Mistakes or errors on the site 2

VincentASM

http://serenesforest.net/thracia-776/classes/mounting-gains/

The mounting gains for Lance Knight/Duke Knight/Axe Knight/Great Knight/Cavalier/male Paladin/Arch Knight/Bow Knight/Pegasus Rider/Pegasus Knight is +1 Str/+1 Skl/+2 Spd/+1 Def/+3 Mov, not +1 Str/+1 Skl/+1 Spd/+2 Def/+3 Mov

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://serenesforest.net/2018/12/13/heroes-decemberjanuary-calendar-released-new-power-banners/#more-48591

The Grand Conquests 10 starting date was translated incorrectly in the article text.  Unlike with the November calendar, in which the English release only did date shifting to correspond to their misguided use of PST and got the PST opening rundate for Grand Conquests 9 wrong (compare the English Nov/Dec calendar to the Japanese or Chinese counterpart, the latter two of which keep the correct dates as used by the vast majority of the fandom)--keep in mind that Grand Conquest begins four hours after the daily reset (which would translate to 11:00 AM UTC, 3:00 AM PST on the same calendar date)--the December English calendar itself actually correctly translates the Grand Conquests 10 start date (compare the English Dec/Jan calendar to the Japanese or Chinese counterpart)--but as the article text assumes the date-shift-only practice was carried out on the English calendar like it was in November, the article text got the Grand Conquests 10 start date wrong.  A quick comparison between the English and Japanese/Chinese Dec/Jan calendars will show that Grand Conquests 10 should be listed as beginning on December 26--and thus occupy the currently non-existent fourth line under "20th-26th December" by itself...

(And yes, I agree that the English calendars sticking to Pacific Time is clearly a misguided move based on the time differences.  Especially given that Pacific Time plays second-fiddle to UTC in the English reveal trailers...)

Edited by shiningpikablu252

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t know if this is the correct place to post but, I’m having an issue accessing the site using my wi-fi connection, keeps saying that my IP address is banned

I’m only able to post due to using a different internet connection, but it’s already the third time it has happened

• 2 weeks later...

First I'd like to say that I love your site and have used it for years. In general the information is accurate and insightful. You rock :)

I'm playing FE9 Maniac Mode for the first time, and I noticed that the experience formula didn't quite line up for me. Level 13 Soren killed Level 3 Halberdier boss. Formula indicated he would get 65 exp, but he only got 55. Just thought I would toss this out there and see if anyone knew why. I'll try to keep an eye on it as I progress and see if there are any Maniac Mode adjustments to make things line up.

Thanks!

https://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/File:P04-001.png

The depicted card is actually P04-002PR, a depiction of Micaiah.  The actual P04-001PR is a depiction of Roy, and a file for that card is actually available, as is a correctly-hinted card file for the P04-002PR Micaiah depiction, meaning the best course of action is to delete the file that's incorrectly used on Roy's page...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://serenesforest.net/thracia-776/scripts/script-translation/chapter-14-open-fire/

The On the World Map section is not in Chapter 14 (since it has no world map intro). That entire portion of text should go after the line in Ch13:

"After Leaf led the Liberation Army out of the forest, the stronghold city of Tahra stood before him at last…"

This is a mistake that goes all the way to the JP script dump that FireLizard used for their translation.

Source: The JP rom.

On 1/10/2019 at 4:21 PM, AndrewB said:

First I'd like to say that I love your site and have used it for years. In general the information is accurate and insightful. You rock :)

I'm playing FE9 Maniac Mode for the first time, and I noticed that the experience formula didn't quite line up for me. Level 13 Soren killed Level 3 Halberdier boss. Formula indicated he would get 65 exp, but he only got 55. Just thought I would toss this out there and see if anyone knew why. I'll try to keep an eye on it as I progress and see if there are any Maniac Mode adjustments to make things line up.

Thanks!

Apparently boss bonus is reduced to 20 on Maniac Mode.

Hello, I am new to the site and was looking up information on Fire Emblem games when I found that character information was missing at the bottom of the Shadows of Valentia page. https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia/characters/  I do not know if you plan on adding information or because the game is a few years old it is a moot point.

Screenshot (12).png

• 3 months later...

My profile's been glitched a bit.

There was a 505 error that I had earlier, when I managed to get in again, I was coincidentally logged out. But when I logged back in, my theme had changed from my usual "Blue Sky" theme to the default. This wasn't the only problem, because my member badge had also reverted to the default (left):
image.png.ed512bd22c17b2ecdf0e5cc83fcd7623.pngimage.png.6df1c68362697834be7c3737e169d78d.png

I went to restore my profile, but it still had what I usually had in the data (right). But I came back again and my member badge was STILL on the default.
But now that I've come here, EVERYONE'S badges appear to be on the default!
image.png.c29dcccec1390044d3a7552636d2a54f.pngimage.png.e1f658c5a8745b16b0e27297272d26fb.pngunknown.png
I've had to upload some items through Discord because file size limits... and the size limit is a random number - 174.08kB... which is kinda worrying (shouldn't it be a tidy number like 200 or 250kb...?)
unknown.png
But I don't quite think that is related...

Just what is going on here?

UPDATE: The file size limit was because my attachment cache was completely used up. I've freed up some space by removing attachments and reposting them through my Discord image server. Please, ignore the file size limit thing. It's all sorted!

Edited by WeAreNewcastle1053
One error has already been addressed.

I am having the same problem as the poster directly above me. The server maintenance yesterday must've reset everyone's themes to the default theme, but that can be fixed by just scrolling to the bottom of the screen and changing the theme back to whatever we used previously (in my case, I was also using the Blue Sky one).

However, it seems that all regular members have had their member badges permanently reset. I tried to change mine back from my profile, but nothing happens. It appears that this is only an issue for members without powers, that is, non-staff members. Moderators, admins, etc. (from what I've been seeing) have not been affected. I thought the member badges were a really cool feature and I hope they stay, but for now, this issue is unresolved.

12 hours ago, Tragonight said:

However, it seems that all regular members have had their member badges permanently reset. I tried to change mine back from my profile, but nothing happens. It appears that this is only an issue for members without powers, that is, non-staff members. Moderators, admins, etc. (from what I've been seeing) have not been affected. I thought the member badges were a really cool feature and I hope they stay, but for now, this issue is unresolved.

Hey, they've been restored now. It was just a temporary problem which affected the display of the badges. But I can see the badges now. That's the main thing.

We migrated to a different server for the forums and also did an upgrade. The server migration is the reason for any connectivity issues and the upgrade broke a number of things in our skins. Among those were the member badges. Those also had been implemented in a way that was hard to maintain in the long term, so I took the opportunity to rewrite the code for them, since it had needed to be fixed to make them work again anyhow.

Things may be a bit slow in the near term future, too, because the upgrade means that we have to rebuild some indices and caches.

Both of these pages have the same error on them, with the statement "They can support each other, and you cannot perform a Critical Hit or Evade with one Claude for the other, just to clear things up.".  Last I checked, neither of these characters were named Claude in any language; perhaps somebody prioritizing a Genealogy fan translation patch as far as "Claud" (official NoJ romanization and CYL polls) vs. "Claude" (fan translation patches) goes to relate opposite the Three Heroes Claude wrote a note involving the "Claudes" and carelessly forgot to change it for the Arthurs?

I came across this while documenting the inconsistent character Cipher card epithets both Serenes Forest-side and over at Fire Emblem Wiki (a very early in-progress project as of this writing, the B02/S03/S04/P02 era should be going up tonight); it's a companion project to one that documented inconsistent illustrators in the exact same fashion (complete as far as what's currently on the Japanese Cipher site)...

• 2 weeks later...

https://serenesforest.net/radiant-dawn/general/chapter-guide/part-3/

For Chapter 13 it says that the victory condition is to Protect the line for 12 turns. While this is correct, it doesn't mention that there is an alternate victory condition to this chapter, namely Defeat Boss (which is Ike in this particular case).

Uh I don't know if this qualifies as necroposting since the topic is literally on the main page but... I noticed in the Item locations section in Blazing Sword that there is no mention of Light Runes whatsoever. 

I don't know why that is but it is a thing.

https://serenesforest.net/music/new-mystery-of-the-emblem-game-rip/

The rip for the song "Before Battle" actually cuts off around 33 seconds short. I assume this might be like this in some official material somewhere, as I have seen this song cut off at the same spot in multiple sources on the internet. Unfortunately: I cannot find a rip of the full song, but there's an extended version of it here:

As you can see, one full loop of the song ends at around 3:11, while the song on the site ends at 2:38. It's just like, a really odd place to cut it.

Edited by Jonahtron
grammar

I noticed that Lonato (I think that's how its spelled, Ashe's adopted dad) was never added to character list for 3 houses.

Also not as big of a deal, but Anna is still using the watermarked twitter icon, and not the one that was released with the recent famitsu article

• 2 weeks later...

https://serenesforest.net/general/true-hit/

However, in the other games, 2 RNs are used. The RNs are averaged, and if the averaged value is lower than the Hit value, the attack will hit.

For example:

The mathematics can get horrendous, so I’ll take the extreme case of a Hit value of 1.

To miss, the averaged value of the 2 RNs must be lower than 1.

Shouldn't the last line read "To hit, the average value of the 2 RNs must be lower than 1"?

https://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php?title=Category:FETCG&pageuntil=Gordin+(Cipher)#mw-pages

The YellowCard and ColorlessCard categories haven't been added into the subcategory of FETCG (I'm sorry if this sounds ridiculous for some people, but I think it's important to add them as the rest of color cards have the category of FETCG) 

Thanks for reading, and I'm so sorry for bothering with this as I wasn't sure if this was the right place to report this (I could have tried to edit this, but for some reason I can't sing up an account in the wiki 😞  so again sorry for the troubles)

Edited by Johnrevenge