Did Drafting Die?

Darros

Yo, I remember like it was yesterday when this forum had absolute surges of activity all the time. Drafts would be just filled constantly and it'd be all we ever talked about, but it feels like it's just absolutely been a nonfactor lately. Is the interest just gone or did people's backlogs catch up to them?

I guess I'm just asking, why has everyone stopped with drafting?

What kills drafting for me is that I'll enter a draft and start doing the draft for the first couple of chapters and then realize that nobody else is participating. It kind of kills the competitive factor of a draft and I lose interest in it very quickly. I can't remember the last time I was in a draft that everyone was actually participating in at the same time with a decent pace.

The reason behind this is most likely that everyone has so much experience in the games that you can predict who is going to win just based off of what units they have, which also ruins part of the competition. But that's just the nature of drafting.

Edited by Oakland

I just got tired of being crushed by Horace (except that one time) and never getting the opportunity to draft a flier in GBA!FE.

Drafting loses its edge when Horace isn't around to try and beat. I think I still hold the best victory record, 2 wins and 2 draws too pro... the six or seven losses don't count!

I'm still following the forum, but lately XCOM: Long War and a shiny new copy of Awakening have been devouring my free time. I've got a couple of ideas I'd like to try hosting at some point, and could probably be strongarmed into participating in one sooner.

It's not like there's been new hosts who failed to find enough players; I'm not too concerned.

What kills drafting for me is that I'll enter a draft and start doing the draft for the first couple of chapters and then realize that nobody else is participating. It kind of kills the competitive factor of a draft and I lose interest in it very quickly. I can't remember the last time I was in a draft that everyone was actually participating in at the same time with a decent pace.

The reason behind this is most likely that everyone has so much experience in the games that you can predict who is going to win just based off of what units they have, which also ruins part of the competition. But that's just the nature of drafting.

I know I have that FE6 draft to finish still. Originally, I had time back in mid-june to start it. It goes like 2 weeks without interest before the drafting finally starts, but that was during a time when I was already busy. Since then it has only gotten worse with school starting up, working two jobs, and learning a ton of new stuff for one of the jobs.

But yeah, I blame real life inconveniences.

Edited by Vorena

Job Corps and various other things kinda murdered my chance to sit down and draft when I have other things to play as well as loads of friends here who want to play various things.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I don't mind drafting for FE7 and FE8 if anyone is going to start a draft.

I don't mind helping to revive the drafting board and getting players back to drafting again.

I stilll have two drafts to complete but I don't think they will take too long. Drafters in my second draft have also lost interest in it so far so I'm not sure if I will even complete it.