My first hack: Battle of the Tiers

RandomSwordmaster

Based off the FE8 tier list from The Emblem Brigade, it pits Seth against 13 low tier units who want revenge on Seth for taking all of the glory by single-handedly destroying everything. Mostly focusing on humor rather than difficulty. This is a one chapter hack that I'm going to submit to MarkyJoe1990 for his Ragefest Gaiden series. Why? BECAUSE I WANNA, THATS WHY. Ideas are all planned out, map is made, however eventing needs time to finish, because I suck at eventing and I'm new to it :p Suggestions are welcome!

Current To-Do List:

Map: Done! (Credits to Ninian for making the map)

Mug importing: 50% done

Eventing: 20% done

Text: 60% done

Other things: ??% done

NOTE: Postponed until FEXNA, FEXNA looks FAR easier to work with than Nightmare.

Edited by RandomSwordmaster

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any screenshots as of yet. Hack is still in development. I suck at map design so the map looks terrible. Here is a general plot story though. The standard intro takes place, because i can't replace it. But i changed the text so that it talks about what happened after the War of the Stones. Fado(who is alive somehow) will tell Seth that part of the army has deserted and is attacking an outpost. Seth will go to the outpost, only to find out its a trap, laid by the 13 lowest tier units. However, they are low tier, so most of them suck but have funny death quotes. Seth is op, and wrecks nearly all of them. However, some of the units learned the power of hax and are op. And for some reason, a random Batta appears only to be wrecked by a random Lyn who followed him here. Along with that, Idoun appears as the final boss for some reason, because she is the most overpowered terrible unit ever. That's all i have at the moment that i'm not lazy enough to type.

EDIT: Some traps will be laid out for Seth, such as a unit that will instakill Seth if you attack him. Don't worry, He's armed with a Devil axe that has 30 might and 200 hit but has a 100% chance of killing yourself unless you are the defender :)

No I have not. The fortress itself is new though, so it looks clean...for the most part. I just kept it this way because it had everything i needed, eventwise. Besides, some of the jokes are based off the terrible map. Mostly along the lines of " WHY IS THERE _______, WHAT IDIOT DESIGNED THIS FORTRESS!?"

However, my original map was terrible....very terrible :p I did try to achieve a sort of shadow effect with the tiles.

Based off the FE8 tier list from The Emblem Brigade,

Then y u no submit dis to TEB UUHHH?

(jokin)

Uh i like the idea, i'm kind of a sucker for troll hacks and this looks like it's going to be one of dem so I'm all for it ^_^ KEEP GOING!

Screw Idoun, Batta for true final boss

This sounds fun to say the least, But a little advice, try not to speak too openly about the traps. It's best to catch the player off guard in a troll IMO. (Which is already hard enough to do as it is considering you're doing a troll hack and people have already come expect ridiculous traps and random deaths.) So the less they know, the better.

Edited by Sleepy_Tactician

Well they wanted details, so I gave them details :D And nu, batta is purely there for a short comedic bit :D He might (CENSORED) before going away though. The only thing that's holding me up is the event coding. Finding it difficult to understand Arch's tutorial :p

Not batta. Glass

His sword skills are peerless!

But Batta is Lyn's totally canon arch nemesis. FEAR THE BEAST!

But Batta is funnier :D Because he's so easy to beat! I'll see if i can have Glass make a cameo appearance :3

9:02 AM: Busy inputting in the enemies in the event.

Inb4 Gheb cameo

Be careful with the events. Arch's tutorial isn't too hard to follow at all, however eventing itself isn't easy. Even Arch made a billion mistakes in his own tutorials (although I'm sure SOME of them were intentional) I've crashed so many roms with eventing alone lol.