Anyone still want to discuss RD?

Okay, I think early game, Rafiel is the best (Transforming doesn't really seem to affect anything, I believe?), while Reyson is the best Endgame (especially with the Laguz gem, I wish I thought of that), while Leanne is easily the worst (Only 2 people refreshed when transformed? Really?).

Edited by Draco

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Although one time I did get Meg to a Marshal on EM. I BEXPed her to level 11 sword general before 4-2 and she got to a level 1 marshal by the end of 4-5. I felt pretty proud of myself, even though it was only EM.

Lparchive had a guy who raised Fiona on nornal

Fedule? Yeah, I've read that, it was pretty awesome.

Kyza is a unit that I wanted to use(he has that cool soldier look) but do to his awkward growths and stats, it's a put off. You'd think a tiger with a focus on SPD and SKL would be beastly.

Kyza with all that SPD and SKL seems kinda like Nolan to me, except not as good and also a laguz, so...a lot worse.

Caineghis: strongest of them and has the highest defense, however most of the the actual trouble in end game is magic based, combinded with his low speed and magic defense, he's nowhere near as useful as the other three, not to mention he's grounded, atleast he has fortune.

"Low Spd"? 34 AS is many of the Beorc character's Spd cap. His Spd is pretty good, and so is his Luck. Enough that he won't be having issues avoiding magic-based enemies that are apparently an issue (hint: they never were). Besides, he has sooooo much HP they just end up being mosquito-bites...if they hit (he also has access to support Giffca, or something).

Mm. I thought he was quite potent, and honestly found Naesala to be the weakest of the 4. Myes, his SPD/AVO is great, and the flying and Canto was helpful, but he was the only one who managed to die for me...

Eh. Being the weakest among Laguz Royals doesn't mean that you're still not lolstomping stuff. That's what Naesala and Nailah do.

the only way i could see naesala dying is pretty bad luck.

Same for Caineghis, lawl.

Naesala also has the teeny-tiny issue of starting with Strike S, which means that he has to actually eat kills in Part IV to have more reliable kill power in Endgame.

If you're planning on using Naesala, you may as well just be using him consistently, throughout Part 4. His Exp gains are surprisingly good (I mean, compared to the other Royals...). That way, he shouldn't have trouble hitting that SS-rank- Or, at least, getting 1-2 Str gains through normal level-ups (he has 45% Str growth, pretty good for a Laguz). You can also BEXP him for Str. It's not an actual problem, really.

Whata about Volug? I can't really pin him down about usefulness.

In Normal mode there is absolutely no need to use him ever, but what about Hard mode? I suppose he can be quite durable, but I honestly don't see the purpose of feeding him kills since his growths blow. But I'd really like to see what happens when you throw him Resolve in 3-6.

Laguz is one of the best characters. In HM, you can well se his worth. When everyone else is struggling surviving something like 2-hits and dealing any considerible amounts of damage, Volug is able to do that without any level-ups and just by removing Halfshift. He doesn't really need levels as much as he's interested in getting that Strike up. The levels, though, help him by giving him some extra stats (like Spd, if you're having him kill Ike and/or Part 4) and, eventually, luck will roll a bit on your side and hopefully grant him something along the lines of Str...after he gets to level 30, just give him the Satori Sign and see him do wonders. But, most of his shining moments, happen to be at Part 1 & 3. Part 3, specifically.

welp i got blown the fuck out.

shows that i really need to replay FE10 sometime...right after i finish my current FE9 file.

i hate that i can only potentially play it once a week

Sorry if I sounded aggressive. It may seem like that, but it's not my intention.

Lol. So...not necessarily related to gameplay, but lately, I have just really started loving the soundtrack of this game! Anyone else?

):

I'm usually not crazy about video game OSTs. Only recently I started taking a look back at the music of the game, while playing. Still not crazy about it, but it's undeniably good.

rafiel is better than reyson in 4-E regardless of difficulty because very often you want the 4-way dance on turn 1.

non-royal laguz aren't very good anymore in LTC, but volug, ulki, and janaff are still good in runs that aren't as fast.

Edited by dondon151

I prefer Reyson. Yeah, he doesn't have the super Vigor but he has better movement and Canto. Leanne is for sure the worst.

Yeah Rafiel has great utility, for sure. But I just feel like in the endgame you don't always need lots of units refreshed nearby, you might just need one farther away. Plus Canto/better movement/flying makes Reyson much less of a liability.

Endgame indeed needs units to be refreshed because turtling is clearly the worst strategy to beat Endgame when enemies (auras and spirits) cluster and wreck your team's weakest points. Rafiel is undoubtedly the best Heron because of how effective his contribution is, Leanne is not the worst heron because Leanne's contributions are far more vital and important than Reyson: chapters like 2-2, 2-E and 3-12 beat Reyson's 3-5, 3-8 3-11 and 3-E simply because Leanne's chapters are riskier than Reyson's; even in a low turns context, it will be the same, enemy phases on Leanne's chapters have a higher risk. I wouldn't say deliberately that Leanne is for sure the worst among the three. Edited by Quintessence

Has anyone brought Tormod to endgame before? He's my favorite mage in the Tellius series so I want to bring him to endgame on my next normal playthrough but dat availability...

Lol. So...not necessarily related to gameplay, but lately, I have just really started loving the soundtrack of this game! Anyone else?

Same. RD's soundtrack is one of my favorites from any video game.

Has anyone ever used Meg, Fiona, or Lyre beyond Easy mode?

Yup, even in drafts. Their contributions aren't awesome but Fiona is more useful than Meg or Lyre. At least she's good in 4-2, 4-5 and coupled with Nasir may be competent at dealing with auras. Edited by Quintessence

Endgame indeed needs units to be refreshed because turtling is clearly the worst strategy to beat Endgame when enemies (auras and spirits) cluster and wreck your team's weakest points. Rafiel is undoubtedly the best Heron because of how effective his contribution is, Leanne is not the worst heron because Leanne's contributions are far more vital and important than Reyson: chapters like 2-2, 2-E and 3-12 beat Reyson's 3-5, 3-8 3-11 and 3-E simply because Leanne's chapters are riskier than Reyson's; even in a low turns context, it will be the same, enemy phases on Leanne's chapters have a higher risk. I wouldn't say deliberately that Leanne is for sure the worst among the three.

Actually, I wasn't necessarily referring to chokepointing or 'turtling' as you called it, but more to the idea that in the endgame most enemies are not that dangerous, but there are always those several enemies that you really want/need dead this turn, and therefore Reyson's high movement, compounded with Canto and flight, not only makes him better able to enable you to kill that unit, but it also keeps him from being as much as a liability (ignoring the spirits and auras).

Leanne is not by any means a bad heron, however I do feel that she cannot perform as well as either of her brothers. Reyson has all Leanne's perks, plus he can Galdr to four people while transformed, while Leanne can only sing to two. Rafiel may be worse than Leanne due to his lack of movement and Canto, but he can always galdr to four people, which Leanne never has the ability to do. Granted, Leanne may make more contributions in certain chapters that she is able to participate in, but in the long run the other herons are better.

P.S. Leanne doesn't appear in 3-12.

non-royal laguz aren't very good anymore in LTC, but volug, ulki, and janaff are still good in runs that aren't as fast.

I take it Volug isn't as good in LTC because he doesn't really save any turns? I got a pretty neat turncount for Part 1, and if I do recall, Volug probably didn't do much that someone else couldn't do that would end up making a difference.

Has anyone brought Tormod to endgame before? He's my favorite mage in the Tellius series so I want to bring him to endgame on my next normal playthrough but dat availability...

I think I may have...once, in a draft. Still really doubtful. I do like him, though. I'll probably see if I can get him somewhere, in HM.

Use him, if you want.

Yup, even in drafts. Their contributions aren't awesome but Fiona is more useful than Meg or Lyre. At least she's good in 4-2, 4-5 and coupled with Nasir may be competent at dealing with auras.

uhhhhh yeaaaahhhh no

Fiona's terrible and needs to suck up resources really badly to be of any use. The maps reeeally screw her over, as well. At least Meg has some availability and can be worked on with nice kill setups. Lyre, being part of the GMs in Part 3, doesn't have it as ridiculously hard as say, Fiona, when it comes to growing. At least, in NM drafts.

Honestly, of Meg, Fiona and Lyre, Meg is the easiest to train. Fiona is probably the best overall though, even if they all are pretty bad. Lyre...I have nothing to say about her. She just makes me want to face palm every time I see her

Yeah, that's what I meant. Fiona likely pays off the best, in the end. I see her doing some neat stuff at 3-12...it's too bad she can't do much at 3-13. But in Part 4, she can be good.

They're awful, but Meg has to be the easiest to train.

Myes, I do as well. If you check my profile under the "(My favorite songs in Fire Emblem games)", you'll see that RD has the most songs on there. I love some of the map themes, like Dark Traveler and Unending Task.

I take it Volug isn't as good in LTC because he doesn't really save any turns? I got a pretty neat turncount for Part 1, and if I do recall, Volug probably didn't do much that someone else couldn't do that would end up making a difference.

i think volug is still decent in some part 1 maps because of halfshift (mostly 1-7 and 1-E), but requiring 2 turns just to grass up in part 3 is no good. jill can kill half of a map after 2 turns (or in 3-13, end the map). since he can't possibly fight as much, his strike level also falls behind.

still a beast in 0% growths!

Edited by dondon151

Actually, I wasn't necessarily referring to chokepointing or 'turtling' as you called it, but more to the idea that in the endgame most enemies are not that dangerous, but there are always those several enemies that you really want/need dead this turn, and therefore Reyson's high movement, compounded with Canto and flight, not only makes him better able to enable you to kill that unit, but it also keeps him from being as much as a liability (ignoring the spirits and auras).

Thing is, movement is not exactly an issue because herons don't need to have high movement in Endgame to clear said annoyances (Siege sages, 1-2 ranged enemies, etc.), even Rafiel is enough for doing such. Herons being transformed means a turn wasted, you know... a turn.

uhhhhh yeaaaahhhh no

Fiona's terrible and needs to suck up resources really badly to be of any use. The maps reeeally screw her over, as well. At least Meg has some availability and can be worked on with nice kill setups. Lyre, being part of the GMs in Part 3, doesn't have it as ridiculously hard as say, Fiona, when it comes to growing. At least, in NM drafts.

Needs to suck up resources? Both need them. Considering a draft context, they'll get the Dracoshield and tons of BEXP, Fiona needs more BEXP than Meg; but Fiona's contributions by 3-13 and Part 4 are superior than Meg's early availability. Meg is better in P1 by shaving turns there but she's terrible at 3-12 and 3-13 (Fiona can clear it in 4 turns while Meg can do it in 5 iirc).

Lyre? Lyre will be like in babying during all Part 3, chipping enemies and killing sages and bishops at best. Her contributions on TC are pretty much non existant because she's better at not being spotted by enemies in order to not waste turns there.