FE7 Noob Question About Weapons

Sleepy_Tactician

Alright. say I wanted a mage who specializes specifically in fire magic. And in turn, from the start can use any form of fire magic in the game. But is a novice with other forms.

To elaborate, say he has a D rank in magic. He can ONLY use Fire and thunder right? Is it possible to allow him to use elfire and (of course forblaze, that one is easy though) or if I added more fire based spells such as bolganone or meteor at A or B rank or whatever, use them as well but not be able to use other high level spells such as Bolting or Fimbulvetr until reaching the required level rank? Without making them prf weapons, of course. Because I wouldn't want those weapons only locked to him.

I sorta looked but couldn't really find a tutorial about this, which brings up the question of whether or not it's possible without heavy asm work. Which is scary.

Any insight is appreciated.

If my memory serves me well... in Nightmare you can edit items and put a weapon rank S-A-B-C-D

so that thing should work.

I apologize since I guess I didn't explain that clearly enough. I'm not concerned with the weapon ranks, I meant something more along the lines of FE4 style holy blood, like how Levin has the ability to use any wind tome right away including holsety, but wasn't as skilled with other forms of magic.He only could use c ranks in others until promotion. I want something along those lines. Only one character specifically can use those fire spells before being a high enough rank. Every other mage can use them but only when they reach that rank. However, he can't use fimbulvetr and such because he starts with a low amina rank. Just he basically starts with a pseudo S fire rank. Because it would be very difficult to split amina into three seperate categories, then start him with an S rank for fire and D rank for wind and thunder.

I suppose you could weapon lock certain spells but splitting the anima triangle without using loopholes or quick patches would require pretty heavy asm

I was thinking about Just locking them, but then other units won't be able to use those spells at all. If I added bolganone or arcfire or any other extra fire based non legendary tome, I wouldn't want only him to be able to use them. I just want him to be able to use them early as a sort of character niche.

Note: The character I'm referring to is a Main Character. As such he is mandatory. So I want to give him a cool niche use instead of just giving him OP stats/growths. I want to make it so that if players can manage to get high rank fire tome early on, he could use it. But not a high rank thunder or wind based tome, unless his magic rank is high enough. So just putting him a high weapon rank would destroy that niche and make him OP. However just locking the fire tomes to him would also be OP and would make it so that other characters can't use them at all. I'm hoping there is a loophole or patch out there because that seems like really high level asm. I can't even do basic asm yet.

Well, while this seems to be EXACTLY what I'm looking for (thank you so much!) It appears that Google Chrome thinks it's malicious and blocks the download. While this is likely to simply be a false positive, You might want to check just to be sure you aren't unintentionally giving people anything malicious.

Edited by Sleepy_Tactician

I tried downloading them individually and only the Assemble ARM.bat gave me trouble. Everything else is fine. It's likely just a false positive since it did the same thing when I tried downloading the NL MAR array inserter. (which was stupid since tiled is better IMO) So yeah. It's most likely nothing.

Once again, thank you!

Edited by Sleepy_Tactician

chrome doesn't like downloading .bat files because they tend to be obfuscated into downloading/installing malware

Assemble ARM isn't important for a front-end user anyway (aka you unless you intend on modifying the source etc for your own purposes)

Edited by CT075