Anyone still want to discuss RD?

Oh, drafting context.

Fiona's existence for Part 1 is also getting kills and BEXP, right? And she can't exactly do much in 3-6 and 3-13 (didn't it count as an indoor map? And she has to go all the way around to get to Ike, anyway). But it's a granted that she'll be the better of the three, in the end. So I won't argue that.

And yeaaaah, Lyre. :I

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I wish Kyza and Lyre were more viable. But hey, what can you do?

Speaking of Laguz, I think I might want to try using more regular laguz units in a future RD playthough, as the only regular laguz I used was Ranulf. He actually turned out pretty great for me, it's a shame that I didn't have enough room to take him with me into the tower (I love how that happens in RD by the way, you get a lot of capable units and you just don't know who to take into the final stretch).

So my question is, how would you folks rank the non-heron and non-royal laguz?

volug, ulki, and janaff are good in semi-fast playthroughs. ranulf is a bit worse because being grounded and having cat gauge mean that he doesn't gain strike level as quickly as the hawks. the others are mostly terrible or have bad availability.

I finished my Normal mode PT with Fiona capping all stats. I trained her like Fedule did and promoted by killing Jarod. Her growths in low cap stats are so high that she is bexpable as hell. Kinda sucks her 2nd tier Speed cap is crap, but it's balanced by her 34 Speed cap in 3rd tier. Other than that, innate Imbue, best affinity, best Cavalier of the game.

I was talking about long-term usefulness and endgame capabilities. IIRC she's the only Paladin with the magic number of 34 SPD to double the important stuff in the endgame.

Of course the problem is levelling her up in part 1, and that if we take into consideration turn counts, efficiency and all that she is the bottom of the barrel, but otherwise she has the most potential out of the others (innate skills, affinity, bows, oh God I wonder how is she like with Double Bow).

EDIT Someone mentioned this game's music. Am I the only one who thinks RD's OST is absolutely dreadful? All compositions are a bunch of orchestral sounds with nothing that makes them stick out or memorable, and after a very short while they become grating as fuck on the ears. I'm pretty sure it's a different composer from PoR, because the only decent tracks (Black Knight, With Us) are returning from PoR.

Edited by cloudropis

I was talking about long-term usefulness and endgame capabilities. IIRC she's the only Paladin with the magic number of 34 SPD to double the important stuff in the endgame.

Of course the problem is levelling her up in part 1, and that if we take into consideration turn counts, efficiency and all that she is the bottom of the barrel, but otherwise she has the most potential out of the others (innate skills, affinity, bows, oh God I wonder how is she like with Double Bow).

There's also Astrid with the 34 Sp cap.

EDIT Someone mentioned this game's music. Am I the only one who thinks RD's OST is absolutely dreadful? All compositions are a bunch of orchestral sounds with nothing that makes them stick out or memorable, and after a very short while they become grating as fuck on the ears. I'm pretty sure it's a different composer from PoR, because the only decent tracks (Black Knight, With Us) are returning from PoR.

Oh wow, I completely love most of RD's OST, Yune's and Ashera's song, most battle and map themes. Some of them are ok or meh, though.

I brought Tormod to endgame in my last Normal mode playthrough. Gave him Paragon in 4-5 and have him attack the enemies below the stairs. He became a level 2 Archsage by the end of the chapter.

I normally BEXP him up to Archsage, capping everything except Lck, then give him Paragon, the Spirit Dust from 1-5 and send him to the enemies raising his Tome ranks. He won't have much of an issue because of his high AS, he'll have trouble ORKOing because of low dmg input, but there's Spirit Dust or Flare. By the end of the chapter he gets up to Lv. 9 or 11 ~

Oscar and Astrid also have that 34 speed cap out of the paladins due to also promoting into silver knights.

now that i think about it so does Geoffrey.

then again i could be wrong too because .i don't know if the cap silver knight caps are different, been anwhile since i used one.

Oscar and Astrid also have that 34 speed cap out of the paladins due to also promoting into silver knights.

now that i think about it so does Geoffrey.

then again i could be wrong too because .i don't know if the cap silver knight caps are different, been anwhile since i used one.

Male Silver Knights have 32Sp cap while Females have 34 :/

I finished my Normal mode PT with Fiona capping all stats. I trained her like Fedule did and promoted by killing Jarod. Her growths in low cap stats are so high that she is bexpable as hell. Kinda sucks her 2nd tier Speed cap is crap, but it's balanced by her 34 Speed cap in 3rd tier. Other than that, innate Imbue, best affinity, best Cavalier of the game.

I never tried this myself but it seems like Astrid would be better than Fiona if both are raised since Astrid gets access to the parablossom combo as well as double bow>wishblade.

Fiona is shafted by so many things in RD. Low level, low bases, Tier 1 join in what counts as lategame for that part, low promo gains, weighed down by some weapons, movement impediments beginning from her first map (1-7 cuts move by 2 because indoors, she doesnt exist in 1-8 and 1-9, 1-E is indoors, 3-6 has swamps which makes her almost unable to move at all, 3-13 counts as indoors and she has to deal with at least 1 map of cut move in all Part 4 routes like every mount). She also doesnt exist in 1-8. 1 map right after joining. Not like she could've done anything of use in 1-8 though because of the swamp. I think the only map where she might be fine if trained somehow is in 3-12 and Hawk Army's 4-2. She definetely isnt worth the insane amount of trouble and time it takes to baby her, she cant even get to wield Double Bow unlike a certain other Baby unit with 35 spd cap. It's sad.

Edited by PJSalt

Double Bow is easily up there as one of the greatest weapons in the game. Great hit rate, weight shouldn't be a problem, best MT in the game (22 + 3 = 25!), 1-2 range (Actually 1-3 on a Marksmen!). Double Bow sucks in RD, though.

But the Longbows are some of the worst...

• Meh MT,
  • Absolute crap hit rate (Even worse when attacking from 3 range, WHICH IS WHAT IT'S THERE FOR)
  • Really heavy,
  • useless on a Marksmen, etc...
Edited by Draco

Double Bow is easily up there as one of the greatest weapons in the game. Great hit rate, weight shouldn't be a problem, best MT in the game (22 + 3 = 25!), 1-2 range (Actually 1-3 on a Marksmen!)

But the Longbows are some of the worst...

Meh MT,

Absolute crap hit rate (Even worse when attacking from 3 range, WHICH IS WHAT IT'S THERE FOR)

Really heavy,

useless on a Marksmen, etc...

Yeah, they're pretty bad. I think I've never actually used one o.o

3-6 has swamps and 3-13 ledges, but they are both defense chapter, so the movement penalty shouldn't matter at all. Unless you really want to fight Lyre, but all the good stuff is at the beginning of the chapter anyway (Brave Bow) and 3-13 you really don't have many strategies to win.

New case guys: what the fuck was IS thinking with Renewal? In a game with two promotion gains and BEXP getting the minimum amount of MAG to make Imbue shit on Renewal is incredibly easy. I mean, Nolan in the very endgame recovers 6 or 7 HP with Renewal, while he can have 7 MAG as soon as he promotes to WARRIOR.

There's also Astrid with the 34 Sp cap.

35, LOL. Sorry to nitpick. Just wanted to throw that one out. 8P

Don't be basing a character's full worth based on their late/endgame performance...that doesn't make them the best, if they've been leetching on resources, being babied on and fed kills all year just to resemble something worth using by the end of the game. Oscar happens to be one of the best Paladins in the game, and we all know that 32 Spd cap doesn't double only 3 chapters of Endgame (and by "3", I really just mean "Dheginsea and the last two, 4-E-4 & 4-E-5).

35, LOL. Sorry to nitpick. Just wanted to throw that one out. 8P

Don't be basing a character's full worth based on their late/endgame performance...that doesn't make them the best, if they've been leetching on resources, being babied on and fed kills all year just to resemble something worth using by the end of the game. Oscar happens to be one of the best Paladins in the game, and we all know that 32 Spd cap doesn't double only 3 chapters of Endgame (and by "3", I really just mean "Dheginsea and the last two, 4-E-4 & 4-E-5).

Heh at this point I'd rather bring another Trueblade or anything else that can actually double all the way throughout the Endgame. I really regretted bringing Ilyana, 30 spd cap wtf. Fortunately my Sanaki was a monster and doubled everything with Rexflame.

PJSalt be a bro and lend me a hand: I need a FE12 save file in .dsv format with the DLCs AND Hard mode beaten for the male class set merged, and everyone is ignoring me in the FE12 board. Think you can give me a hand?

Like I said, the only thing Oscar (an example of a good character most of the game, with less than 34 AS) is failing to double is something like Dheginsea (who's not the ideal to take out, anyway. BUUUUTTTTT, he IS part of the Triangle Attack), those annoying little balls & Lehran and the Auras and Ashera. It's the only real time where it matters- But it's completely neglected, if you want to rank the character (which was my point).

everyone is ignoring me in the FE12 board.

):

Fiona is shafted by so many things in RD. Low level, low bases, Tier 1 join in what counts as lategame for that part, low promo gains, weighed down by some weapons, movement impediments beginning from her first map (1-7 cuts move by 2 because indoors, she doesnt exist in 1-8 and 1-9, 1-E is indoors, 3-6 has swamps which makes her almost unable to move at all, 3-13 counts as indoors and she has to deal with at least 1 map of cut move in all Part 4 routes like every mount). She also doesnt exist in 1-8. 1 map right after joining. Not like she could've done anything of use in 1-8 though because of the swamp. I think the only map where she might be fine if trained somehow is in 3-12 and Hawk Army's 4-2. She definetely isnt worth the insane amount of trouble and time it takes to baby her, she cant even get to wield Double Bow unlike a certain other Baby unit with 35 spd cap. It's sad.

Yeah the only time I ever saw Fiona trained was in Fedule's LP on the LP Archive. And even then, he had to grind her. In 1-E, he had Nailah use the Glare Skill on a priest and then just grinded Fiona there. She got to 19 E:90 by the end of 1-E, and she capped everything.

Yeah the only time I ever saw Fiona trained was in Fedule's LP on the LP Archive. And even then, he had to grind her. In 1-E, he had Nailah use the Glare Skill on a priest and then just grinded Fiona there. She got to 19 E:90 by the end of 1-E, and she capped everything.

Exactly what I did too (I was following his LP). After that, I gave her Paragon in 2-6 and gained a level advantage that lasted until 3-13, then I threw her in the Hawk Army.

35, LOL. Sorry to nitpick. Just wanted to throw that one out. 8P.

Whoops lol, evidence enough of me using Astrid a couple of times x_x. Thanks for the correction, though.

Don't be basing a character's full worth based on their late/endgame performance...that doesn't make them the best, if they've been leetching on resources, being babied on and fed kills all year just to resemble something worth using by the end of the game

I'm basing a character's full worth based on its contributions in comparison to other's contributions.