Anyone still want to discuss RD?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How so? I thought he was actually one of the best...

I thought it was Kurth. Not sure if he counts or not, but...

i don't count kurth cause he doesn't start out super powerful, but out of the four royals the lion king is the weakest overall.

Tibarn:awesome evade, attack, defensive, can fly and has canto, has a skill the negates damage on him.

Naesala: best evade, pretty good attack but not the best, can fly and has canto.

Nailah: has very nice evade, most likely second behind naesala out of the royals, better attack then him too, though she's grounded, her speed allows her to dodge better.

Caineghis: strongest of them and has the highest defense, however most of the the actual trouble in end game is magic based, combinded with his low speed and magic defense, he's nowhere near as useful as the other three, not to mention he's grounded, atleast he has fortune.

Mm. I thought he was quite potent, and honestly found Naesala to be the weakest of the 4. Myes, his SPD/AVO is great, and the flying and Canto was helpful, but he was the only one who managed to die for me...

Yes, I like to think I am quite unlucky.

Like, if I were a playable unit in any FE, my luck would be crap.

But I've heard good things about Naesala, so I was hoping I could use him more extensively.

Edited by Draco

Naesala also has the teeny-tiny issue of starting with Strike S, which means that he has to actually eat kills in Part IV to have more reliable kill power in Endgame.

If we wanna talk contributions, it's Nailah, and anyone who thinks otherwise, I pity.

Naesala also has the teeny-tiny issue of starting with Strike S, which means that he has to actually eat kills in Part IV to have more reliable kill power in Endgame.

If we wanna talk contributions, it's Nailah, and anyone who thinks otherwise, I pity.

yeah that is pretty true.

Nailah is pretty much better then Cain overall i believe, and while she doesn't have canto or fly, she has that SS strike while still being very fast.

Whata about Volug? I can't really pin him down about usefulness.

In Normal mode there is absolutely no need to use him ever, but what about Hard mode? I suppose he can be quite durable, but I honestly don't see the purpose of feeding him kills since his growths blow. But I'd really like to see what happens when you throw him Resolve in 3-6.

Whata about Volug? I can't really pin him down about usefulness.

In Normal mode there is absolutely no need to use him ever, but what about Hard mode? I suppose he can be quite durable, but I honestly don't see the purpose of feeding him kills since his growths blow. But I'd really like to see what happens when you throw him Resolve in 3-6.

volug ain't a royal but i remember hearing about how useful he can be in part one, less so in part 3 dispite having full access to his stats.

don't quote me on this though, i could be very wrong.

volug ain't a royal but i remember hearing about how useful he can be in part one, less so in part 3 dispite having full access to his stats.

don't quote me on this though, i could be very wrong.

From what I got, Volug can be a decent Crunch character in part 1. Part 3 he's a liability since he takes 3 turns to fill his transformation gauge. But he has enough SPD to double Tigers and not be doubled by Cats. So he can be a ok filler character.

From what I got, Volug can be a decent Crunch character in part 1. Part 3 he's a liability since he takes 3 turns to fill his transformation gauge. But he has enough SPD to double Tigers and not be doubled by Cats. So he can be a ok filler character.

I've never been a big fan of Volug. Besides the royals and herons, I actually rarely use the laguz at all.

Volug is the only one non-royal-laguz in the game, I really use at least on hard mode.

In part 1 he's good for weaking the enemies so he can gain strike level.

In 3-6 and 3-13 transformed Volug (speed 26) doubles all the tigers (speed 16-18) and cats (speed 22).

If he reaches S-strike, he will kill a cat instantly in one turn.

Thanks to his high HP, he could survive two hits of a tiger.

His earth affinity is another huge advantage. An A-support with Zihark or Nolan makes him almost invulnerable.

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

The problem with the laguz, IMO, is their lack of balance. First, they have über stats and kill almost anything. Then, they are helpless and pathetic. Honestly, form shift and laguz gems are the only reasons I use laguz at all.

Speaking of the herons, how about 'em? Which one is the best? Worst?

Honestly, I think Rafiel is definitely the best. Sure, he doesn't have Canto or flying capabilities, but since it's the Heron's purpose to refresh, Rafiel does that job quite well.

Definetely Rafiel if you're talking Endgame. All of them are pretty valuable throughout the game though, but Rafiel is definetely the heron of choice for endgame.

Are you talking about HM or NM and HM? Because on EM, you could pretty much bring lyre to the endgame and only struggle a little bit.

Edited by Blaze The Great

Yeah Rafiel has great utility, for sure. But I just feel like in the endgame you don't always need lots of units refreshed nearby, you might just need one farther away. Plus Canto/better movement/flying makes Reyson much less of a liability.

Come endgame I prefer Reyson, with the laguz gem he has flying canto and as good refresh as Rafiel, and pretty much all of the non royal laguz aren't worth using (except for Gffca or Skirmir, but consistent extra four move is probably more useful than either one.) In super low turn playthroughs that one turn to transform might be a problem, but in normal play I think Reyson is better.