Owain vs Tharja. Who would you say is more popular overall?

datum378

Owain or Tharja . Who do you think is more popular?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

• Owain
    • Tharja
    • Equally Popular To Be Honest

These two are easily the most popular Awakening characters after the main cast (Chrom, MU, and Lucina) but overall who would you say is the bigger deal overall?

In my opinion although Tharja has sparked quite a bit of controversy and is very well liked by the developers (They even gave her a statue) I still feel Owain has a larger fanbase. The way he dominates polls and social media in general is just something else.

Tharja has a pretty large hatedom around her because of:

a) Her appearance

b) Her personality

c) Her actions

d) All of the above

I have yet to meet somebody who hates Owain. Do the math.

Tharja has a pretty large hatedom around her because of:

a) Her appearance

b) Her personality

c) Her actions

d) All of the above

I have yet to meet somebody who hates Owain. Do the math.

Except there are tons and tons of people that hate Owain too. Not saying he isn't more popular because there is a good chance he is, but don't deny that he doesn't have a large hatedom too.

Edited by Aplauserlol

I'd say Owain, because I can see a lot more reason to dislike Tharja. I don't see Owain abusing people, and I think it's a wonder that Tharja is popular despite what she does to Noire. Honestly, I think she's liked for the fanservice and nothing else...

I'd say Owain is more popular, because I've seen a lot of guys who love him and a lot of girls who hate Tharja.
Tharja was voted the 3rd most popular female character and Owain was voted the 2nd most popular male character in the character popularity poll in Japan.

Can someone explain what fan service Tharja offers please?

You mean other than the blatant sexual fanservice? She's a yandere who lusts after the self-insert avatar character.

I'd say both are on roughly equal grounds in terms of popularity.

Tharja: blatant fanservice with a swimsuit CG on top of that, highly ranked on character polls, yandere for Robin/Avatar

The hate: creepy with the stalking, not that good looking (she only looks good in some fanart), romantic supports not really romantic because of her fixation on Robin/Avatar

Owain: fanservice in the form of him spitting out past Fire Emblem references as well as some other games like Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and also has a yukata CG, highly ranked on character polls, Lissa's son (Lissa is a somewhat popular marriage choice for those playing as male Robin/Avatar), some funny supports (ie. w/ Inigo)

The hate: picking a dad for Owain is hard if one wants to make him somewhat usable as a physical unit, the hype that surrounds him that should have expired like a year ago or something

Edited by Roflolxp54

A lot of people hate Owain.

Whether or not it's because of hype backlash or hipsters is debatable.

A lot of very joyless people hate Owain. It makes me sad.

Can someone explain what fan service Tharja offers please?

*chortle* dude.

Dude.