Draco

I'm using an old laptop (Mac OS X I believe) that was my sister's before mine, so it's kinda old. She already had Skype on it, but it was a really old version. Sometime today, there was an update and I got excited so I could have the same version my cousin did, and if he told me a feature I didn't know about, he could actually direct me on how to find it, that kinda thing.

I installed it, and the sign-in screen is different, so I thought it was a good sign. But then it said "We've signed you out because you're using an old version of Skype." And it gave a link to this page. http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/?intsrc=client-_-osx-_-6.3-_-go-download

So I clicked the "download for Mac" button.

I followed the steps:
Step 1

Save the Skype file to your computer.

dummy.png

Step 2

Double click the download file then drag the Skype icon to your Applications folder.

dummy.png

Step 3

Launch Skype from your Applications folder and sign in with your Skype Name and password.

It took me to the same page I was at before. I followed the steps and repeated doing it multiple times. The same thing, every. Single. TIME. "We've signed you out because you're using an old version of Skype." "We've signed you out because you're using an old version of Skype."

I'm really starting to freak out here. What can I do?

Edited by Draco

you could probably ask on the official Skype website and they'd be able to help you better than us :newyears:

also it looks like that page says that it'd want OS X Mavericks (Mac OS 10.9) or above

I'd google to find the latest version of Skype compatible with your version of the Mac OS (found under ->About This Mac) and download that and see if that fixes your issues

but honestly a fire emblem forum is not the best place to ask :V

You could always just not use skype and use something like trillian instead

**shrug**

if you can first teach somebody to convince everybody they have entrenched in skype to stop using skype that's lovely advice

Edited by Integrity

if you can first teach somebody to convince everybody they have entrenched in skype to stop using skype that's lovely advice

Its better than giving no advice, since I don't know how to fix the problem.

since it occurs to me i look like a huge douchebag given what i'm scolding for and what i'm saying

try fully uninstalling skype before running the downloaded file. maybe even uninstalling and rebooting before reinstalling, sometimes skype is a BITCH (note: always skype is a bitch). i don't think a registry clean is necessary but skype is skype.