Mistakes or errors on the site 2

VincentASM

Thanks! I've fixed FE7, FE8 and FE9 now. Don't have time (it's past midnight) to check for any outlier pages.

I assume the URLs were changed to make it easier to jump between games.

For now, I think I'll stick with "Game Script" for officially localised games and "Translation Script" for fan-translated ones. Everything before FE6 still use "Script Translation" though, but changing them isn't high priority right now.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I know this isn't an error, but shouldn't FE1 be called "Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light"? It was called that in SSBB. Even if you don't want to go by Brawl since SSB isn't consistent with names (Sword of Seals vs Binding Blade), at the end of Shadow Dragon, it does translate 'Dark' as 'Shadow' and 'Sword' to 'Blade'.

(I'll put it in a spoiler tag just in case)

“So concludes the tale of Falchion, blade of light; Marth, its wielder; and his battle with the Shadow Dragon. Herein its events have been chronicled, that none may ever forget.”

Plus throughout FE11 "dark" is replaced by "shadow" many times (ex War of Darkness -> War of Shadows)

Edited by joesteve1914

honestly i completely understand leaving it be; as it stands it's a lot easier to have the site talk about "dark dragon" and "shadow dragon" as separate games, compared to having to constantly specify which shadow dragon you're talking about at any given time

I could call them "Shadow Dragon (NES)" and "Shadow Dragon (DS)" or something.

IIRC, the Iwata Asks just translates the title to "Shadow Dragon" like the DS version. Whereas using the SSBB title doesn't really fit well with me, since it's hardly an elegant improvement.

EDIT:

I fixed a few more things, but my schedule has been super-packed lately, so I've still got a backlog. In less than 12 hours I'll be running off to London for a week.

Edited by VincentASM

I also don't like the SSBB title (it's pretty clear there is only one Shadow Dragon).

FE1 is called "暗黒竜と光の剣" in Japanese, and FE11 is called "新・暗黒竜と光の剣". The only difference is the addition of the word "新" ("new") in the FE11 title. Unfortunately the localization team didn't think it was necessary to include "new", which makes the job of translating the FE1 title, while keeping it distinct from the FE11 title, harder. Perhaps we could "fix" this by adding "old" to the FE1 title?

A few errors I've found:

1) Awakening's Class Changing page has a broken link in the Reclassing section. The URL given is this one which redirects you to the site map. I was able to find the correct page here; the only difference is "characters" versus "classes" in the URL.

2) There's also a small error on the Class Sets page:

Special classes: Villager, Dancer, Taguel, Manfchildrenakete, Lodestar, Conqueror, Dread Fighter, Bride

There's a "children" in the middle of "Manakete". And it's really not safe for Children to play there.

http://serenesforest.net/awakening/miscellaneous/item-locations/items/

The items location page above lists chapter 10 as having two Seraph Robes from enemy loot. I'm fairly confident this is incorrect IIRC the thieves drop a Bullion (M), a Master Seal, a Wyrmslayer and a Seraph Robe, and the boss drops a Beaststone. I don't think any other items are dropped on this chapter.

FE9 Sothe's average stats only has one page. The old serenes had 2 pages, one for his average stats in fixed mode and one for his average stats in random mode (these are higher because blossom is better in random mode)

Edited by Sikker

I could call them "Shadow Dragon (NES)" and "Shadow Dragon (DS)" or something.

IIRC, the Iwata Asks just translates the title to "Shadow Dragon" like the DS version. Whereas using the SSBB title doesn't really fit well with me, since it's hardly an elegant improvement.

EDIT:

I fixed a few more things, but my schedule has been super-packed lately, so I've still got a backlog. In less than 12 hours I'll be running off to London for a week.

Personally, I think Dark Dragon vs. Shadow Dragon is a good way to distinguish the two titles in English. It's a little late in the life of the fandom to be going back and changing it now, anyhow. lol

Not sure if it's been mentioned but on awakening a few of the complete modifiesrs aren't working.

Ricken's stat total isn't registering with Laurent.

Yen'Fay's modifiers show up on the drop down list but do not change on the side bar grid thing.

Nothing huge but hey it's something.

All of the links to pictures in the genealogy section of the "prerelease changes" page are bad (and link to the site map). This does not seem to affect any other game