Bioware can't make character customizations

omglmaowtf

I just got the Mass Effect Trilogy & tried ME1 for the first time...and every attempt at try to customize a female Shepard face just results in ugly, deformed men! Makes miss the character creators like Volition's for their Saints Row series

You know, while I did end up making a mutant-looking dude my first time in ME, I still thought the creator at the time was pretty next-level. It didn't let you like customize every little thing with sliders, but it could make for some really realistic faces at the time.

Just make sure when you're making characters to make use of their turning head to get a good view of their faces from different angles. It's not hard to make a good-looking face once you get the hang of it!

I was able to make Shepard look like a woman when I played Mass Effect...

Sure, it's nothing like Saints Row's customizer, but BioWare's Mass Effect and Dragon Age have good customizers for what they are.

Bioware can't do a lot of things, it's why they're under the EA banner with DICE, one trick ponies that excessively fuck up every step of the way but still make sales because of series branding and over-hyped releases.

I ended up having almost 20 characters that looked near-on-identical in SWTOR, was scary running into so many NPC's that shared the same features too, then I jumped into FFXIV and noticed just how subpar the creation system in SWTOR was. Haven't seen Mass Effect's customization though, but I find it to be pointless as a concept in that game, because it's like, hey, make your own Shepherd but then have him conform to a couple choices we've already selected for you.

IMO the thing with Shepard and Mass Effect style RPGs is that they're less full-on roleplaying, and more "of these things that this character is capable of doing, you pick which they decide to do, and thus how the story plays out"

My female Shepard is basically the same default, but with brown skin and stark light red hair, based on an acquaintance of Bangladeshi heritage who actually has that and makes it look awesome. That character's face may look kinda samey at times, but she's still a favorite protag of mine