What's the largest amount of money you spent on a video game series?

IceBrand

the MONSTER HUNTER series prob'ly

having spent $30 for tri, $250 for a wii u, and $60 for tri ultimate.

EDIT: oh yeah if you want to get technical,

the monster hunter series has cost me hundreds of dollars in gas driving out to meet the wonderful woman i did because of it. fuck the monster hunter.

Edited by Integrity

Pokemon easily. With all the cards, plushies, Anime, movies and figures I have bought and whatever other merchandise there is on top of all the games, it would easily go into the thousands I have spent on it. So far nothing else even comes close.

Dragon Quest series, I have the original five Dragon Warriors, all the DS remakes and IX, VIII, the 3DS remake of VII, the $400 Monsters 2 3DS, and am planning on getting the other JP 3DS titles. I also have a Yangus action figure, but I got it cheap in Vancouver's Metrotown, so it's not too much to brag about.

edit: I also have backup save files on my DS flashcard, computer and burned discs for VII, as I don't actually play VII with a legit disc, out of fear of damaging it, Suikoden II and Valkyrie Profile as well for that matter.

editedit: and DQI+II for the SFC and DQII for the FC. I want to get III and VI for the SFC because I loved them, and I might as well get V for the pretty box art and completionist purposes.

Edited by Maji

Most likely over $200CDN on all my Pokemon merch.Booster packs and boxes really add up.Either that,or over $1000CDN for all my Mario stuff.Fire Emblem,Pokemon and Sonic fade into the background with the shit load of Mario games I have...

Not extremely high, I guess DOA (around 400 $) or Zelda (probably 400-500$?). If I count 3DS for Pokemon, it should go up to 700 $.

Edit: I'm dumb, I played WoW for almost 8 years - that's 150 € in a year + transfers, maingame etc pp. I spent there at least 1400 €/1800$

Edited by Assurhaddon

I spent $280 importing Zero no Kiseki Evolution, Ao no KIseki Evolution, Sen no Kiseki, and Sen no Kiseki II (well, I haven't bought this one yet, since it isn't out, but I will as soon as pre-orders for the Korean version is available.

I've bought Sora no Kiseki FC twice - once on PSN, once on Steam.

I will buy Sora no Kiseki SC/3rd twice, too, if they come out on both Steam and PSN, which I presume they will.

Heck, I bought a Vita for the series.

So $500~$600-ish.

I've spent a lot on FE and Pokemon, too, though.

Probably Final Fantasy and it's not even my favorite series. I've bought every one new since 7, they beat my wallet with volume lol.

I would guess anywhere from $500-$700.

Edited by Tangerine

i've never purchased a system solely for one game, so i won't be counting those.

out of my own pocket: i can't tell you between ace attorney, fire emblem, and metal gear solid. i'm thinking fire emblem.

if i include my mom's money too, then metal gear solid.

Pokémon

All of the Pokémon

I've bought most of the games past the third generation myself, an utter fuckton of Pokémon cards for both me and my sister, as much toys/plushes as I think I can get away with, and movies~~~~~

When you take into account what my parents have bought for me, I fill out almost the entirety of the main games (only really missing a couple of the alternate versions, like LeafGreen, both Whites, and Sapphire) and a sizeable amount of older side games

Also every handheld from the Color to the DSi I got for the sole purpose of Pokémon, at least at first

Color for Crystal, Advance for Ruby, SP for FireRed/Emerald I think, DS Lite for Pearl, and a special edition Black DSi for, well Black. The 3DS and the XL are to this day the only handhelds I got for things not initially related to Pokémon

I think I have a problem but I don't care

Gotta spend it all

3 3DSs! Are they Fire Emblem 3DSs from different regions?

1. Japanese Fire Emblem Kakusei Pack 3DS (The Blue 3DS)

2. Japanese Ice White 3DS with Capture Card

3. American Flame Red 3DS with Capture Card.

Red, White, and Blue. Patriotism.

66.6% Japanese

33.3% American

100% Made in China

Edited by shadowofchaos