if to chapter "Bullshit of Destiny" where the Hellhound rushes you with all 30's stats and +10's everywhere. It's complete luck based bullshit.

My game can be luck based, but Marc proved over chat that by playing carefully you can remove the luck based element. Rushing in is just more fun to me because a lucky win feels awesome.

Who else is using Wil? I sure as heck am:

KKKOwAH.png

Isn't even 20 yet lol

but that luck...

EDIT: Put in spoilers to not reveal Wil's promotion

I don't know...

I think i may replace him with farina.

FpYzTvh.png?1

Edited by JuanBleh

Yeah im still using both. This hack is the first one that makes me want to use everyone, so im always looking for a chance to bench someone and take a different unit to the chapter.

By the way Klok, what's up with the Heaven Seals?

Edited by JuanBleh

Heaven seals still promote lords and only lords. If you hold off on promoting serra/rath/lucius you can use the heaven seal.

I tend to only use one of the heaven seals on lucius, promote the other two with earth seals, and sell the second heaven seal for money. Money is good.

Yeah im still using both. This hack is the first one that makes me want to use everyone, so im always looking for a chance to bench someone and take a different unit to the chapter.

Also, this was always a major goal of mine. I hate when I have useless characters, so I made everyone useful in their own way. Some, like Serra, are godly and should always be used, but even the ones who aren't godly are really great.

Edited by Klok's Juicy Tits

Please don't compare chaos mode to FE7if. It's insulting. Especially if you've ever played FE7if to chapter "Bullshit of Destiny" where the Hellhound rushes you with all 30's stats and +10's everywhere. It's complete luck based bullshit.

My game can be luck based, but Marc proved over chat that by playing carefully you can remove the luck based element. Rushing in is just more fun to me because a lucky win feels awesome.

I'm not really seeing how it's that much different sans the weird self inserts, custom music, expanded sound room, any new portraits at all, any new animations(other than the dragoon), nor anything else that FE7if has.

I mean FE7if was luck based but from looking at the screens you posted, so is this? And the screen the guy posted of Wil was pretty similar to that klien recolor in FE7if, class and all. The fire dragon has stupid looking stats, that "Extra!" character looks to have at least 80 HP, and for all I know, FE7if also has random text edits that add nothing to the game.

I'm not here to bash your game; these are only observations.

Edited by Skitty of Time

you're right

fe7if accomplished way more in terms of what's actually in the game

Terrible balance, stolen mugs, self inserts and did I mention horrible balance?

Dunno what the zinger was for, but FE7if was a horrible hack by all means of the word. Even by inflation hack standards it's wildly inferior to ChinaFE Will of Good and Evil.

Unless you'd care to elaborate on "what's actually in the game".

custom music, expanded sound room

The custom sounds were nice sure, but they were taken from other games, or taken from other people. I could have added something like that but my goal was gameplay, not fluff. Stuff like giving ERk a unique battle animation was just to distinguish him from the other axe users you have by that point.

that "Extra!" character looks to have at least 80 HP,

The Extra! character is extra. He doesn't move, you can ignore him or try and kill him to get a good item. Also no character has 80 HP until endgame, when you're sufficiently leveled to take them out. (I'm not sure which one you're talking about, there's quite a few of them, maybe the nomad trooper?)

The fire dragon has stupid looking stats

And your legendary weapons also have godlike stats too, so he's not as big a problem as he looks.

any new portraits at all,

When I do my LP in a few months, there will be new portraits.

I get that you're not bashing, but it helps to at least play the game before criticizing perceived imbalance.

fe7if: hundreds of custom songs, instruments, asm, mugs, animations

chinaFE: asm, mugs, new maps

fe4 inflation: shitton of asm, mugs, new skills, new mugs

fe8 girls: shitton of asm, new maps, new skills, new mugs

fe7 chaos mode: dragoon class

What ASM did FE7if add. Please humor me, I never saw any of it.

"Hundreds" of songs. Ok. That's a big exaggeration.

Mugs/animations, sure but they had whole teams of guys. I'm one person and I didn't add in objectively terrible animations, I stuck to good animations that wouldn't look out of place ingame. (The mugs in FE7if that weren't default FEgba characters looked terrible, like big kawaii eyes girl. And that one animation that was a crappily edited female rogue didn't impress me either. The only memorable good one was the female sword user, and she was pretty lazy compared to the animations I've seen in the English community since she was just a bunch of blurs during crits.)

Edit: Wait a minute, new maps? Where? I played FE7if to the shit tier cock of destiny chapter and never saw any new maps. Were they after that? And, more importantly, were they shitty maps or good maps?

The Extra! character is extra. He doesn't move, you can ignore him or try and kill him to get a good item. Also no character has 80 HP until endgame, when you're sufficiently leveled to take them out. (I'm not sure which one you're talking about, there's quite a few of them, maybe the nomad trooper?)

Point taken regarding that.

And your legendary weapons also have godlike stats too, so he's not as big a problem as he looks.

I don't feel like that's real balance, but I can't really say much else since it'd just be my opinion vs yours.

When I do my LP in a few months, there will be new portraits.

Nice

I get that you're not bashing, but it helps to at least play the game before criticizing perceived imbalance.

I see a lot of things that claim they're balanced and don't end up having any sort, so I could be overly critical when it comes to appearance nowadays.

Replies in bold ^

I'm kind of confused TBH, custom songs and portraits are something I expect of a chocolate(not sure if this is the right term) hack, not a difficulty hack that keeps all characters from the base game (and doesn't add any new ones, FE7if just has portraits for the new characters, I think)?

(Holy shit 393 songs? That goes past impressive and seems like a waste of effort, though a lot of them sound pretty nice. I like the FE3 songs they inserted :B)

Edited by L95

Well I didn't play the game past cog of destiny so I guess 393 songs could be right. In any case, once you learn how to add midis to a rom, it doesn't take much skill to spam them over and over again, especially if you've got a guy dedicated just to that while the main developer works on the actual game. I don't care about that fluff anyway, I care about the actual gameplay, and the gameplay in these inflation hacks is usually horrid. Again, Will of Good and Evil was the only one I've played that was reasonably difficult without getting to this level of rage:

a67fc33002.png

92bbc2bfc1.png

Keeping in mind the player has no legendary weapons at this point, these stats are pretty insane. Even so, it pales compared to this:

412f67cd3c.png

With Linus, you can have a person with good res tackle him and take very little damage. With the guardian dog, there is no recourse. You just bullshit RN's until you get a hit, and repeat until he's dead. It's like facing an even deadlier fire dragon without legendary weapons 8 chapters early!

I'm only focusing on the guardian dog because that was the ultimate clincher that made me hate FE7if. Sure, I could replay the entire game, optimize supports, do a bunch of technical bullshit, but I was more than 16 chapters in counting gaidens, I had played for nearly 10 hours and then utter bullshit occurred. I had to chop through hundreds of enemies with 80+ HP, each taking 3-8 hits to kill, while my team was always way behind them statwise.

Praising the ASM is fine, and I will say hundreds of songs is neat, but in the end it's a game, and it's supposed to be fun to play. Even when you like difficult games like I do, FE7if was not fun by any meaning of the word, it was tedious and awful. They may have accomplished a lot technically, but they still made an objectively terrible game. My goal was to focus less on flim and fluff, and make an objectively difficult but still beatable game that didn't toss complete bullshit at the player, forcing them to restart their whole run. Dying and restarting a chapter is fine, but the whole game? No.

My technical details may not be as awesome filled, but I really do try to make it up with actual gameplay.

Incidentally, it's cool they added battle save, but that's a really pointless addition considering save states exist.

P.S. I just watched a video of FE7if, lookit this.

1f08139ffe.png

This is the sort of damage you're dealing to this guy, he has 9 movement so he just skirts you and kills your weakest guy off if you don't kill him in one turn, plus there's 80 other enemies beating on you too. It's just awful.

see, i had fun with fe7if.

whatever you may say, i didn't find those enemies unfair at all; they were a tad powerful but that's par for the course

i mean if you think those are stupid i'd love to watch you play fe4 inflation

whatever you may say, i didn't find those enemies unfair at all; they were a tad powerful but that's par for the course

i mean if you think those are stupid i'd love to watch you play fe4 inflation

"Tad" powerful. Vast understatement.

And just because FE4 Inflation is worse doesn't make FE7if better. It just means if I rank FE7if as a game at 3/10, FE4 inflation is ranked 1/10. I already hate FE4 mainly because of its bloated map sizes but that's another topic.

I should clarify that I've never played FE4 Inflation and I don't know what it is. The fact it's FE4 means I don't want to anyway.

Klok, got a bug report for you. In Chapter....i forgot, where you get to the Dread Isle after landing, apparently, you get Leila for some reason(probably intended), however, if she dies, the chapter automatically finishes for some reason. Care to explain why? Or is this just an unintended bug?