Loca and Glac play FE7 Rebalenced

Magical Glace

So a while back Loca asked how to create FE7 hacks since he wanted to rebalence the game.

I told him it wasn't that hard and I could do it myself with ease.

So now this is a thing.

We're going to play it, probably slowly, and playlog it here.

I'm not going to make the patch public until I'm certain I remembered everything.

Loca will post the Prologue later.

(LHM/HNM by the way)

Edited by Integrity

Can you and or living the crazy life give any deeeeetails on how balance is balanced? J.C.

Basically, units were buffed/nerfed according to this:

Unit changes; Lyn:Lower skill growth by 5%, buff def by 10%%, raise base str and def to 5, lower base skill by 2-5, give Blade Lord+15 crit, and lower Sol Katti wt

Hector: promo time is out of the question unless fanfiction happens, but even so:+1 mov from promo

Eliwood:Bases are 6 across the board save res, lower durandal weight, str+spd buff?(I feel like small buffs to multiple stats would better suit the idea of eliwood unit-wise, but thats just me)

Bartre the BRAAAAAAAAAAAAVE:buff base speed to 5; add+2 spd to warrior promo, maybe give +1 to all his other bases,since his low skill and luck combined with axes and higher enemy luck mean that he'll have reaaaly bad hitrates

Dorkass, the poisoned mutton man:buff speed growth to 30% and make his base 7 or 8; since skill and luck will actually be important stats, i think thats all that needs to be done

Serra: buff mag growth to 65%(Should staff EXP be changed?)

Heath, the magical toffee bar dragon:if join time cant be changed, simply raise luck to prevent sniper rape,and maybe buff his def and spd by like 5%

Marcus: Reduce his str to 8, and buff his def and hp(He'll pretty much only be reliable high move durable chip damage,which is a lot less broken then vanilla)

Pent:lower stats a bit, but more importantly, lower staff rank

Erk:Raise mag growth to 50% and luck growth to 40%(His normal one is 30% right?)

Rebecca:raise str growth by 5%, buff base str by 2, snipers get crit bonus

Wil:buff spd grwoth by 5% and base by 2

Florina:buff str growth by 10,raise CON?

Fiora:nerf skill growth by 15%,raise def growth by 10%, raise str growth by 10%(she has only decent luck and a weakness to snipers;i think she needs a rather large buff)

Nino: Buff all growths by 10%,raise CN so she can actually wield a fire tome without slowing down

Wallass:Wow does he suck...hmm.. maybe buff his speed growth by 25%, so he can effectively be a worse version of FE10 gatrie, and maybe raise all his bases by 3(i think this could become OP, but you have to control lord levels to get him so eh)

Karla:just give her FE6!Karel's growths, i can see no other way to redeem someone who shows up sooooo late in the game AND requires the training of a specific unit,even if she reaches level 20,she can only kill things for 3 chapters,right?

Isadora:Hmmm...its kinda tough to make her unique...theres already a horsetank, an offense pallie, a jagen, and a balanced pallie...Give her the wind affinity, i guess, and buff hp,def,and CON. Not much can be done with her

Renault:ALL THE MAG BUFFS

Vaida:raise her speed by 3.your call.

Canas:Def growth can be 40%, mag 60%, res 25%,and skill 25%;a traditional druid, but with less res and more speed

Legault:again, buffs may or not be necessary; buff def to 35%,otherwise hes fine with +25 crit

Dart:buff luck growth by 10% to prevent him from getting critblicked

Lowen:Does he...need any buffing?Maybe a slight buff to his strength,but i think hes fine

Raven:Not sure to nerf him, hes constantly critted, but if necessary just lower his base str by 2

Rath:Increase str,luck,and def growths by 10%; hes still pretty frail, with crap supports,and shows up underleveled

I think i covered every unit; so time for misc stuff!

Your idea of light brand doing normal damage and being more available is great,should the same apply to runesword?

What would be a good idea for a 1-2 range bow?

Nerf Luna hit to be 45

Add a couple energy rings, there are none, not counting the eliwood mode only one, the Lyn mode one, and the Mario kart bonus disc one

Lower sword wt?

Lower steel lance wt

Assassins steal.

Can you and or living the crazy life give any deeeeetails on how balance is balanced? J.C.

The question is what makes this balenced rather than balanced?

Most of the changes seem relatively minor. Growths don't really matter in the long run, especially if it's only by 5 or 10%. Plus, giving only buffs is going to just make the game easier in general, you need to be cautious.

Flyers like Fiora and Florina are so so good, given their current Con even. Even in vanilla!FE7, you can easily see how powerful they are. Their incredible speed offsets their offense by their iffy con (florina's not gonna ever be on top of hector with that teeny con that's like +1 over Nino) If you raise her con, just raise it by +1 so it's equal to her sisters'. I'd kick Fiora's speed growth by -15% and add +1 to her base but I'm evil

Lyn's niche is that instead of 15% Crit, she gets Bow access (which is a big deal yo). Giving her crit + bows would make her OP. Certainly give the Sniper class the +crit though

Giving Bartre +1 Speed to his base allows him to double all sorts of enemies even on Hard mode, and his Speed growth isn't really bad by any means. +2 is kind of overkill.

Give Rath +2 Base levels and adjust his base stats to what they'd be at that point

Also man Nino is gonna be so OP with even more buffed growths. Enemy Res in this game is pretty awful, she'll be tanking with a Thunder Tome in no time

Are you going to adjust Priscilla?

Buff Class Growths of all classes by 20% except for like HP/Def. This will make things more balanced.

Edited by Sara.

Flyers like Fiora and Florina are so so good, given their current Con even. Even in vanilla!FE7, you can easily see how powerful they are. Their incredible speed offsets their offense by their iffy con (florina's not gonna ever be on top of hector with that teeny con that's like +1 over Nino) If you raise her con, just raise it by +1 so it's equal to her sisters'. I'd kick Fiora's speed growth by -15% and add +1 to her base but I'm evil

Lyn's niche is that instead of 15% Crit, she gets Bow access (which is a big deal yo). Giving her crit + bows would make her OP. Certainly give the Sniper class the +crit though

Giving Bartre +1 Speed to his base allows him to double all sorts of enemies even on Hard mode, and his Speed growth isn't really bad by any means. +2 is kind of overkill.

Give Rath +2 Base levels and adjust his base stats to what they'd be at that point

Also man Nino is gonna be so OP with even more buffed growths. Enemy Res in this game is pretty awful, she'll be tanking with a Thunder Tome in no time

Are you going to adjust Priscilla?

Buff Class Growths of all classes by 20% except for like HP/Def. This will make things more balanced.

Was merely doing as told.

Oh, I think Loca forgot her...

Vanilla Nino is oft viewed as being not worth it, and she still has a slow start.

Of course!

Though in all seriousness, when posting a playlogue of a Romhack, a concise Changelog should be provided along with it in, so viewers know what's actually going on.

Of course!

Though in all seriousness, when posting a playlogue of a Romhack, a concise Changelog should be provided along with it in, so viewers know what's actually going on.

Yeah,that would be a good idea;ill make one when i get the prologue finished and everything…might be tomorrow,I'm not feeling too well

• 1 month later...

IM SO SORRY THIS TOOK AN ENTIRE MONTH

THINGS GOT OUT OF HAND

YChpWby.png

What a title screen Holy shit this game is over ten years old
SAHm2Xn.png
Lyndis-Kuuun~
Dlrfzcu.png
I have to make a name that Glac would also be ok with
WIjNYXF.png
BRILLIANT
I picked a random birth month as well
Also i hope Glac is ok with being MANLY
NNKmxzL.png
hmm...*checks pants* yep pretty sure im a guy.
tG4DSiX.png
CHAPTER TITLE
Uxeg2cS.png
I am now
Now lemme go back to slee-
RzvIP68.png
NEVERMIND
HELLO~
Yckootj.png
Safe and aroused
HbAx5az.png
I AM WAIFU,DESTROYER OF WORLDS
F96yaAq.png
4-Chan would like a word with you
qZXmzg7.png
I suppose it is when you exist in a series that has a guy who i affectionately refer to as Long'Queef
KtlhwSd.png
OR MAYBE I JUST LIKE FLOWY CLOTHING
HGkONYF.png
I came here to find sexy ladies
And i have succeeded
eBFNht5.png
You mean the slide whistle? Yeah that was me,sorry
wrdalIX.png
But i thought i established the source of the noise was my trousers
Oh my
gePPTL2.png
COCKBLOCKERS
Oh and they prefer to be called brigands
WRdpQrM.png
No you dont
You could stay here and find whats happening in my pants
NmBXreR.png
WE GOT A BADASS OVER HERE
3nbzitl.png
I wield
THE POWER OF BONE-
I mean Love
Yeah,thats it Love
RO8pxxg.png
We get shit pay
But we get kawaii waifus
So its an okay job
fRZ7C8k.png
You put the pointy thing inside of him and he dies Need any further explanation?
eFFApbT.png
I thought you'd never ask~
awIzXJl.png
Lyn needs to do her stretches before killing BATTA
YVvvvRL.png
Why can i not just attack him this turn
YOUVE RUINED MY TURN COUNTS GAME
tkeYt80.png
They call her Rindisu St. Waifu-Kun
0Q6HsUI.png
That implies that standing is required to kill you
uZhJGQL.png