Fire Emblem Confessions~

Are there some things that even now, you feel a bit ashamed of? Or have done in FE or not done in FE that may be worthy of confession?

I have not ever played Hector Hard Mode.

Ive never beat Radiant Dawn on higher than Easy mode.

Ive not finished Shadow Dragon cuz it bored me to tears.

FE4's big maps and my bad patch scared me.

I didnt finish FE6 with the special ending/gaiden chapters complete. (wheeh)

Ive never even seen FE12.

I never play Normal mode in FE13, but i always play with Nancy/Casual mode on cuz less headaches that way.

Ive actually gotten Lyon in FE8. And then got real mad that he has unbreakable tome and junk, but ive done everything in the game there is to do. So he was useless.

Ive bought Apotheosis, but have yet to try the actual map. (~preparation~ lol)

I use Bartre.

I shamelessly grind in FE13.

If im grinding in FE8, its for supports.

Ive never used Brom in FE9.

tumblr_m2l6wl3RY11qbjj0lo1_400.gif

Your turn~

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of suck at Fire Emblem; playing even moderately efficiently is hard for me.

I've been on the penultimate chapter of FE12 for like a year and a half. I don't even have a reason for stopping playing it.

I have only ever played Awakening. I have not played Lunatic on that yet. I only have three sets of DLC (Future Past, Lost Bloodlines, and Scramble).

Yes I am casual scrub fan.

Edited by Kreekakon

I've never played awakening and yet still manage to hates it story, characters,grinding to make the game easy, dlc to make it even easier,and the fact that one of my friends who bought actually thinks I've played it

I'm playing FE12 for the first time now, and I hacked in one of the shards, because I missed it in chapter 12 and didn't realize it until I saved over the file and was in the 13 prep screen.

I pretty much always shamelessly grind in Awakening.

Lemee see...the only games I've actually beaten the hard modes for are Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance, and EHM in FE7. Got most of the way through HHM but never actually finished, don't want any part of Frederick Emblem, Radiant Dawn is hard as hell, and Shadow Dragon sucks.

I warpskipped about half of Shadow Dragon because it bored me to tears, but I wanted to be able to say I'd "beaten" it.

I always start on easy mode no matter what game or iteration I start with

I like the map designs in FE13

I only played FE13 on Lunatic on casual

I don't like FE9's animation and thought they were atrocious even back in 2005

I bought all of FE13's DLC in one go

I never grinded in Sacred Stones which is why I thought the game was hard

I stopped halfway through FE7

I skipped about 5 chapters in FE11 using warp on Marth and killing the boss in 2 turns

I used all my BEXP one time on a character I forgot what his name was and proceed to never use him afterwards

Edited by kingddd

You both speak ill of shadow dragon.i was considering buying it .Is it all that bad?

The gameplay's okay, but most of the characters get approximately 1 line of dialogue and never speak again, and the story's pretty bland. I just couldn't get into the game at all. I even tried replaying it recently, but stopped at around chapter 8.

It's not a terrible game, it's just lacking in comparison to other FE games.

You both speak ill of shadow dragon.i was considering buying it .Is it all that bad?

Shadow dragon isn't that bad but they kept a lot of the stuff from FE 1 the same so it felt wonky to me. Also the reclass thing was weird and unlocking gaiden chapters was even weirder because you had to have had friendly units die. The growth rates are also pretty low compared to other games and I remember there being a lot of units that seem pretty useless (but that is applicable to other FEs as well). If you are a big FE fan than it is definitely worth a shot. I would say FE12, the sequel for shadow dragon, did a much better job in meshing the old with the new. But that's just my opinion, there are plenty of users here who like shadow dragon the most.

Edit: woops forgot to address opening post

I have grinded in arena

I have rigged rng to make super units to rofl stomp the game

I'm pretty sure ive had runs that were over 1000 turns lol

I love training Est archetype characters

I like a lot of the Awakening cast (I also like a lot of the cast for every FE though)

In my first run of PoR, I only used Ike in the final battle because Ashnard kept killing my other guys

Edited by metalsnowman3

I have gotten close to the ending in 7, 9, and 10 but haven't actually beaten them. I've even gotten close to the ending for each multiple times, but I always lose interest around the end. (not because of difficulty.) I have successfully finished 8 and 13, but now when I play them I tend to not completely finish it.

I Lungdren abuse Florina lulz.

Yaasss! oAo

Ive also only gotten chapter 19xx approximately once. Stupid dodgy Kishuna and stupid Nils grinding.

Ive also arena abused in FE7. (Spammy Rath is worth it.)

It's not for everyone. The characters, for the most part, are pretty generic, the graphics get flak, and the story's pretty basic. I like it because of reclassing (which is another can of worms), and because one line of dialogue is enough characterization for me. The links in my sig? All FE11.

My one and only shameless confession is that I never made it past Chapter 2 of FE4.

My friends that played FE would have me arena grind their units because I knew how to not get my units killed doing it, but being that good at arena abusing is something that I'm really ashamed of

I ragequitted FE11 H5 on chapter 3 and haven't touched it since

I still haven't gotten every side chapter in FE7

I haven't played a GBA fire emblem in over 5 years

I have my Avatar marry people in FE13 that I like and not necessarily for the skills/stats despite doing that for every other character

I used Wendy in FE6 and thought she was a legit good character. Same with Sheema in FE3

Shadow Dragon is my least favorite of all of the FE games I've played. Even with all of the units in the game, I only used about 5 every playthrough. Marth, Beck, Lena, Merric, and Radd.

I've never completed RD on any difkultee dificulty other than easy (normal in japan)

I hate pegasus knights, most Armor knights, most fighters, and I don't really get the charm of mercs.

Marth is not a very good lord.

I also didn't use Brom. I tried on my first playthrough, because I didn't know when, or IF Gatrie would come back.

Edited by Draco

I have never tried to complete any of the Tellius games. (and still have not to this day.)

I think Wendy and Roy are good units.

I use defensive tactics. (Which means Paladins, Generals and Wyvern Lords are godsends to me.)

I rig any hits that miss around 65 - 99 simply because RNG dislikes me.

I find Female Avatar (FE 13) cute. :p

Edited by Zephyr

I found FE2 really fun for the few chapters I played of it.

FE4 Gen II > FE4 Gen I. Oh, and Lex/Ayra, Lewyn/Fury, and other 'popular' pairings are really boring to do, IMO. I prefer doing crazy shit like Lex/Briggid and Lewyn/Raquesis.

Ronan is the best archer in FE5.

I think Tate > Miledy all day every day in FE6.

Wil is one of the best units in FE7 for me in like, every playthrough. Also Fiora and Heath are the best fliers. And Vaida's cool, too.

Ephraim's route > Eirika's route in FE8 all the time. Also it's one of the better FEs big time. Who cares if it's easy? At least it's really fun.

I believe Boyd > Ike in FE9.

Tomas is the best in FE11 and FE12 after Lena and Palla.

Cynthia's the best in FE13.

I'm exhausted. >_>

Every time I play fe10,I boss abuse twice during part one;on pain (it can become difficult of you don't plan ahead because his strike goes up) and on Jarod ,as well as raising Vika muarim and girlie and brining them to the tower(I've used most units in fe10)

Edited by Livin La Vida Loca

I have beaten FE6 on Hard mode, but still have yet to beat FE7 on Hector Hard mode.

I still haven't beaten FE5, and I can't really get into it. Still <3 Karin though.

I shamelessly grind in Awakening

Catria > Palla

Marcia is the best in PoR

I use Ilyana, even in Radiant Dawn

I actually used Nino the last time I played FE7

Farina is best Pegasus in FE7

I really like flying units

I like mercs/heroes a lot as well

FE3 was my second FE

Gameplay > Characters > Story

I like Cordelia and Severa, no matter what people say to them.

Edited by Dark Legend Vampire

I battle saved levels for Miccy and Sanaki like crazy in RD. Mic ORKO'd tons of things in Part 1. Sanaki capped speed so she could actually double with Auras and Rexflame in endgame.

I still can't be bothered to beat the final chapter of SD H5 without the geosphere fortify trick (warp aumtiki bombing is even cheesier so I'm discounting that too)

Edited by Irysa

I dislike Henry the most (let him die in one gameplay)

Never played a Tellius series.

Never played Akaneian series (and its remakes)

Has yet to finish Sacred Stones

I shamelessly grind in FE13 using EXPonential DLC

Finished Eliwood normal, but never Hector mode (any difficulty)

I have a hard time finding a husbando for my female MU

Hector is my favorite lord

My favorite class in GBA FE is the Berserker.

I also really like Knights in GBA FE (chain lance and axes)

I never bothered trying Casual mode.

[spoiler=Wut r u, casul?]tumblr_n9i8ty87im1tan517o2_400.gif

Edited by Foolishly Capricious

I've never beaten HHM in FE7, because I don't like this game at all.

I still haven't ended FE6. I didn't enjoy the game after ch18.

I haven't beaten single fe chapter since April.

I have beast fun playing effective on FE5 and FE8. Level design of this games delights me.

I play without save stats and rng abuse.

Edited by Nicolas