This topic should hopefully be pretty self-explanatory: Who do you think is the best match for Robin? This can count for either (or both) the male and the female Robin, and "best match" can include chemistry, battle strategy, or something else entirely.

I personally think, for m!Robin, Lissa and Olivia have supports with the best chemistry. Lissa brings out the complete ridiculousness in Robin ("Risen! Wolves! Risen riding wolves!!" and the rubbery thing he does with his face), and Olivia just seems very at ease and fun around him (which is rare in and of itself). I really like Cherche and Cordelia as characters too, but the former's support conversations are so boring as far as I'm concerned ("Wait...you want me to be a chaperone on a wyvern date?!!? But I don't know anything about wyverns!!....I think I'm in love with you, Cherche."), and the latter always seems like she's settling whenever she pairs up with someone other than Chrom (plus, her monologues relating to Chrom in the barracks and on the event tiles never change, leading you to believe she never does get over her love for Chrom). Severa's aren't bad either, as she demonstrates to Robin that she has an eye for strategy, giving them something really important in common.

For f!Robin, I liked the supports with Chrom and Priam. Obviously Chrom and Robin make a good match regardless of gender, and I did like the Robin proposal conversation at the end of Chapter 11 (rather than their regular S-Support conversation where Chrom seems like he's ready to have a heart attack); more sappy, but also more romantic and in-line with their characterizations. Priam is just a really cool warrior with a spiritual side, and his conversations with Robin seem quite natural. Lon'qu's supports were just....weird. Two words: fig bruises.

Cordelia DOES get over her crush on Chrom, actually. In more than one support, she clearly states/implies that the man she's supporting with has replaced Chrom in her heart. Hell she actually says these exact words to Stahl in their S support.

Anyway, I don't really have a favorite wife for Male Avatar even though I'd pick Sumia if I ever go that route, but my sig tells you who I ship Female Avatar with the most. lol

She loves her Freddy Bear in my file, no question. Hee hee.

I'm partial to Cordelia because I can have an entire family of four whose members all can use the Armsthrift skill and that it's one of the few romantic supports that Cordelia has that does not involve her or her potential partner speaking about Chrom. (IIRC, only with male Avatar and Donnel does Cordelia not speak about Chrom at all during the supports). Cordelia also gets the sweet kiss scene in the Summer Scramble DLC map if her significant other is male Avatar -- and she's the one who "traps" the male Avatar and initiates the kiss!

Yes, I am aware of the level up quotes and the barracks/event tile stuff -- that's pretty much a case of gameplay and story segregation.

My other favorites for male Avatar are Lissa and Sumia.

For the female Avatar, I'd ship her with Chrom -- it's a very fitting pairing in the entire game IMO, and allows Lucina and Morgan to be proc-spammers. Heck, in the event that female Avatar is not married to Chrom and Lucina is already recruited, Lucina seems to implicitly ship the pairing of ChromXF!Avatar -- she wonders why the female Avatar didn't get together with Chrom in her support with male Morgan and in her support with female Avatar, she seems to alternate between not wanting female Avatar seducing Chrom or wanting female Avatar to fall for Chrom.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Most of the female avatars supports are great, and it probably has something to do with the fact that the male characters tend to have more unique characteristics. Although I absolutely hate the Chrom/Fem!Robin support with a passion. Way too overrated.

Probably my favorite would be Virion/Donnel/Priam. I don't like the second generation supports, though.

As for male, I couldn't care less about his female supports. Most are stupid beyond reason and move towards romance in the most rushed ways possible. I also cant say for sure since I haven't finished my supports will all of the women yet.

Im Not Mentioning Statistics Or Inheritance Because The Pairing Thread Has That Covered.

The best match for Robin is Robin.

M!Robin x F!Robin

Yup.

Well, anyway, so far my favorite pairing for RobinF is Chrom, not for the supports (which suck) but for the dynamic it adds to the story and having Lucina as their daughter. The scene where Lucina confronts Robin is particularly noteworthy.

RobinM doesn't have any supports quite like that (Lucina doesn't count because that's just kinda weird), but I think my favorite pair for him is Tharja because I find the whole thing hilarious.

The best match for Robin is Robin.

M!Robin x F!Robin

I second that. xD I wish I could marry my MUs to other MUs I pick up on Streetpass. Tactician family for the win~

(And maybe this way we'd get both our precious kids. :D -Hopefully they're not both named Morgan though.)

I second that. xD I wish I could marry my MUs to other MUs I pick up on Streetpass. Tactician family for the win~

(And maybe this way we'd get both our precious kids. :D -Hopefully they're not both named Morgan though.)

I wish that can happen, too -- potentially the most OP family ever and it's considered "canon" because of the Future Past DLC.

Personally, I actually like the story LESS with Chrom x Female Avatar or Male Avatar x Lucina because of reasons Sangyul once pointed out to me. Lucina and Chrom seem more selfish if Female Avatar is their mother and husband respectively or if Male Avatar is Lucina's husband, because in the chapter 21 scene, she decides not to kill Avatar on her own because she just can't bring herself to kill her own mother/husband. And Chrom decides he would rather let his descendants deal with Grima in a few hundred years than lose his family. And he says at some point that a million lives have nothing on one life!

Yeah... I think Sangyul explained it better though...

And I also agree that Chrom and Female Avatar's supports suck (despite that I have the B support occur in headcanon so Frederick can get mad at Chrom for "peeking in" on his wife after all the years of service Frederick did... lol)

Edited by Anacybele

I'm partial to Cordelia because I can have an entire family of four whose members all can use the Armsthrift skill and that it's one of the few romantic supports that Cordelia has that does not involve her or her potential partner speaking about Chrom. (IIRC, only with male Avatar and Donnel does Cordelia not speak about Chrom at all during the supports). Cordelia also gets the sweet kiss scene in the Summer Scramble DLC map if her significant other is male Avatar -- and she's the one who "traps" the male Avatar and initiates the kiss!

I didn't even know about this! I watched their conversations on Youtube and they're adorable! They do give the impression that Cordelia really did get over Chrom.

Female Avatar x Chrom is my preferred, for both story and gameplay (the best of both worlds!), and for many reasons already mentioned. It just......really fits imo. I do also like her supports with Lon'qu and Henry though.

Male Avatar x Tiki is my preferred on the other side, for much the same reason as I love ChromxFemale Avatar. Story wise, it brings a similar Naga vs Grima dynamic and I like giving Tiki someone to be with after all her centuries of being alone. Plus, Manakete!Morgan. Granddaughter of Naga. 'Nuff said.

This is a post I made on a relevant thread not too long ago

Lucina actually, I like the idea of the lovers from two different worlds. It's romantic. I thought with her and the avatar having such pivotal roles in the story and their places in that story make the pairing quite interesting. Lucina comes from the future with the sole purpose of destroying the fell dragon Grima who destroyed the world,

only to end up falling in love with the man who turns out to be the very same dragon. It's tragic, like Oedipus but without the patricide and incest.

It's also the only male avatar pairing in the game that has cutscene manipulation.

Personality wise I like Lucina as well, she is incredibly straightforward to the point that she comes off as naive and it makes a lot of her dialogue really funny. I don't mean to toot my own horn that much but I am absolutely fucking hilarious and that's a nice foil to Lucina and her no-nonsense, straight-to-the-point attitude. She also has a very aesthetically pleasing outfit and fighting style plus the voice actor, Laura Bailey, is one of my favorites.

It also may come as a suprise to anyone who has read some of my previous posts given all the shit I give Yarne, but during my first three(?) playthroughs I married Panne exclusively. When she first shows up in chapter six and starts talking about how much she hates humanity I took it as a challenge. I also think the S support between her and the avatar is quite romantic, first he's making her bowls of carrot soup and then he drops that "let me be your family" line. I cried.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Sumia? I'm really fond of her support with Robin and it's really sweet and Robin's lines are so very romantic in their S support. And coming up in 2nd place is Panne, because she seems to warm up to Robin quickly and Robin treats her very respectfully.

Edited by Numot

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Sumia? I'm really fond of her support with Robin and it's really sweet and Robin's lines are so very romantic in their S support. And coming up in 2nd place is Panne, because she seems to warm up to Robin quickly and Robin treats her very respectfully.

My other favorites for male Avatar are Lissa and Sumia.

They did.

Heck, in the event that female Avatar is not married to Chrom and Lucina is already recruited, Lucina seems to implicitly ship the pairing of ChromXF!Avatar -- she wonders why the female Avatar didn't get together with Chrom in her support with male Morgan and in her support with female Avatar, she seems to alternate between not wanting female Avatar seducing Chrom or wanting female Avatar to fall for Chrom.

If we're going "other supports implying things", we can start tearing apart your OTP, if you'd like.

Edited by shadowofchaos

If we're going "other supports implying things", we can start tearing apart your OTP, if you'd like.

No need to start a flame ship war. (A wild pun appeared!) This thread is meant for sharing OPINIONS, not antagonizing others into starting debates.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I'm partial to Cordelia because I can have an entire family of four whose members all can use the Armsthrift skill and that it's one of the few romantic supports that Cordelia has that does not involve her or her potential partner speaking about Chrom. (IIRC, only with male Avatar and Donnel does Cordelia not speak about Chrom at all during the supports).

Avatar (well, mostly Avatar-M) does indeed have a tendency of getting people to shut up about their more "common" traits. In some cases he fails spectacularly (Cherche and her Wyverns), but he's by far the most successful of the cast in getting people to not talk about That One Thing (Nowi and her age). It might be because he makes them talk about nothing at all, but it's still a welcome break.

Aesthetics aside (I don't really have a ship, but I could probably get behind Avatar-M x Avatar-F), ingame Avatar x Chrom/Lucina/Sumia/Cordelia/Panne/Nowi are very powerful (basically Lords, Pegs and Shapeshifters).

I wish that can happen, too -- potentially the most OP family ever and it's considered "canon" because of the Future Past DLC.

Yes! I can not tell you how depressed I was when I found out I couldn't get both Morgans. (Watashi no kawaii musume/musuko…kuso! T_T)

Wait though…would this mean two Grimas? Nah screw it! Screw logic! It ruins things = ~ =;;

Edit: Want to know another pairing I want to happen but the game won't let me? Freaking Flavia and Basilio! The one time the game decided to take away my Matchmaker title and it's with them. Makes it worse by giving them supports at all. =_=+

Edited by Rohesia

I think you've started a cult.

tumblr_mkrjh1N8NJ1r2po1co1_500.jpg

You can blame whoever made this for influencing me on my part. xD

The power of fanart is stronger than you can imagine~

Funny, Robin isn't putting the ring on her ring finger. :P

About that: The "ring finger" actually depends on the culture and/or religion of the wearer. In the West it's the left ring finger, while in parts of Europe it's the right (the left is taboo or something). Sometimes it's on the middle finger too -which was the ring finger in medieval times, which is likely Awakening's time period. : )

I was aware of Europe putting it on the right ring finger, but not the part about it being the middle finger in medieval times.

I'm used to seeing it on the left ring finger since I'm a westerner, so that's how I did it in my Freddy x Female Avatar fanart. xP