How does one be funny?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop making as many threads.

This will make each one of your threads very special. People will look forward for them. Like, one per year sounds like a good amount

Edited by NOBODY

This will make each one of your threads very special. People will look forward for them. Like, one per year sounds like a good amount

Got it.

Your comedy is forced, I would recommend finding your own path to hilarity.

Yes I need to not force it. Probably makes it seem stupid.

This coming from a guy who almost once had the entire recent topics box filled with his threads. I distinctly remember someone making a thread to deny you that achievement.

As to how you be funny, don't know crap.

Edited by Knight

This coming from a guy who almost once had the entire recent topics box filled with his threads. I distinctly remember someone making a thread to deny you that achievement.

shhhhh

I'm recovered. I haven't created a new thread on this subforum in 2 months and counting!

Edited by NOBODY

also i dont want to say this 'cause it may seem like i'm bashing on you but you seem like the type that cares what others perceive of you. if you wish to better this perception stop making threads. i know it is not my position to say who should/shouldnt post but i feel you'd be better off if you refrain from making so many threads. you've received negative attention from most of them and it is painful to watch. you have 6 on this page already.

Edited by Richter

also i dont want to say this 'cause it may seem like i'm bashing on you but you seem like the type that cares what others perceive of you. if you wish to better this perception stop making threads. i know it is not my position to say who should/shouldnt post but i feel you'd be better off if you refrain from making so many threads. you've received negative attention from most of them and it is painful to watch. you have 6 on this page already.

Yep. I don't plan on making many threads in the future anyway.

The only point of this thread is to see what I'm doing wrong.

Edited by Lord Ike Waluigi

your name is WALUIGI for gods sake change your avatar back to waluigi and be crazier pls i mean you shouldn't even have to try :V

Fine but I'm having trouble finding a Waluigi avatar as good as this one.

Seriously I'm not funny at all. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong.

This is because you are trying way too hard. Let humor come naturally, do not force it out and learn to pick your gags. Lewd jokes dont work unless under special circumstances. (like when a post is set up for a really good lewd joke...) Dont overdo with potty humor. A lot of us dont find most juvenile things to be too hilarious. Observe how to do wry humor, cuz if you arent making me crack a smile, chances are, you aint funny. Just being random doesnt do the trick. If you want to be random, go about it in a way that comes off as more clever. Cuz all im seeing from ya is school-yard nonsense.

Just ease up a bit and observe humor more. Some people, like me, like absurdist stuff. Like this gif for example:

tumblr_lxv8pztCQp1qc3geoo1_500.gif

~weird~

but somehow amusing.

But be careful, dont rip off other funny people too hard. That just sucks and no one likes a rip off.

Dont take it too personally when people dont find a thread you make too funny. My humor can get real dry at times and i only had five replies to my latest attempt to tickle a funny bone. Its no big deal. But the bottom line: Dont try so goddamn hard.

it's ok not to be funny

This is true. But some people want to be funny or its in their nature to crave the lulz. So its fine to want to be funny.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Once a year sounds a bit much. I say anywhere from 2 weeks to a month.

I've always wanted the power to shit useless threads out of my ass

8D

EDIT: Teach me plz

Edited by PixelmanFE

A lot of us dont find most juvenile things to be too hilarious.

Just being random doesnt do the trick.

Just ease up a bit and observe humor more. Some people, like me, like absurdist stuff. Like this gif for example:

tumblr_lxv8pztCQp1qc3geoo1_500.gif

~weird~

but somehow amusing.

Im getting mixed signals here

Also I go by these words of wisdom

it's ok not to be funny

If you want examples of forced humour, try looking for my older threads in the sprites and ROM Hacking sections

I try to be funny but I make myself look like an idiot

Im getting mixed signals here

Theres random and then theres random for the sake of being random in an attempt to be hilarious. One feels much more forced than the other.

Normally if I think something is funny I'll say it or point it out because my friends and I have have the same taste in jokes. For me it comes out naturally and I'm not actively thinking "I want to be funny"

Becoming funny, you need to know irony, sarcasm and insenstivity. Those are the most prominent features I find in many comedians, but who knows.

I've been told I'm funny, but it's almost impossible to make me laugh. It all has to do with your personality.

You can still crack jokes and screw around without being funny, but that means you're more lighthearted than funny. It's a natural thing that can't really be picked up randomly.

Though if you're going to act like an idiot, you have to accept that you're an idiot. Don't pretend to do something you're not naturally good at.