Mistakes or errors on the site 2

VincentASM

6 hours ago, Johnrevenge said:

https://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php?title=Category:FETCG&pageuntil=Gordin+(Cipher)#mw-pages

The YellowCard and ColorlessCard categories haven't been added into the subcategory of FETCG (I'm sorry if this sounds ridiculous for some people, but I think it's important to add them as the rest of color cards have the category of FETCG) 

Thanks for reading, and I'm so sorry for bothering with this as I wasn't sure if this was the right place to report this (I could have tried to edit this, but for some reason I can't sing up an account in the wiki 😞  so again sorry for the troubles)

You're not the only one who's used this thread to report issues over on the wiki.  Granted, not every issue there I've reported here has been addressed...

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know where to post this but this seemed to be the best place. For some reason every single thread in the Three Houses board became "read" for me this morning, including those I've never been to. I know I didn't press the "mark all as read" button because I never got the warning notification that you get when pressing that button. Could someone on the admin team fix this for me please?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Terrain data for FE1 has an error on it.

https://serenesforest.net/dark-dragon-and-sword-of-light/classes/terrain-data/

It says that only mages enjoy fast movement on sand, not clerics or priests (or whatever promoted mages/clerics are called). Specifically, it says, wrongly, that priests take 2 movement to cross sand. At first I thought this was just some early-game weirdness that made mages lose their sand-walking ability upon promotion, but no, Wendell can walk on the desert just fine.

Edited by Alastor15243

For Three Houses,  in the classes section you mention  (Gauntlets cannot be used while riding and magic is limited to select classes).

It should also be mentioned that Gauntlets also cannot be used by Magic classes.    I believe the only exception is Mortal Savant and that’s because I believe that’s treated as a warrior class that just happens to use magic

In the Three Houses section:

• Scythe of Sariel
    Spoiler

isn't Death Knight only, can be obtained by beating Death Knight with Caspar during his and Mercedes' paralogue

• In the Class-Change section it states that gauntlets cannot be used by mounted classes, which is partially true but could be clarified to state that they are usable when dismounted, even if as a mounted class
  • It can be clarified that some Combat Arts listed in the Class Abilities and Arts section are only usable in the class it was unlocked as, such as Assassinate (Assassin), Hunter's Volley (Sniper), Astra (Swordsmaster) and more, but do not have to be equipped nor take up a space as a combat art, unlike others learnt by class mastery such as Triangle Attack.
  • In the Abilities section, it can be noted that Canto only works if mounted, even if you have the skill (e.g. If you're a pegasus knight that has dismounted, Canto won't activate even though you have the skill). Furthermore, Steal currently says it can be used to steal "a non-weapon item" whereas it can be used to steal as many items as the enemy has/you have space for in one turn, so could be ammended to "one or more non-weapon items"
  • Also in the Abilities section, Murderous Intent should be stated to be the Death Knight's personal. Furthermore Sword Avoid +20 should be said to be learned by the winner of the White Heron Cup (Dance Contest). Also the Ancient Dragon skills are missing their icons (but they're at the bottom of the page)

I'm not sure if there's anywhere better, but here's one of the missing icon matches:

big-icon_191-75x75.png

This skill icon belongs to Surging Light.

Spoiler

It's one of Berserk Rhea's abilities once she gets her Real Crest Stone of Seiros a few turns in.

It shames me to admit I don't actually know which Dragonskin icon is Ancient Dragonskin's and what the other one is used for.

I just played Gaiden a little while ago, and, at least when it comes to physical attacks, I can confirm that the formula for effective damage listed on the site is wrong.

The site says it's (Strength + Weapon’s Might) x Effective bonus. That would mean that if you have 10 attack, with an effective weapon that has 5 might, and the enemy has 5 defense, you'd do ((10+5) x 3)-5 damage, which would be 40 damage. But in reality the formula is the same as it's been in every game, with the effective weapon's might being tripled and then added to strength, meaning you really do 20 damage.

I haven't been able to confirm if it's the same for magic though.

This isn't really an error per se but I figured this would be the best place to put this: I just discovered that in regards to Three Houses recruitment,

Spoiler

After chapter 11 on black eagles if you are going down the Silver Snow route, Shamir will join you automatically if you haven't already recruited her.

I'd recommend adding an annotation similar to the ones on characters such as Seteth and Catherine.

Three Houses > Miscellaneous > Abilities

Incorrectly states that Bowbreaker and Tomebreaker are acquired at skill B for Reason and Brawling, respectively. I believe this should be Class Mastered: Warlock and Grappler, respectively, as seen on your Three Houses > Classes > Class Abilities & Arts page. 

Three Houses > Recruitment > Automatically Recruiting with B Supports -> Show Hidden

" This method also does not work for Caspar or Ferdinand, as you can only reach B support with them during Part 2 (unless you unlock an existing B support via New Game+). "

Leonie should be added to this too, as the same applies to her.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2019 at 10:27 AM, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

I'm trying to edit this topic's first post:

But I got the Capatcha... and when I cleared it... my edit wasn't saved. This has happened twice! Can you please fix it?

Me and another dear member here have encountered the same issue just now. I just wanted to update my signature, my friend wanted to post a new topic. The captcha comes, there is only a box to check, and then we get thrown back to the beginning, our changes/work not being saved. We would truly appreciate it if this issue can be solved! Thank you so much for all your time and effort in advance!

two things, first the images on the PoR support calculation page (the one you get to by clicking the link on the supports page) are all busted and just weird blobby things instead of the actual icons.

Second I'm like 99% sure that in 3H the grade of bait you use has an effect on what fish shadows you get, at least when it comes to Fodlandy. I've easily fished a few thousand times and can't even remember for sure if they've ever appeared below 5 star bait. Goddess Messenger probably works the same but going after that fish is a huge waste of time so I don't have a very large sample size.

Also as fun trivia you might want to add that there is a cap of 99 of each specific fish and once you reach that the game automatically sells any additional fish of that type you catch for you.

• 2 weeks later...

In the section for Greenhouse calculations for Three Houses I believe there is an error. For calculating the value of "B" you have " ( combined Grade of all seeds / 5 ) x 4, rounded down ". However I believe that it should just be a regular rounding function, not a round down function. For example you have listed that Boa-fruit seeds x2 + Red Flower seeds x2 + Cultivation tier 5  should get you yield 3. However if you assume the value of "B" is to be rounded down than the total calculation would only be 80, not enough for yield 3. There are other discrepancies like this such as Blue Flower x3 + Yellow Flower x1 + Cultivation tier 4. I believe they can all be explained if you assume that "B" is supposed to be rounded to the nearest integer.

Edit: Upon further investigation it seems my explanation is insufficient to explain why certain calculations don't match up with the yield indicator. For example if rounding to the nearest integer was correct than Nordsalt x4 should produce yield 3 with no cultivation but this is not the case. It seems there is something going on in determining yield beyond what the formula on the site would indicate.

Edited by Mark A

I am here to bring up some blatant linking errors on the Fire Emblem Cipher booster series 18 page that could use fixing:

• B18-078HN and B18-079N:  Both link to "Franz (Fates)".  I'm pretty sure there's only one Franz in the franchise to date, and he's not in Fates...
  • B18-091HN:  Links to "Marisa (Male)".  I'm pretty sure Marisa only comes in a singular, female variation...
  • B18-092HN and B18-093N:  Both link to "Gerik (Male)".  I'm pretty sure there's no female Gerik anywhere to be found...

(The linking to "Hilda (Fódlan)" technically isn't a blatant linking error, even though "Hilda (Jugdral)" has not yet joined Cipher yet.)

I could go into a flurry of complaints about how information about Fire Emblem Cipher booster series 18 and the other parts of its associated era is flowing slower than the fanbase would appreciate, but this isn't the time or place to be doing so...

EDIT:  It's been taken care of.

Edited by shiningpikablu252