My first hack: Battle of the Tiers

RandomSwordmaster

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9nmpa116a4r1hw/Battle%20of%20the%20Tiers%20Map.TXT?dl=0

BattleoftheTiersMapscrn_zps4516d0b1.png?

It's done. Spawn points are the bottom stairs and the entryways at the sides, in addition to a couple enemies pouring out from the stairs in the treasure rooms when the chests are opened. The back chest is opened through a secret pathway right next to the throne, or just for evil purposes. Stepping on the symbol does...something.

that is painful to look at

E:

like, the map design being sub-par is one thing but the blue on that image is physically causing me eye strain

Edited by CT075

Ninian, photoshop a few Map sprites on top of the squares, and menus too. I don't think it'll look all that good with the clashing styles and brights on brights/blues on blues.

I'm trying to put it as a .MAR file, but you'll have to do with a picture for now:

BattleoftheTiersMapscrn_zps0a531d89.png?

Make Orson the boss, with devious reinforcement characters (specifically characters) or Ewan, with Ross and Amelia backup.

Ninian, Looky here:
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25963

There's a nice mapping tutorial that I think will help you a lot. You might have to do some scrolling to find it though. Your map looks alright as it is, But this will help you make it look much better.

Well no, not really. But still, You should try to make it looks as good as it possibly can, right? (Also, MarkyJoe will yell at Random lol He's really big on map design)

But as I said, it looks fine as is. It's certainly not bad. Also, it IS a ragefest hack after all. Doesn't need to be perfect.

I'll leave it as is, then.

EDIT: MAR's aren't working, is there anything else that would work for you? Should I put a copy of the map on Dropbox?

Edited by Ninian

Well no, not really. But still, You should try to make it looks as good as it possibly can, right? (Also, MarkyJoe will yell at Random lol He's really big on map design)

But as I said, it looks fine as is. It's certainly not bad. Also, it IS a ragefest hack after all. Doesn't need to be perfect.

that's a shitty mentality to have

why would you want to make a sub-par map when you have the time and ability to make it better

posts like this piss me off more than usual, it's basically saying "don't try"

Edited by Skitty of Time