Burning RNs

isetrh

I want to beat Lunatic+ with a +Skill -Def MU. The only way I can see this being possible is with really good level ups. Fortunately I have a digital copy of the game, so I can back up my saves. Does anyone know how to burn the set of RNs used for level ups?

That sounds tedious as hell if you're backing up before every level up and resetting until you get good ones. Not as nice as savestates. You could probably grind to hell on DLC faster than that.

That sounds tedious as hell if you're backing up before every level up and resetting until you get good ones. Not as nice as savestates. You could probably grind to hell on DLC faster than that.

The main problem will probably be the prologue to Chapter 3 where DLC isn't available.

Well I wouldn't be all too concerned about decent level ups then, moreso survival. Unless there's some key "you need this stat leveled up to beat the chapter" algorithm type of thing I'm unaware of.

With Interceptor's 'easy Chapter 2' method, you need 10 Mag (or C tomes + 9 Mag) and 11 Spd.

Without a Spd asset you need to pull 5 Speed growths upon level up which would probably require quite a few resets.

That's still just one method though, surely it isn't impossible without it? I mean it isn't Lunatic+ but I'm sure there are other ways to beat it if you lack those stats.

That's still just one method though, surely it isn't impossible without it? I mean it isn't Lunatic+ but I'm sure there are other ways to beat it if you lack those stats.

Have you ever played L+ Chapter 2 with a DEF flaw Robin? It's not "impossible", but it's definitely "tedious as hell". I'd rather rig stat-ups and Dual Strikes than reset Ch.2 until there aren't enough Luna+ enemies to murder you.

Thanks guys. I will rig level ups for Interceptor's method. I'm going to need to beat Chapter 3 too though. I read somewhere (or someone told me) that 17 Speed and 15 Defense makes Chapter 3 on Lunatic easy. Does this work on L+?

Have you ever played L+ Chapter 2 with a DEF flaw Robin? It's not "impossible", but it's definitely "tedious as hell". I'd rather rig stat-ups and Dual Strikes than reset Ch.2 until there aren't enough Luna+ enemies to murder you.

I actually haven't unlocked it but all I was talking about was "is it possible" and the answer seems to be yes. Even if it is tedious it's still doable.

If you're going to rig level ups, what even is the point...You'll basically end up with the same MU with less than optimal growths except it took you more effort to get there.

I actually haven't unlocked it but all I was talking about was "is it possible" and the answer seems to be yes. Even if it is tedious it's still doable.

...It's hours upon hours of rigging growths to /start/ then you spend hours resetting and attempting.

-DEF the old way SUCKS LIKE HELL.

Doable, yes. Enjoyable in any fashion? OH EL'NO.

New method is a downright godsend.

If you're going to rig level ups, what even is the point...You'll basically end up with the same MU with less than optimal growths except it took you more effort to get there.

The point is 100% DS Sniper couples for Apo.

Thanks guys. I will rig level ups for Interceptor's method. I'm going to need to beat Chapter 3 too though. I read somewhere (or someone told me) that 17 Speed and 15 Defense makes Chapter 3 on Lunatic easy. Does this work on L+?

Chapter 3 is probably going to require some reset-massaging, since Robin won't be very tanky. But Luna+ is a lot less common, because of Aegis+/Pavise+ being introduced. As long as you can blitz the left-hand side quickly, the rest of the map is just academic. Kiting and choke-pointing both work well.

It's not just tedious, it's like "ninth circle of hell" tedious. It's probably the dumbest way to approach the problem.

I think that people are really overestimating how much resetting that you need to do for stats. You only need +5 SPD over 8-9 level-ups, which isn't very difficult. You can get to level 6 by the end of Prologue, and 9-10 by the end of Chapter 1. If you aim for +3 SPD in Prologue, and +2 SPD in Ch. 1, you'll hit the target.

How hard is it to get +3 SPD over 5 levels with a 50% growth rate? You'll get it half the time! There's actually nearly a 19% chance that you'll overshoot the mark and get +4 SPD instead. Lock that in with a save, and try to get +2 more over three levels in Chapter 1. How hard is that? This one is also half the time!

Way easier than resetting in Ch. 2 and trying to get a bunch of Pass/Vantage+ enemies. Especially because consistent strategies in the first couple of Chapters are pretty easy to begin with, so retries go quick.

As a fellow member of the "-Def Lunatic+ Club", I can also attest as to how insane it is to brute force your way through (I did my run well before Interceptor made the fabulous Cht.2 guide).

Resetting for Def won't matter much for Cht.2, but it does help a lot for Cht.3. I actually took nearly three times as long for Cht.3 as I did on Cht.2. If you do do it, Cht.2 is prbably the best place to do so due to being fairly consistent now and not having to worry about manipulating Spd/Mag as well.

Anyway, backup saves aren't useful for rigging stat growths. I tried them when I was doing -Def, and all that happened was me breaking Lissa's Heal Staff on the Prologue (reset), and wasting a ton of time. You'll probably get your desired stats more quickly if you don't savescum, actually. The place where you do want to use saves is on Cht.2/3 between waves (they won't help much with the RNG itself, but because you have a lot more freedom with how you engage the next wave, you could change your strategy slightly each time... Or even rewind costly blunders).