Second Seals and How to Use Them.

Knotw

As most of us know, there are at least two second seals available early in the game. In this topic I want to compile a list of the best uses for the early seals. Anyway, I'll start with some of the obvious ones and we can work our way from there.

The List

1. Robin to whatever you need. Robin can switch to any class so he/she can fill whatever niche your army needs.

2. Sully to Wyvern Rider. Wyvern Rider gives Sully some much needed strength. Also, discipline helps her get out of E axes quickly and her preexisting lance rank will carry over when she promotes to Wyvern Lord.

2. Panne to Wyvern Rider. Panne is another unit that isn't very good without a seal but amazing with one. Panne is easier to train than Donnel though.

3. Chrom to Cavalier.

4. Donnel to Mercenary/Fighter. Donnel isn't nessesarily the best user of the early seals but he has to have one to be usefull at all so if you plan to use him then give him a seal.

Edited by Knotw

Robin for the fist Second Seal should be the first 20 places on this list; he/she is better with it than just about anyone else, to the point where everyone else is inferior outside of challenge runs with weird handicaps. Also Robin is going to be the first unit who is nudging the level 20 tier 1 cap anyway.

Donnel doesn't even belong on this list unless you're ranking "best for unit X" rather than "best for everyone". He takes forever to get going.

I'd add Gregor (instantly Sealable upon recruitment) to the list, personally.

I'd like to add Wyvern Rider Sully to the list. Panne has better growths as a Wyvern Rider, but Sully has some benefits like Discipline to get out of E Axes faster and having a pre-existing Lance rank if she promotes to Wyvern Lord instead of starting with E Lances like Panne would. It also helps deal with Sully's rather average strength stat.

Alright I moved Robin to the top and Donnel to the bottom of the list. Chrom and Sully were also added. I'd like some specific reclass suggestions for Robin and an explanation for Cavalier Chrom.

As a rule I'm going to at least need what a character is being reclassed to and preferably the reasoning behind the reclass as well.

Chrom@Cav gets a nice boost to Mov, Def and another weapon type, and if he promotes to GK and switches to GL at 10, he can then run Luna/Aether/RK which is fairly useful ingame. Discipline also gets him a high lance rank much quicker than if he waited an extra 10 levels and then promoted to GL, which is useful because he needs D Lances before he has a ranged attack.

As a force-deployed unit, it's a good idea to make sure he's as useable as possible.

Here's what I usually do:

Robin:Grandmaster

Chrom: Great Lord

Cherche: Wyvern Lord

Sully:Great Knight

I want people's thoughts

Erm, those are MASTER Seals you're thinking of...