PMU and Pairings

isetrh

Lunatic is giving me a headache, so I wanted to take a break with something easier. I want to do a "classic" playthrough where features new to Awakening are banned. I think I saw something like this done on this site before when I was a lurker, but I'm not sure where.

By the way, I learned my lesson from the last two times, so I will not attempt a playlog or to complete this on Lunatic.

Rules

-Hard/Classic

-No Second Seals

-No DLC/Wireless Menu

-No Barracks/Event Tiles/Anna Shops

-Chrom promotes right after the Awakening event at the end of Chapter 24, no earlier or later.

-No Skirmishes (I know they existed in SS, but this is more of a no-grind rule)

Originally I wasn't going to do pair ups either, but I'm having second thoughts. They could be considered Awakening's version of Rescue. If the poll is 60% or higher against pairing up, I won't. Never mind. I won't weight the poll. Majority rules.

Would you guys be willing to help me pick my units and pairings? I was thinking six to eight parent pairings would be good. Child pairings (A or S rank) are good too, if the kid(s) have their parents already selected. One pairing per person please.

Thank you!

Pairings:

Cordelia x Virion

Sumia x Frederick

Tharja x Kellam

Lissa x Donnel

Maribelle x Gregor

Anna x MaMU

Edited by isetrh

YES. PICK A MALE AVATAR AND MARRY CORDELIA.

Severa totally the best child. She needs the best father. Not to mention she's already goddess-like as a unit, so giving her a god-like father will only increase your appetite for Severa.

YES. PICK A MALE AVATAR AND MARRY CORDELIA.

Severa totally the best child. She needs the best father. Not to mention she's already goddess-like as a unit, so giving her a god-like father will only increase your appetite for Severa.

Cordelia seems to be taken, unless LEGEND means the Avatar. Which it might. I have no idea.

Awww. Fine. Can I choose the class too? Falcoknight.

Sumia x Frederick. Not trying to ruin you, I actually like this pairing. Gives Cynthia that nice brown hair. Though I heard Sumia x Frederick is bad, I'm actually not to sure myself as I don't do incredibly hard runs and Apotheosis.

I think Frederick!Cynthia is mostly considered bad for postgame because Sumia has a -2 Strength mod with free Sage and Dark Flier, making her better for magic. Ingame Frederick seems like the best choice to me if she isn't Chrom's wife. I haven't looked at the numbers, but in my experience (which I know means nothing) Sumia and Cynthia are best physical ingame. I'm more worried about how I will get Virion to support anyone without pairing up...

Anyone care to give me a Lissa pairing so I can get Cynthia before lategame?

Sumia x Frederick. Not trying to ruin you, I actually like this pairing. Gives Cynthia that nice brown hair. Though I heard Sumia x Frederick is bad, I'm actually not to sure myself as I don't do incredibly hard runs and Apotheosis.

Yeah, it's mostly considered bad because Cynthia's growths and mods get messed up. Ingame though it's very potent and one of the best ways to both make Sumia useful right off the bat and keep Frederick relevant past Cht.6.

Anyone care to give me a Lissa pairing so I can get Cynthia before lategame?

?

Lissa x Donnel.

It seems like no one else wants to pick a pairing, so would people who have already picked be willing to choose Avatar's and Chrom's pairing(s)? Someone here must have a waifu/husbando (that hasn't already been taken).

Edited by isetrh