Are there any characters that you at first didn't like, but have grown on you over time?

Just like the title says. Are there any characters that you at first didn't like, but as time went by and you played more of the game grew on you? For me I'd have to say Lucina. At first I didn't really like her, I thought she was kinda bland. But as I used her more and got more of her support conversations, she gradually became one of my favorite characters in the whole game! I thought Chrom was kinda bland too, but he also grew on me. Not nearly on the same level as Lucina, though.

Libro, definitely. I used to consider him to be just his trait of being feminine-looking. Then, after reading some of his supports, especially with Tharja, I learned to appreciate him a lot more.

Vaike is the only one I can think of. At first he just seemed kinda blah, but once I saw his support with Sully, he started growing on me.

The opposite has definitely happened though... (where I liked a character at first but started disliking them later)

I couldn't stand Gaius but after time i found myself using him alot and enjoying his supports for candy hes like the male version of Ilyana . Still can't stand Owain hes got a very strange fanbase and annoying quotes hes the tingle of fire emblem.

I couldn't stand Gaius but after time i found myself using him alot and enjoying his supports for candy hes like the male version of Ilyana . Still can't stand Owain hes got a very strange fanbase and annoying quotes hes the tingle of fire emblem.

On close inspection, Owain and Tingle have an alarming number on similarities. I can't decide if you just made me like Owain less or like Tingle more.

On topic, I didn't "slowly" warm to anyone- I quickly warmed to everyone. Once I switched the voices to Japanese.

The first one to pop in my mind was Stahl. When he first joined I thought "Oh man, he looks almost like Frederick AND he's a horseback rider? That seems really lazy". But after a while I started liking Stahl as a character instead of looking at him as Frederick's copy. Maribelle's another one just cause she comes off as being kind of a jerk, but when I went further through the story she got nicer. I can't think of any others but those are my two cents.

The exact opposite happened with me. I ended up hating quite a few characters that I had no problem with earlier. Inigo being one of them.

This is not even limited to just Awakening.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

Definitely Severa. I absolutely despised her at first with all of her complaining, and bad attitude. But after several supports which showed more deeply the reason she acted that way I understood why she was acting the way she did, and grew to love her as a character with more depth than first appeared.

Sumia by far. When I first played the game I was teetering very close to the edge of "rabid Chrom/My Unit" fangirl and said some rather bad things about Sumia and the game pushing Chrom/Sumia. I thought she was annoying.

Am I glad I matured and changed. Sumia is now just so precious to me, I see a lot of myself in her, lol. Sumia is sweet, caring, gentle, with an inner strength about her somehow. And her clumsiness and general ditziness is endearing, and I love her fondess for animals and such. Sumia is perfection, and if Fred/Sumia wasn't my OTP, I'd gladly ship Chrom/Sumia today.

Chrom/Maiden is canon though so I cannot.

Severa. Tbh, I don't like Tsunderes very much, so when I found out there was a tsun character in Awakening, I wasn't too excited. Then I read a few of her supports and I

Well, she grew on me a bit. Also Gangrel.

Edited by Draco

Definitely Severa for me. She came off as being an awful character when I first recruited her, so for a long time I didn't touch her. Recently I've been training the children characters and getting more of their supports, and she's improved somewhat in my eyes.

She's nowhere near my favorite Awakening character, but she's still grown on me.

Severa- the tsundere thing always rubs me the wrong way. But after getting some of her same-sex supports and just examining her bratty outlook, I'm okay with her. She's not as bad as I first thought.

Also I did not expect Gregor to be as wonderful a character as he is. All his supports are gold.

(and somehow I really enjoy Gregor as Severa's dad, their mutual love of luxury and Future Past talk are too good for me not to enjoy)

for me at first it was Fredric, since he just didnt look like a character id be using, (with all the backlash of jegans as they say) but then everything changed when told he told them to pick a god and pray, such an epic quote that really made me change my opinion on him in an instant.

Virion. I put off using him at all because of his rather sexist first view, but then I started pairing him with some characters just to try out, and I really think the Olivia/Virion support made me fall in love with him. He is actually really respectful of the wishes of women, and just his flamboyance rubs people up the wrong way.

This happened to me with a lot of characters actually...
I didn't really like Virion, Sumia, Gaius, and Kjelle at first... But after I used them for a while, I've really grown to like them! :)