Chapter 15 Bonus EXP Help

Is this chapter even possible to get the BXP without a promoted Marcia and Jill? I don't even care about finishing in the turn limit or getting all the treasure, I need that BXP since some of my characters are severely underleveled. (Including Marcia and Jill who are both only at level 13) For what its worth I do have a promoted Boyd who's tanky and strong enough to take down the Boss in 1-2 hits but here's the problem I keep running into...

I thought I finally had developed the perfect strategy to completing a pacifist run and for a second there it looked like I was about to succeed too! Here was my strategy:

Turn 1: Sothe goes to get the Guard, while Jill ferries Mordecai over to that little corner to get Stephan (everyone is unequipped btw)

Turn 2: Sothe goes to get Silver Blade, Jill still making her way over to that corner while being able to survive due to Laguz Guard

Turn 3: Sothe attracts the attention of the Hawk, gets attacked; survives, is rescued by Marcia and taken back over to the main group to get healed. Meanwhile Gatrie is shoved to the right to tank the incoming Laguz assault and protect the main group. Mordecai recruits Stephan who de-equips himself and tanks the Laguz in his corner, all while trying to look for the White Gem.

Turn 4: Main group injures some Laguz just enough so that they can go and heal instead of attack, prays to god that they don't critical which I'm usually lucky on that front, meanwhile Jill rescues Mordecai again and hurries back over to the main group.

The next few turns nothing noteworthy happens, just waiting for Jill while trying to tank/injure the charging Laguz- group is waiting for both Jill's return and for most of the Laguz guards at the top near Muraim to de-transform.

Eventually Jill finally gets back, drops Mordecai into the group and trades her Laguzguard to Marcia who equips it, by now most of the really dangerous top guards have de-transformed so it is safe for Marcia to rescue Boyd and travel up towards Muarim. She might get attacked by a few still transformed ravens/hawks while doing so but the Laguzguard is sufficient enough that she survives the whole trip. Meanwhile, back at the main group Volke goes to grab up the remaining treasure once the coast is clear and the Laguz near them start de-transforming.

Marcia drops Boyd a space away from the Boss, gets injured severely by one still transformed cat Laguz, survives but next turn has to ferry herself out of there back to main group, all while healing- ANNNND HERE IS WHERE MY PLAN ALL GOES WRONG!

I'm almost done I think to myself, I've done it and I'm finally ready to kill Muarim with Boyd's Forged Iron Bow so that he doesn't get counterattacked by him (since he can't survive two attacks from Muraim without the Laguzguard) AND JUST WHEN I'M ABOUT TO DO THAT SUDDENLY THE FUCKING DETRANSFORMED LAGUZ BOTH SURROUND HIM FROM ALL SIDES SO THAT HE CAN'T MOVE AND GET IN FRONT OF MURAIM TOO SO THAT HE CAN'T HIT!!!!!!

Now logic would dictate all Boyd should do is injure one of them enough so that next turn they can run away and heal right? WRONG! BOYD'S SO STRONG IN HIS PROMOTED LEVEL THAT ANY WEAPON HE USES ONE-SHOTS THEM IN THEIR DETRANSFORMED FORM THEREBY COMPLETELY NULLIFYING MY PACIFIST RUN AND I JUST UGHASLFDASKLJFSALKHFKJLDSAKL;FDJKLADFKL;AKL;SFJDALSJLKSFDASJFJKSDAJKLF RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

For what its worth this is supposed to be Easy Mode too! What gives? The enemy isn't supposed to be super smart and strategical on Easy Mode! Why the fuck are they still defending their Boss when they're in vulnerable human form and can easily get one-shotted by Boyd? What do I do? I need that over 1000 BXP badly cause I wanna use some characters in order to see their supports but this chapter seems like it really is impossible to complete Pacifist wise without a Promoted Marcia or Jill after all... Help? Is there some way to safely prevent those top guards from guarding Muarim without a promoted flying unit that has enough movement to either kill Muarim or drop another character right in front of him thereby preventing themselves from being blocked off? Or is it really impossible after all? :(

Please help!

Edited by EurAsianGirl

Maybe you could surround Boyd with Marcia and Jill on the 2 sides closest to Muarim? If you have more units try to cluster them in front of him and then just move them out of the way next turn; this way the untransformed guys can't completely box Boyd in.

This probably isn't the answer you want, but if you're trying to raise underlevelled units, the untransformed Laguz in this chapter are pretty great for it, and I believe they can give more than they would as BEXP.

I've done it myself but I had Soren with Elfire instead to kill Muarim in a ORKO who didn't need much rescuing because he kept his 6 movement in the sand unlike Boyd.

Don't forget to use the Laguzguad either.

Edited by Woodshooter

Welp I finally found a way to do it and managed to do it, basically what I did was have Marcie equip the Laguzguard and ferry Boyd to Muraim right at the beginning and instead of beating him with his Forged Iron Bow just drop him right in front of the Boss and hope for a Crit from his Killer Axe, the hoping worked. Boyd one-shoted him in the 3rd turn so not only did I spare all the Laguz but I also even managed to do it within the turn limit! I get to the next chapter and see that I have over 2100 BXP!!!!!! :0 Damn, they weren't kidding when they said pacifist run on easy gives you a ton, not only that but I did it within the time limit too, thereby getting the max BXP.

I'm kinda conflicted though... The problem with doing it so fast is that I had to forgo Stefan, since Jill couldn't get Mordecai there in time. I'm playing another file alongside this one (the one I'm playing now is the one I'm using for transfer purposes into Radiant Dawn) and in that one I took the "kill everyone" route so I managed to get Stefan and all the treasure, I know Stephan only has supports with Soren and Mordecai so its really not that big of a deal but considering this is my transfer file, how will this effect things regarding him in Radiant Dawn? Will I miss out on some extra dialouge/backstory/his recruitment in general or nothing at all? I just saved after the battle on one of my free files just in case, am waiting on everyone's answer on here on whether I should overwrite my original file and continue on with that as the transfer file, or start over the battle yet again.

Also to the last one who commented, I would've/should've used Soren but I hadn't been using his Fire Magic a lot and thus neither he nor Illyana could use Elfire so Boyd kinda was my only choice. :/

Edited by EurAsianGirl