How do I beat the first chapters of Lunatic+

I legitimately have tried a huge amount, but thanks to stupid Hawkeye Luna+ combinations I lose with Fred within seconds. How am I supposed to beat this on Classic. I am at wits end I'm that stumped and confused. Any helpful advice?

Edited by WaluigiWeegee

Yeah, read this: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40300

As for general pointers, use a +Def/-Skl Avatar-F x Chrom, and overlevel your Avatar as much as possible (Lv.20 Tactician by the end of Cht.4/5 isn't a bad goal). Fred should get no more than 2 kills max (3 if you really need to) in the Prologue, and none after that- he's for weakening stuff to give to Avatar, not for taking exp. Use Virion's Elixir, and don't be afraid of really high turn counts.

What's the point of doing L+ casual ? L+ is the ultimate challenge of the game. Since it's so frustrating mode i don't think people will do L+CAS then L+CLA unless they are masochist.

I legitimately have tried a huge amount, but thanks to stupid Hawkeye Luna+ combinations I lose with Fred within seconds. How am I supposed to beat this on Classic. I am at wits end I'm that stumped and confused. Any helpful advice?

If you are specifically having difficulty on Chapter 2 (AKA the first place where Luna+/Hawkeye shows up), you may also want to try this strategy: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=48207&page=2#entry3166668

It requires a +SPD/-whatever Robin, and technically I haven't taken it past Chapter 3, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work long-term. As mentioned, +DEF asset will also work (and has been demonstrated to be strong), but it's more of a brute force solution and remains kinda chancy for Chapter 2.

What's the point of doing L+ casual ? L+ is the ultimate challenge of the game. Since it's so frustrating mode i don't think people will do L+CAS then L+CLA unless they are masochist.

Well, L+ Casual is good for people who can't handle L+ Classic, and I have no problem recommending it to people who are stuck. I mean, not everyone is going to have the inclination to take down the game's hardest mode, even if they have the ability. Casual doesn't really teach you any permanent bad habits; it's still bad when a unit dies, so it just serves as a release valve. Mechanics of combat remain the same.

First off, check enemies' skills as early as possible. Make sure that key mooks don't have skills that can ruin the battle plan (like in Prologue, reset if the northern most mage has Luna+ if you intend to use the Water trick).

You also have to hope that you get some good level ups, namely in HP, Def and Spd. Any Asset-Flaw combination can work, but +Def/-Skl is a very reliable one. +Def/-Lck is also good, but MU can be liable to be hit by a crit. I went with +HP/-Lck for guaranteed HP level ups (it worked pretty well, though I could've been lucky with the level ups; I still had to reset because of skills, deaths or enemy AI not acting the way I want it to act).

HP, Spd, or Def flaw can make the early game VERY difficult. Frederick, from Prologue to Chapter 4, is mostly going to act as a Support bot for MU.

And I did not actually attempt Lunatic+ Casual. I only played Normal Casual, Lunatic Classic and currently on Lunatic+ Classic.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Since I only play classic I fogot that in casual you can make a save on the fight. Hence we can train with it and switch to Classic ...

I have been trying to pass chapter 3 all day and i only thought of the casual mode's utility now... *Ashamed*

Off topic : Good walthrough that you made :) . THe water tile and chapter 1 ? Genius, simply genius. I was so focus on the ennemies that i didn't see i could walk on water. Perfect for leveling up Robin. and the only thing to watch out is if the top mage has luna+.