My first hack: Battle of the Tiers

RandomSwordmaster

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9nmpa116a4r1hw/Battle%20of%20the%20Tiers%20Map.TXT?dl=0

BattleoftheTiersMapscrn_zps4516d0b1.png?

It's done. Spawn points are the bottom stairs and the entryways at the sides, in addition to a couple enemies pouring out from the stairs in the treasure rooms when the chests are opened. The back chest is opened through a secret pathway right next to the throne, or just for evil purposes. Stepping on the symbol does...something.

I like how this is actually somehow even worse than the original map.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's a shitty mentality to have

why would you want to make a sub-par map when you have the time and ability to make it better

posts like this piss me off more than usual, it's basically saying "don't try"

I apologize for pissing you off. The point of my message wasn't to say "don't try". I said that it should be as good as it possibly can be. My point was that she shouldn't kill herself over making a map is all. I do think she could do way better and I linked her to a post with a tutorial on how to do so. My intention was only to help and I apologize if I made that unclear. To you too, Ninain.

Edited by Sleepy_Tactician

I have better ways to spend my time than a volunteer map. I put in some time yesterday only because I had it. So please don't get on my case for something that I'm not getting anything in return for. I also have little experience, so don't judge me on that either.

Here's the file. (Btw, I already tried exporting to an.MAR file and it didn't work for me except to create a shortcut to Microsoft Access, so...)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7maaz0zqaaohdrb/Battle%20of%20the%20Tiers%20Map.FMP?dl=0

I have better ways to spend my time than a volunteer map. I put in some time yesterday only because I had it. So please don't get on my case for something that I'm not getting anything in return for. I also have little experience, so don't judge me on that either.

If that's your mentality then I was getting angry at the wrong person.

Don't bother offering your services if you only plan to half-ass it.

Okay, I put some shading in. (Admittedly, since this is gonna be a Ragefest hack...)

Generic War was a ragefest submission, and I had a beautiful map.

I don't really think "it's a ragefest" is a good reason to intentionally make a bad map. I'd rather play on a good looking map than a bad one. It's the same thing as making a terrible hack and then trying to be ironically funny by making dumb jokes throughout the story about how bad the hack is. Sometimes it's pretty funny, but usually it isn't.

Edited by Klok's Juicy Tits

I'm not trying to make it look bad. I'm saying that I don't feel I need to have this gorgeously made map because the level isn't about the map. It's about the difficulty.

You're right, it doesn't NEED to be gorgeously made. But, wouldn't you rather play on a map that has great difficulty AND looks great. Plus it will make you, the one who created the map, Look awesome for making such a great map. While nobody is forcing you to make a TLP tier map, You should always push yourself to do better. I get that you're a beginner. I am too. My first map that I'm still working on is sub par at best. That doesn't mean I'm just going to leave it be. I want it to be as amazing as possible. So I'll redo it as many times as it takes. Of course, we're talking about your map not mine. You should do what you feel is best for it. Just what everyone is saying is that you should always give your all in these things. Even if it isn't 100% necessary. It's the extra effort that makes all the difference.

Sorry for the rambling. This is just my two cents.

Edit:

http://gyazo.com/2716a82df8da5034b1166a8efcbff66d

^ This is my prologue map for my hack which will likely come out no time soon. Look at this ugly shit. My map needs a complete overhaul lol. If I submitted this shit to a markyjoe ragefest, he'd complain about it throughout the whole damn video. Because it's so bad, I have to redo it Otherwise my hack will forever be known for having a shit prologue. If you want a hack to be good (even if it's not yours) you should never settle for mediocrity. That's how hacks become memorable. Even if they're "just ragefests"
Edited by Sleepy_Tactician