FE Lords Tier List

DarkCrusader

even after promotion he needs ragnell to do anything more than any other foot unit

and he's your worst earlygame unit other than like, Rhys and Soren. If he doesn't get a few early points of speed he's pretty awful.

And Ana, i'm pretty sure every lord (other than ones like Ephraim that aren't present in every chapter) can solo their respective games.

Except Roy. Not saying FE9 Ike is bad, but he's pretty average, much like FE3/12 Marth.

Edited by General Horace

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even after promotion he needs ragnell to do anything more than any other foot unit

and he's your worst earlygame unit other than like, Rhys and Soren. If he doesn't get a few early points of speed he's pretty awful.

And Ana, i'm pretty sure every lord (other than ones like Ephraim that aren't present in every chapter) can solo their respective games.

Except Roy.

what about hector in HHM cog?

Yeah, FE10!Ike is not only better than his FE9 self, but most of the other lords in the series , as well.

As for Ephraim, he can solo his respective route through the endgame pretty easily. Phantom Ship would be annoying, but it wouldn't be impossible. He has two amazing personal weapons (Reginleif and Siegmund) and gets a mount upon promotion. And javelin access is awesome. Really, I feel he's better than Chrom and FE9!Ike, who don't sport ranged combat until promotion.

Edited by ZM©

So far here are the reoccuring posts and suggestions:

1. Ephraim above FE 9 Ike and Chrom. Does he belong in Top Tier?
  2. Micaiah to Bottom Tier
  3. Bump up FE 3 Marth. Above FE 9 Ike and Chrom?
  4. Bump up Eirika? To "Mixed Bag" Tier?
  5. Move Celica down

^ Let me know what you guys think.

i would probably drop fe10 ike out of top and to the top of high; he's good but he doesn't completely stomp everything ever (unlike FE1 Marth, Sigurd, Celice etc)

I'm against putting Micaiah in bottom tier. She can one shot cavaliers and armors throughout the game and is always useful for healing. She has some minor use at every point in the game, whereas the weaker lords are never really good at anything.It's not much, but I think it justifies keeping her at just barely above bottom tier.

Edited by MartyTheDemonSlayer

Ephraim/Eirikas usefulness depends on route.this is always tricky to establish on tier lists,so what's the approach here?

Ephraim is being rated on his usefulness in Ephriam route. Eirika is rated on her performance in Eirika route. That help?

In part one Micaiah has high enough durability to survive at least one shot from armors/cavaliers and probably won't get doubled if she's trained decently, Sothe has the guard skill to redirect enemy attacks, and if you're good with positioning your squishy units shouldn't even get attacked in the first place. In her part three maps she has physic access and in the only map where Thani comes in handy there's a narrow choke that means she won't really ever have to face attacks. In part four, there are always decent chokes (and her mobility helps in the desert). If you play decently you can still get plenty of use out of michiah without her low durability ever becoming an issue. On the other hand, lords like Lyn, eliwood, and Roy all have poor durability, and they lack 1-2 range and staffs so the only way to get any use out of them is throwing them in the range of enemies. She's not good, but she has enough uses that she doesn't deserve to be bottom tier.

Edit:

And her high might means that if she chips an enemy she'll put them within kill range for another unit, which, in the case of the Dawn Brigade saves the need for a low defense unit to take a hit, which is super useful in early chapters.

Edited by MartyTheDemonSlayer

I have strong qualms about Seliph being that far below his father. Seliph literally becomes Sigurd with higher Res after one chapter.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

So far here are the reoccuring posts and suggestions:

1. Ephraim above FE 9 Ike and Chrom. Does he belong in Top Tier?
  2. Micaiah to Bottom Tier
  3. Bump up FE 3 Marth. Above FE 9 Ike and Chrom?
  4. Bump up Eirika? To "Mixed Bag" Tier?
  5. Move Celica down

^ Let me know what you guys think.

As for Ephraim, he can solo his respective route through the endgame pretty easily. Phantom Ship would be annoying, but it wouldn't be impossible. He has two amazing personal weapons (Reginleif and Siegmund) and gets a mount upon promotion. And javelin access is awesome. Really, I feel he's better than Chrom and FE9!Ike, who don't sport ranged combat until promotion.

2. Why would Micaiah be bottom? Sure, she's slow and frail, but at least she can attack from a distance. I haven't played FE10, but I don't think she's as terrible as some people make her out to be, from what I've seen.

3. Sure, I guess. All three of them are pretty similar in their roles.

4. Yeah. Eirika's better than quite a few of the ones in the mixed bag tier.

5. Below Eirika in mixed bag.

Edited by ZM©

Can someone explain why Chrom is considered to be solid tier? I'd personally put him in mixed bag.

It might be due to grinding and being able to max him out because of that no matter how screwed he gets in the beginning.

It might be due to grinding and being able to max him out because of that no matter how screwed he gets in the beginning.

Pretty much, grinding makes awakening balls easy

From what I know I would say:

Bump Chrom down at least 2, while he is solid he still is pretty useless post-game not counting sniper chipping.

Hector should be 1 higher, in FE7 your best options for axe wielder are normally Marcus, Harken, Raven and Sain all of which will not focus much on axes making Hector not only a solid unit for having great defense and 5 movement but for filling an important army role.

Micaiah is too Rng/ Bexp reliant so I think she shouldn't go down but shouldn't go up either.

Lyn should be split in Lyn with Lyn mode or without, Lyn with Lyn mode can certainly go high Mixed Bag tier

Ephraim should go up he has amazing growth, bases, gains a mount on promotion and has 2 amazing Prf weapon the only thing that sets him back is his low res which is still pretty solid and bad caps.

Other than that I think it's pretty much solid.