FE6, The "Miss!" fest!

I just recently (about last moth) bought FE6 for the GBA. And for those of us who have played the game before, it's no surprise just how bad the hitrates in this game are- But, having had not played the game in ,liek, ages, I am reminded just how baaaaaad it is. Like, pretty bad. Everybody and their mother (barring something like Marcus/Dieck & Rutoga at this part of the game) have shaky hitrates and it doesn't help that their offense is quite lacking, in HM.

Nevertheless, the game's been fun and challenging so far (and not just because of craptastic hitrates everywhere). And I've been having quite a share of luck, myself.

I want to train Bors. ):

Ah FE 6. RNG is extremely messed up in that game, though it is a good experience. For example, 30% hit rates almost always hit in my case. That and 2% crits. I find I miss a lot, but the RNG could be worse.

Actually, it isn't. FE7 is when the series switched to the two-RNG system as opposed to the one-RNG system of the older games (where hit-rates higher than 50% are more likely to hit and vice-versa). While the older games are great, the one-RNG system makes for some ridiculous moments, especially in FE6. I distinctly remember how on my first playrthough, my Saul got attacked by a hand-axe fighter. The fighter had a 23% chance to hit and 1% chance to crit. He crit, instantly killing Saul and causing me to reset and curse aloud. It was even at the end of the chapter too.

I still quite enjoy FE6, but the RNG is especially wonky in that game. I never understood why aside from the the one-RNG system.

Using mostly killer weapons kind of makes this problem not as bad, since they have better hit rates IIRC

And no, FE6 also use two RNs. The last game to just use one is Thracia

Edited by NOBODY

Actually, it isn't. FE7 is when the series switched to the two-RNG system as opposed to the one-RNG system of the older games (where hit-rates higher than 50% are more likely to hit and vice-versa). While the older games are great, the one-RNG system makes for some ridiculous moments, especially in FE6. I distinctly remember how on my first playrthough, my Saul got attacked by a hand-axe fighter. The fighter had a 23% chance to hit and 1% chance to crit. He crit, instantly killing Saul and causing me to reset and curse aloud. It was even at the end of the chapter too.

I still quite enjoy FE6, but the RNG is especially wonky in that game. I never understood why aside from the the one-RNG system.

No, FE6 is when the series switched to the current 2 PRNG system. The algorithm is exactly the same as FE7.

Please don't assert conjecture over someone who has "done their homework".

Edited by MP2E

Actually, it isn't. FE7 is when the series switched to the two-RNG system as opposed to the one-RNG system of the older games (where hit-rates higher than 50% are more likely to hit and vice-versa).

i can drag up the exact part of the game code that disproves this statement if you like, although it seems that others have already said it Edited by CT075

Only thing I can think of: was FE6 the only game that had the rounding bug with RNs where 100% hits could actually miss?

One of these days I wanted to record a video of that happening XD

yes, though i think in practice it's rather impossible to miss with a 100% hit attack because you need to get one of 100 100, 100 99, or 99 100.

It's much easier to do with a status staff, since those use only 1 RN, and i took a screenshot of it happening a long time ago.