• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every Pairing is canon thanks to the existence of multiple timelines...

"Canon" is entirely dependent on the creator of the works.

Not some cop-out to justify some way to make "everyone happy".

"Canon" seems like a buzzword nowadays in fanbases.

"Kanon" is entirely dependent on the creator of the works.

Not some cop-out to justify some way to make "everyone happy".

"Kanon" seems like a buzzword nowadays in fanbases.

Yeah, I don't get what peoples' obsession is with it tbh.

Sangyul summed up my thoughts again. IS can have Elincia be strong enough to let Lucia go, but can't have Lucina be the same way and go through with sacrificing Avatar for the greater good? This just doesn't make sense to me.

Here's the thing though.

Lucina is not Elincia.

Here's the thing though.

Lucina is not Elincia.

Exactly why I dislike Lucina but love Elincia. They're different, yet could've been more similar if Lucina had been written better. They're both royalty who were put into similar situations, but only one of them appealed to me because of how she was written in said situation.

Edited by Anacybele

Exactly why I dislike Lucina but love Elincia. They're different, yet could've been more similar if Lucina had been written better. They're both royalty who were put into similar situations, but only one of them appealed to me because of how she was written in said situation.

But that's what I mean. Not debating with you liking Elincia over Lucina (matter of preference and that's fine), but Lucina doesn't need to be similar to Elincia to be automatically written better.

And also, don't forget the situations both Elincia and Lucina faced. Elincia allowing for Lucia (damn these similar names!) to die in the hands of the rebels was a pretty strong move and I applaud her for it, because I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision for her. There also was a lot more at stake with Elincia's choice, as her agreeing to Ludveck's terms would basically prove she was a weak queen and would have been forced to abdicate if not worse. Lucina on the other hand, was going to plunge the sword herself, and for a lot of people that makes a HUGE difference. Yes, Elincia was strong enough to let Lucia die, but do you think she has the courage to kill Lucia with her own hands? To be honest, I don't. The game went to great lengths to tell us that Elincia values her loved one more than anyone else, and even gave her a personal skill that doesn't let her kill anyone. I don't see Elincia stabbing Lucia (or Geoffrey or Bastian or Renning, or heck, even Ike) to death under ANY circumnstances.

Guess the point I'm trying to make here is, while Elincia did show a huge deal of strength in her decision to let Lucia die, it's not really comparable to the situation Lucina was in.

I see your point in that Lucina and Elincia's situations were different, but I suppose the biggest thing that bothers me about Lucina is the inconsistency. If she found that even when the avatar wasn't close to her personally she couldn't murder him or her in cold blood, I wouldn't have disliked her for it. I would've still respected her for that. If she struggled a bit more with the decision to kill her mother or husband (and actually had to be stopped by Chrom before she went through with it), I would've respected her too for being strong enough to go through with it.

The fact that she's basically so uncaring when the avatar's not her husband or mother, and that suddenly her resolve to stop her future means nothing in the face of losing her mother or husband, really bugs me.

I see your point in that Lucina and Elincia's situations were different, but I suppose the biggest thing that bothers me about Lucina is the inconsistency. If she found that even when the avatar wasn't close to her personally she couldn't murder him or her in cold blood, I wouldn't have disliked her for it. I would've still respected her for that. If she struggled a bit more with the decision to kill her mother or husband (and actually had to be stopped by Chrom before she went through with it), I would've respected her too for being strong enough to go through with it.

The fact that she's basically so uncaring when the avatar's not her husband or mother, and that suddenly her resolve to stop her future means nothing in the face of losing her mother or husband, really bugs me.

I'm not even arguing that, as it's a perfectly fine reason not to like the scene or the character. I was just debating Ana's point that Lucina's situation shouldn't be compared to Elincia's, since both of them were widely different.

I'm not even arguing that, as it's a perfectly fine reason not to like the scene or the character. I was just debating Ana's point that Lucina's situation shouldn't be compared to Elincia's, since both of them were widely different.

Fair enough on that point.

Fair enough, I guess. I also suppose Lucina had a lot more at stake (basically the entire world rather than just one country) than Elincia. But I still agree with Sangyul.

Uh-ohhhhh... it's another one of these...

Kellam x Sully

Yes!

I knew I'm not the only one haha

Do you reckon Lon'qu x Olivia are somewhat canon? I know "canon" in a game like this is very much down to opinion, but I still like to think about it anyway. Lon'qu x Tharja felt like a good match at first, but then the epilogue says that Tharja never stayed with Lon'qu and went back to the desert she was used to. So it got me thinking about the medieval/fantasy setting and who would most likely court whom. It might sound like blasphemy, but Frederick being as close as he is to the exalts, might be a likely husband for Lissa, from an in-universe perspective. He's a Great KNIGHT after all. So certainly within nobility. Personally I don't think I'd put them together though haha, but it got me thinking.

Edited by Red Falcon

I know "canon" in a game like this is very much down to opinion,

No, that's a headcanon. Canon is what the devs explicitly state to be true, whether ingame or in an interview somewhere.

Well, you knew what I meant, so who cares! ^_^

Headcanon can contain a lot of bias and personal preference anyway. Whereas I'm interested in what's believed to be most canon (arguably less bias).

I'd think Lon'qu and Cherche seems more likely to be "canon." And for Frederick, I'd honestly have to say Miriel.

Mmm... I have been leaning towards Frederick and Miriel. They're both shepards too, so that makes sense. And they both scold Vaike for not having a weapon which is quite funny hehe. What makes you say Lon'qu and Cherche? I'm curious. :)

Edited by Red Falcon

Can someone please tell me what "canon" means? Because I really don't know..

In this case, it's what's stated by either the game itself or the developers.

Like for instance: It's canon that Chrom marries. It's not canon that he marries Sumia, however. Even though the notion that he does is implied.

Edited by Just call me Al

My headcanon:

Chrom/Sumia

Vaike/Lissa

Stahl/Sully

Henry/Miriel

Gaius/Maribelle

Gregor/Panne

Frederick/Cordelia

Donnel/Nowi

M!Avatar/Tharja

Lon'qu/Olivia

Virion/Cherche

Cherche/Virion is likely actual canon. Just ponder it.

Lon'qu/Olivia is likely as well. (Inigo being the TOTAL OPPOSITE of his father who feared women. We are dealing with anime tropes here, people.)

Chrom/Sumia cuz the game likes that pairing.

Henry/Tharja seems really umm..obvious.

Maribelle/Ricken or Maribelle/Libra. Not sure which feels more right. They both do though.

/shrug

My headcanon pairings are in the about me section of my profile. I've listed them so many times in this board that I don't feel like it anymore. :P

In this case, it's what's stated by either the game itself or the developers.

Like for instance: It's canon that Chrom marries. It's not canon that he marries Sumia, however. Even though the notion that he does is implied.

Oh thanks.

We're essentially limited to Chrom/Sumia because the game pushes them, but still both of them have other marriage options.

After that there's nothing, because no other character than Chrom needs to marry, so you could go as far as to say Chrom/Maiden, because technically the maiden only exists in this game to marry.

You could however, go on for hours looking at how the parent's character may reflect upon the child. (Virion!Inigo, Gregor!Brady etc.) However this will always be personal opinion.

Chrom <3 Woman is canon.

Nothing more.

I'd argue that all the 1st Gen ladies marrying is in fact canon, since we get to see the children in the bad future DLC regardless of whether the mothers are married or not. It's who they marry that can't be established.