Mistakes or errors on the site 2

VincentASM

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Fire Emblem Gaiden, I'd like to reiterate an error that was previously mentioned by Forceman.

In Fire Emblem Gaiden, the Nosferatu (aka Resire) spell is classified as Black Magic. If you want to cast Nosferatu, you have to select the Black Magic option. 1, 2

Despite this, the spell is situated on the White Magic page, when it should really belong on the Black Magic page.

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't really an error per se, but on the FE7 (I hate it when games are named identically to the series) sound room page, "A Knight's Oath" is mentioned as being from Mystery of the Emblem rather than Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light (or as you guys like to call it, Dark Dragon and Sword of Light).

• 3 weeks later...

While I was in Purgatory, I looked at the Moderating Team page and under... Nightmare, or Starman, I think, it said 'View all 2 forums...'. I clicked it, and it showed Purgatory and a blank space. Click on the blank space and it takes you to the FE:if board and the topics can be clicked on and viewed. I assume that the person in Purgatory isn't supposed to be able to view threads?

Unless that was on purpose, probably so that the person can see all the new stuff going on, then just ignore this.

• 2 weeks later...

I was reading Cyrus's description on the Fire Emblem if characters page, and this sentence was off:

"In one screenshot, he’s teaming up with the Avatar is defeat a Clan Soldier."

(No doubt an honest mistake from going back and editing the sentence, as I myself do all the time.)

According to the FE1 base stats page Astram has 3 base luck.

But since Astram starts off as an enemy character, shouldn't he have - base luck?

Also, in the Shadow Dragon name chart the romaji for スターロン (Sternlin) are given as 'Stāron', while it should technically be 'Sutāron'.

In the column below, the romaji for 'カミュ' (Camus) are given as 'Kamu', while it should technically be 'Kamyu'.

Edited by Hattusili I

Nils' base stats when he rejoins you in the main story are listed as "Same as Ninian" except for Con and Move, which are 3 and 5 respectively, at <http://serenesforest.net/blazing-sword/characters/base-stats/>.

However, if you used the Body Ring and/or Boots on Ninian, the corresponding bonus(es) to Con and/or Move will also apply to Nils. I therefore suggest adding a footnote to Nils' Con and Move stats between Vaida and Karla, to that effect.

For example, if you use the Body Ring on Ninian, her Con will increase to 4+2; and when Nils replaces her, his Con will be 3+2.

(I know that there are two Body Rings in the game, but Ninian leaves your party before you get the second one, so I'm not counting the second one)

Edited by Paper Jam

Reposted from the awakening forum, sorry, I didn't realize this thread existed:

Hey, I noticed an error on this page:

http://old.serenesforest.net/fe13/children.html

"The children inherit the last active Skill from each of their parents. This can include Skills from gender-specific classes (except Special Dance), so you can have Demoiselle on male children. Chrom's children are exceptions--his daughter(s) will always learn Aether and his son will always inherit Rightful King (even if Chrom hasn't learnt either Skill). Skill inheritance occurs at the moment you enter the mission required to recruit the child, so you've got plenty of time to play around with the parents' Skills."

This actually isn't true. It happens when they're added to the map, which is the exact same thing in every child's case ''except'' for Laurent. During my current no-grind run of the game, I had Libra, Laurent's father, just about to reach level 15 war cleric, and I was thinking "Shoot, Renewal would be really useful to have on Libra, but I can't afford to wait another level to recruit Laurent. Oh well. Wait..."

And then I used a rescue staff on olivia, had her dance, and either healed her if she gained HP in the resulting level up or rescued somebody else again if not. Libra leveled up, I recruited Laurent, and lo and behold, he had Renewal.

Just a small error I thought I'd try to bring attention to the people running the site.

So, I don't know if this issue has been brought up since I didn't have time to read all 10 pages of this topic.

Today I have been spending some time calculating some average stats for Awakening Characters without factoring in Second Seals and such (for the most part). I went to calculate stats for Owain as a Dread Fighter and discovered the Growths for him as a Dread Fighter didn't exist. So I decided to calculate them myself. After doing that I compared the stats I got to Owain as a Myrmidon to make sure I had the correct base growths.

What I calculated didn't match the page at all, and upon further research, it doesn't look like the growths of the children are calculated correctly when taking into account the Avatar's Asset/Flaw. It seems to be changing the growth by the full amount of the asset/flaw instead of just a third of it, like it should be (unless this is how it should be, though that doesn't make sense to me).

What the site shows for Owain having the Avatar as a father with Def as Asset and Luck as Flaw followed by what I calculated by hand:

HP, Str, Mag, Skl, Spd, Luck, Def, Res

80, 50, 28, 61, 60, 51, 45, 38

80, 53, 31, 61, 60, 55, 35, 35

The five stats that are off are the ones affected by the Asset and Flaw.

Shouldn't be too hard to fix if it is wrong I hope.

On http://serenesforest.net/awakening/characters/growth-rates/full/ , child character growth rate calculations aren't consistent between the Morgan characters and the non-Morgan characters. For example, based on the neutral listing for the Avatar, Avatar!Lucina is listed as 83% in HP in her default Lord class, while Chrom!Morgan is listed as 81% in his default Tactician class (these default classes are the ones used through the rest of this post). Setting an HP flaw correctly drops Avatar!Lucina to 63% in HP (and likewise 113% with an HP asset instead), but Chrom!Morgan is wrongly shown to only drop to 73% (it should be 61%; with an HP asset instead, Chrom!Morgan's HP value is wrongly shown as 90% instead of the correct 111%). People are going to get misled by this inconsistency. Is it possible to fix the growth rate calculations on the Morgans so that they correctly follow the lead of the non-Morgans? Thanks.post-12925-0-74404800-1433259525_thumb.png

(Trust me, this is going to make the task of completing the stat pages for the Morgans on the wiki--similar in vein to http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Lucina/Stats --even tougher than I thought it was going to be. And I thought updating Lucina's page to the correct growths, in line to the correct stats on this site, as well as all the Asset/Flaw, Dread Fighter, and Bride updates to all of the at-the-time existing child stat pages was a tough task...)

Edited by shiningpikablu252

Thanks.

I should have fixed the growth calculations now.

If you notice errors still, let me know ^^

All the children should run off the Avatar's Asset/3 and Flaw/3 if their parent is the Avatar now.

TBH, I'm not sure if it should be x/1 or x/3. Maybe I should check one day.

Thanks.

I should have fixed the growth calculations now.

If you notice errors still, let me know ^^

All the children should run off the Avatar's Asset/3 and Flaw/3 if their parent is the Avatar now.

TBH, I'm not sure if it should be x/1 or x/3. Maybe I should check one day.

I believe it should be x/3 since the avatar contributes 1/3 of the growths of the children. Makes logical sense anyway. Haha.

That's what I deduced, but it could go either way, depending on how the growth rates are calculated.

If it's x/1, that has a lot of implications for Gen 3 Morgan.

I suppose, if I had time, I could use the "borderline" growths like ~90 with x/3 and ~110 with x/1 to check if its x/1 and x/3.

I suppose, if I had time, I could use the "borderline" growths like ~90 with x/3 and ~110 with x/1 to check if its x/1 and x/3.

Well, somebody's going to need to test it, the sooner the better. I really can't get work on the wiki stat pages for the Morgans done without confirmation one way or the other (and if it is indeed x/3, then I'm going to have to go back and fix the wiki stat pages of the other children, as they're currently using x/1 calculations). Can't really attempt the test myself, since I don't have any marrigable HP-asset or HP-flaw Avatars around (file 1 is my main file, and its male Avatar is married to Lissa and is Magic-asset Strength-flaw in any event; file 2 is empty and it would take me too much time to set up a test; file 3 is a file I'm currently using to grind the female Avatar's supports, and that Avatar has Strength-asset Magic-flaw, and Chrom is married to Maribelle in any event)...

Edited by shiningpikablu252

There's also: "She can been seen aiding the Avatar in two battle scenes–including one where she shields him from an enemy attack."

The one being shielded was actually Cyrus.

While in search of something completely unrelated, I found the following (here):

However, Suzukaze himself doesn’t follow a particular liege, simple the castle itself.

That should by "simply the castle itself".