FE Lords Tier List

DarkCrusader

So I noticed that there hasn't been a tier list for lords in these forums so I thought we could make one and discuss. Like any tier list this one can totally change (and probably will change several times) if a good argument is being made for said changes. This list will just give us something to start with. I'm looking forward to what you guys have to say. Oh quick question: Should we add in Lucina and if so, where would you say she should go? (Assume Robin!Lucina for this tier list).

*Assume Ephraim is being rated on his performance in Ephraim route. Eirika is also being rated on her performance in Eirika route.

Top Tier

1) Sigurd
2) Alm

3) RD Ike

4) Seliph

5) FE 1 Marth

Solid Tier

6) Ephraim

7) FE 9 Ike

8) Chrom

9) FE 12 Marth

10) FE 3 Marth (Book 2)

Mixed Bag Tier

11) Hector

12) Leif

13) Celica

14) Micaiah

Bottom Tier

15) Shadow Dragon Marth

16) Eirika

17) Lyn

18) Eliwood

19) Roy

Can't Comment Tier

*FE 3 Book 1 Marth*

Okay so I haven't played FE 3 Book 1 so I don't know how powerful Marth is in that part of Fire Emblem 3. Can anyone who has played FE 3 Book 1 give me feedback about that please?

EDIT # 1: Ephraim has been moved to top of Solid Tier. FE 3 Marth has been moved to Solid Tier. Celica and Leif have switched places.

Edited by DarkCrusader

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eliwood and Lyn are definitely not bottom tier. I prefer Roy to both, but I'm weird. Eirika too.

Micaiah is worse than either due to bad speed. Mages also just generally sucked in FE10 due to higher enemy Res.

Really, Bottom tier is just SD Marth and Micaiah. None of the bottom tiers you list are nearly as bad as them.

Chrom should be bumped down and Eph up. Chrom has an exceedingly poor postgame because the children are things.

Also FE9 Ike is better than FE10.

Seems like a good list to me. Though I'd put Micaiah in bottom tier. xP

Also FE9 Ike is better than FE10.

I will respectfully disagree. RD Ike starts out good while PoR Ike starts a little weak. And RD Ike doesn't stay sword-locked the whole game. AND he gets Ragnell earlier. Yet he still has excellent growths, just as before.

Edited by Anacybele

If we're talking efficiency or just relatively fast play, Celice should be above RD Ike and possibly Alm as well, since if you load him with rings (as you should in those types of runs) he will quickly become a slightly stronger version of Sigurd. Leif should also be much higher, since although his growths are mediocre he's immune to status staves, grows very quickly in levels due to him being unburdened by fatigue, and the light sword gives him strong 1-2 range as well, and having lower stats isn't too big a handicap in a game with scrolls. Lyn should probably be higher than Eirika, since to her credit she can get a lot of levels in Lyn mode and makes a good bow user when promoted, but I agree with her being bottom tier. I agree with Michiah being where she is, unlike other people. In Part 1 she's useful for thani nuking occasional enemies, and her high magic means she'll always at least be useful as a staff user, which is more than can be said for the lords that can't fight at all.

FE1 Marth is good because the enemies always target him if he's in range, and due to the way AS works he'll likely become overlevelled really fast since his start is actually not too bad unlike fe11

celica is pretty bad too, definately worse than FE3 Marth and Leaf.

I agree about Ephraim being better than FE9 Ike and Chrom. He's never a liability unlike the other two.

FE12 Marth is probably too high too. He's probably actually worse than someone like Leaf since he never really does anything other than accumulate exp to stab Medeus in endgame.

Edited by General Horace

I'd put Eirika over FE11 Marth. She's dodgy as hell, has solid supports with other top tier units, and Seglinde.

When is PoR Ike ever a liability? He's a bit weak in the beginning, but there's also a lot of axe dudes in the beginning of the game, so he can still be pretty useful.

Really, Bottom tier is just SD Marth and Micaiah. None of the bottom tiers you list are nearly as bad as them.

I take it that being a Roy fangirl has made you overlook his mediocre growths and extremely late promotion time.

Hey. Sword of Seals is kind of brotastic. In a game where you can buy all the statboosters you want.

Thani, on the other hand

FE9 Ike being so much higher than FE3 Marth seems awfully questionable to me. Marth starts out stronger than Ike. He also has access to the orb shards, which kick his growth rates into the stratosphere. FE3 also lacks a weapon triangle, meaning Marth can actually use his rapier against armors and lance knights without suffering a penalty for it. Marth is also the only character in his game who can visit villages. This makes him the only character who can potentially bag a fair number of resources and recruit several allies. If that wasn't enough, Marth can also function as a thief thanks to the Fire Emblem's ability to open chests.

FE9 Ike does have some advantages, but I don't see how they're nearly enough to warrant him being six whole spots ahead of FE3 Marth.

As I remember fe9 early game was predominantly lance centric

Ike's Regal Sword still did bonus damage to both horse knights AND foot knights. It was basically a renamed and redesigned rapier. And he doubled everything except Myrms quickly.

Edited by Anacybele

I feel like Hector belongs in solid, unless mine was just coincedentally really good? Lucina is top tier I would guess. Also I agree on Micaiah being bottom tier due to poor defense. Lyn makes up for hers with speed and a high crit rate, but Micaiah just kind of takes everything, in my experience with her.

Marth is also the only character in his game who can visit villages. This makes him the only character who can potentially bag a fair number of resources and recruit several allies. If that wasn't enough, Marth can also function as a thief thanks to the Fire Emblem's ability to open chests.

I was assuming the tier list is based on combat only. Can you specify, Crusader?

Edited by Alertcircuit

Ike's Regal Sword still did bonus damage to both horse knights AND foot knights. It was basically a renamed and redesigned rapier. And he doubled everything except Myrms quickly.

true,but you were referring to there being lots of enemy axe wielders in the earlygame,which I again believe is untrue unless my memory has failed

true,but you were referring to there being lots of enemy axe wielders in the earlygame,which I again believe is untrue unless my memory has failed

If I recall, the first three chapters are almost nothing BUT axe wielders.

When is PoR Ike ever a liability? He's a bit weak in the beginning, but there's also a lot of axe dudes in the beginning of the game, so he can still be pretty useful.

So can Lyn, Eliwood, and Roy.

Ike performs better than Eliwood and Roy lol. He performs similarily to LM!Lyn except better because eventually he becomes durable.

Edited by Refa

If so,it was my mistake;all I remember is cryin in the corner when I saw chapter 5 because there were like 2 fighters on the whole map. Could someone bring up the enemy data for early fe9?I'm kinda curious now.

Ike performs better than Eliwood and Roy lol. He performs similarily to LM!Lyn except better because eventually he becomes durable.

Yeah, but it's not like his combat is stellar during midgame. His promotion is fantastic, but he's still not really doing much until Ragnell, TBH.

FE9!Ike is definitely good, but he isn't THAT good.

But haven't I heard about people soloing the game with Ike before? I guess I could just have a fuzzy memory here though.

Edited by Anacybele