FE7 Chaos Mode [FE7CM] V1.34

Klokinator

Favorite characters?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who are your favorite characters in the first third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

2. 2. Who are your favorite characters in the second third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

3. 3. Who are your favorite characters in the last third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

Actually, you'll get. . .the images which are the reason why this run is possible. Tactician affinity: Anima.

QIGtTQt.png

No stat boosters, just the RNG being nice to him. Slim Lances allow him to use his full speed to smack things, and the starting Delphi Shield means that he can attack archers and not die in five seconds. A Seraph Robe will probably be needed a bit later.

f09c7u6.png

That's a +6 Speed blessing, which means that Lowen can weaken the worst of the enemies, so Kent can mop up whatever remains. I got the second Delphi Shield from Chapter 17, and it has been immensely helpful! Wonder where I can get two more? :P:

YuVHX1Q.png

Eliwood really doesn't care for his new Speed growth, so he did this instead. I supported him early with Hector, which meant that he was a lot less likely to eat crits. His relatively tanky stats let him solo the top part of Chapter 19.

yPuM1OE.png

Most of the crazy things I do wouldn't be possible without this dude. I had him tank hits from the Extra characters (well, the ones that hit DEF), as well as anything else that got in my way (like Cameron). Hell, he took Darin to the face and didn't flinch! He's also one of the more accurate dudes on my team.

MU9GJSG.png

Take Guy, and make him a magic tank, and you get this. The Extra enemy on 19x did no damage to him. Also, his Speed is really sweet.

I originally wanted to use Rebecca, but. . .

FDxkSPY.png

Guy stole all of her DEF. Growth characters can't afford to be screwed!

And a bonus pic:

uL3Fzk5.png

Someone forgot to tell her that she's a RES tank.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news! We've finished editing in the class for the new Male Sage promotion!

Bad news... We still need to do the female variant.

Good news! The female variant will not take a very long time.

Bad news... it'll still take more than a week, plus Mr. Night is making another animation with m/f variant for light user promotion, so it'll be a few weeks before the T3 update.

Good news! It'll be pretty goddamn badass. Also, females will now be able to wield Forblaze and Ereshkigal!

But hey, more good news than bad!

Oh wait is that thing still saying mag/2? I fucked with it way early in development and never remembered it. I literally never use Recover. I wanted to make it an S ranked version of Physic.

Edit: Post screenshots, maybe I never fixed it.

Edited by Klokinator

...great. Now you guys are making me tempted to join the Chaos mode LP bandwagon using a team only of the underrated/used/crappy units.

Currently thinking of using:

Matthew - Pretty sure people kill him off for Leila. Give the man a chance.

Erk - Paper-thin, requires babying. Perfect.

Dart - Meh.

Kent - Worse unit? SIGN ME UP. I LOVE A CHALLENGE. famous last words.

etc, etc.

I'm probably not going to go through with it, but I might do it on a personal playthrough.

I have the best worse ideas ever.

(I actually think it might have been done before though...)

Edited by Kao

Dart is sooo not "meh". He's likely the best magic unit in the game, with his 14 base con plus promotion bonuses, and his only weakness is bad defense/offense which fixes over levelups or with a stimulant. He's actually supposed to be extremely good, and is the last unit nobody has used.

Someone give me a list of all the underused/rated/useless characters. I'm going to do this thing. It won't be a full on LP, but I'll post some notable things on this page...I guess. Unless I forget.

This hack doesn't feature anyone who I'd consider useless - they all have their niche. You can try to use the poll up there to give you a hand (my answers changed). The only one that really struggles past earlygame, IMO, is Matthew.

Edited by eclipse

Based on the poll results/LPs I've seen/Klok's, sometimes true, sometimes not descriptions, I think I've narrowed it down to a handful of characters:

(The three lords) *

Matthew, *

Marcus,

Bartre,

Erk,

Sain, (actually haven't seen him used much) *

Kent, *

Legault,

Dart, *

Wallface,

Pent/Louise,

Karla,

Farina.

(* = I'm probably going to use them even if nobody wants me to)

Suggestions?

Edited by Kao

Based on the poll results/LPs I've seen/Klok's, sometimes true, sometimes not descriptions, I think I've narrowed it down to a handful of characters:

Sain, (actually haven't seen him used much) *

What. Sain is like, the best dark wizard in the game IMO.

10553413_789665564434509_779978365087979

Saseriously.

16 is a LOT of units - try to pare it down to 12 (if possible) or so. Of those. . .

- For an extra challenge, cut Marcus as soon as Eliwood promotes. Marcus. . .is actually pretty damn good.

- Farina didn't look too bad, from what little I saw of her. Didn't hire her because I was short on funds.

- Pent/Louise, together, are pretty powerful, due to the way Luck works. On their own, though. . .

- No clue about Karla, won't be recruiting her this time 'round

It's literally any unit's game, so have fun~!

Might drop

Wallface, Farina, Marcus, and MAAAAAAAAYYYYBE Sain.

(Come on, I need at least one good unit...oh wait. I'll just add Guy and drop Legault. Matt > Legault even in FE7 Chaos.)