Mistakes or errors on the site 2

VincentASM

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I started messing around with FE4 again recently and looked in to the unused sword skills a little more (they got no names in-game, but fans, and the site, call them "holy sword" and "darkness sword"). I did some tests and the activation rate is the same as the other sword skills, that being whatever your skill is (I made a character's skill 100 and they activated 100% of the time, 50 skill and it was ~50% of the time, etc.). The description for the holy one is *slightly* off while the description for the dark one is completely off. They holy one adds +20 _attack_, not +20 _damage_. This results in it giving +40 damage when critical hits activate (as the +20 is applied before the critical x2). In addition, unlike while attacking, the defensive side is always -20 damage, critical hit or not. The dark one is not a damage multiplier, but actually an exact clone of the holy one (+20 attack and -20 damage taken), the only difference between the two is the color of the graphics. The description of both should read something like "Increases attack by 20 and lowers damage taken by 20."

I know the skills are unused, but if the site is going to list them as it does, I figured the info should be correct still. If proof is needed I can upload a video.

Edit: Also they do not activate with other sword skills and unlike Sol and Luna can miss.

Edited by Camus The Dark Knight

yeah confirmed it's fucked. this is gonna take a really low priority unfortunately thanks to the complexity of the fix and other things ongoing behind the scenes, but the issue is noted.

"However, he does not have a name, portrait or animations so he wouldn’t be able to appear in-game properly."

This is qouted from the Shadows of Valentia unused content page. It's a really minor gripe, but Shizas actually does have a name (Albiet Blank.), A Portrait (Using the unused Missing Character portrait, not the Rinea one.), and he can appear in game perfectly fine. I've attached an image of him in my party, and in combat he uses the Generic Gold Knight head. However, Both his Portrait ID and Head Model are simply *missing* files. Yeah, minor as hell.

C1gRgy7.png

57 minutes ago, Oersted_LAL said:

"However, he does not have a name, portrait or animations so he wouldn’t be able to appear in-game properly."

This is qouted from the Shadows of Valentia unused content page. It's a really minor gripe, but Shizas actually does have a name (Albiet Blank.), A Portrait (Using the unused Missing Character portrait, not the Rinea one.), and he can appear in game perfectly fine. I've attached an image of him in my party, and in combat he uses the Generic Gold Knight head. However, Both his Portrait ID and Head Model are simply *missing* files. Yeah, minor as hell.

C1gRgy7.png

What do you mean by he has a name but it's blank? Like there's no description attached to it?

On 11/27/2020 at 11:21 PM, Oersted_LAL said:

C1gRgy7.png

Wait, did you hacked the game by yourself to find every data about Shizas's or did you found this screenshot from an another website has this info about Shizas?

Edited by King Marth 64

19 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Wait, did you hacked the game by yourself to find every data about Shizas's or did you found this screenshot from an another website has this info about Shizas?

Found it myself, Shizas is in a pretty obvious spot in the game's Person.bin after all. Yeah, it's my screenshot, I took it a while back

I did a not smart and scrolled straight past this topic to post about the error, but since this is the main place for errors, I'll say it again.

The Lances tab in the Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light page links to Gaiden's Lances instead of its own.

3 minutes ago, Eliweed said:

I did a not smart and scrolled straight past this topic to post about the error, but since this is the main place for errors, I'll say it again.

The Lances tab in the Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light page links to Gaiden's Lances instead of its own.

odd, it doesn't for me. hovering the link points me to (https://serenesforest.net/shadow-dragon-and-blade-of-light/inventory/lances/), and clicking it takes me there too. what browser/device are you looking from?

EDIT: also i ghosted your thread since we're here now just so you don't go looking for it

Edited by Integrity

9 minutes ago, Integrity said:

odd, it doesn't for me. hovering the link points me to (https://serenesforest.net/shadow-dragon-and-blade-of-light/inventory/lances/), and clicking it takes me there too. what browser/device are you looking from?

EDIT: also i ghosted your thread since we're here now just so you don't go looking for it

Looks like its fixed now. I was/still am on my Samsung tablet. I was just flipping through the tabs because I wanted to see the stats on the weapons when I clicked on Lances and saw 0 might Lance and a note at the top that said Falcon Knights had default Lance stats when facing a monster regardless of weapon, and looking up to see "Serenes Forest > Gaiden > Lances". (Everything else linked correctly) Guess its all fine now since it no longer does that. 

very strange! either balcerzak fixed it in the like two minutes between you posting your thread and me checking, in which case he's an absolute legend, or something just hiccuped.

irregardless, thanks for bringing it to our attention

Tiny nitpick, but on Gonzales' Average stats page, (When you're selecting which route/difficulty you're on) it says Route BB as opposed to Route B. (There was also another glitch in the FE6 average stats page, but I can't check right now, so I'll find that one later today.)

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/characters/budding-talents/

Just a little typo.

In the budding talents page of three houses it mentions that Ashe has a budding talent in lances and learn Shatter Smash. Acording to the Combat Arts page there is Smash (an Axe combat art) and Shatter Slash (a Lance combat art). Never used lances with Ashe so could not confirm but it seems like the budding talent should be Shatter Slash.

Amazing website by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

https://serenesforest.net/shadow-dragon-and-blade-of-light/inventory/lances/

The Ridersbane is listed here as being effective against Cavaliers and Paladins, but in my experience it's only effective against Cavaliers. It's that way in the localized Switch version, anyway.

32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

https://serenesforest.net/shadow-dragon-and-blade-of-light/characters/recruitment/

On the recruitment page for fe1, it says that Wendell can be talked to by either Marth or Merric. Marty couldn’t talk to Wendell when I tried to recruit him, only Merric.

I believe Wendell will auto-recruit by talking to Marth, but Marth can't actively talk to Wendell. Probably should still be clarified, but Marth can recruit him.

5 minutes ago, Ducky520 said:

I believe Wendell will auto-recruit by talking to Marth, but Marth can't actively talk to Wendell. Probably should still be clarified, but Marth can recruit him.

It just says talk with Marth, which is also how it is phrased when you actually have anyone use the talk command. So I think it should be clarified.