What if Fire Emblem became an app?

Pikachuchu

Not like the GBA4iOS one, but the ones that require energy and special cash in order to get certain things. For example, "In order to get a Master Seal for Awakening you need atleast 10 Emblem Jewels. Oh? You don't have any? Go to your App store and buy some!!" I saw someone make a post showing what Pokemon might be like as a mobile app game, and I wondered how some would react if it were Fire Emblem that became a moblie app.

I doubt I'd play anymore. I've tried several apps like that before and they just aren't much fun, even if they have interesting gameplay ideas.

If it were free to play I'd give it a shot, but I dunno about shelling out cash only to (kind of) be forced to shell out more.

Someone made an app or something like it called "Partia" I think.

The developer even came here for a bit, seeking input (then kinda vanished afaik).

It might make for some interesting runs. Like a "no in-app purchases run" or something. Still a terrible idea, though.

Unless it was excellently executed (which is unlikely, even in this hypothetical situation), I think it would be a total disaster. Or at best a middling effort.

Well, I think it would be nice to see Fire Emblem branch out, but free to play or paid with micro-transactions isn't what I had in mind : P

Then again, Steel Diver: Sub Wars was pretty alright. So maybe a free to play Fire Emblem wouldn't be such a bad thing. Especially if they fleshed out the multiplayer.

With Fire Emblem as an app some cool things without massive in-app purchases could be done. Like, you can train your units in some chapters/ specifically-planned arena, and you can select a lot of characters. then, you can fight with other players with your team and blah blah

... ok, we'll never see a thing like this sadly, but i thing it would be cool

• 2 weeks later...

Then again, most people today have more iPhones than consoles, so...

And a lot of Japanese developers are looking at mobile as a viable option.

Belive it or not, there are ways to structure free to play that get around this and result in a good experience for even those who don't pay. However, the vast magority of free to play games take the lazy way out in an attempt to get a small percentage of the population to spend a lot. For example, would you play a free FE game that was in classic mode, but let you pay a dollar to have death not be perminant when someone died? What about one with a short (but self conained) free campaighn,, and aditional paid campaigns? I would if it was designed right.

Edited by sirmola