Who is the single best unit in Fire Emblem Awakening

It's Morgan for me.

Finally getting the DLC for Limit Breaker, and putting it on a 3rd gen Manakete Morgan, and watching loads of Dragon Ball Z power level talk in the same week produced some very amusing mental images in my head.

Lucina.

yes lucina

She has the best personality, she's pretty, and not a bad fighter either.

she's also in smash bros

You do know that this thread is talking about stats only, right?

Morgan

Morgan all the way.

Robin is gr8 too, but it can kinda depend. Both are crazy flexible, but Morgan more-so due to being 2nd gen.

Lucina can be good, but it can kinda depend. Usually on the mom.

DS+ can be on either partner, and Morgan can still get it anyway.

How can Morgan get a Lord exclusive skill when s/he can only get Aether/Rightful King from the Lord parent and can't access the Lord class? Did you mean Dual Support+?

Unquestionably Morgan by default for reasons listed by other users -- giant class skillpool, best stat caps (especially if Morgan is a third generation character), and the ability to have as many as 2 unique (gender/character exclusive) skills or having a unique class (Taguel or Manakete). And of course, only a third generation Morgan can achieve the highest in a possible stat as well as the only character that can deal the highest amount of damage in a single blow (636 IIRC).

Robin's good because they're very good for most (if not the entire) game and their skillpool rivals that of Morgan's (only slightly smaller due to being a first gen. character) -- the only thing that Robin truly has over Morgan is the giant list of supports.

The Avatar's second child is practically a clone of Morgan (if there were to be any differences whatsoever, it would only be present in the case that the children are gender opposites or if the other child is Lucina, and of course, the possibility of the player having the children inherit different skills). Still great, but stat caps may not match up to that of 3rd gen. Morgan.

Edited by Roflolxp54

How can Morgan get a Lord exclusive skill when s/he can only get Aether/Rightful King from the Lord parent and can't access the Lord class? Did you mean Dual Support+?

Nope, just forgot about the auto-inherit. It's mostly a non-issue in the end.

But wouldn't Lucina-mothered Morgan have higher stats all around?

Also, people, please spell out "DS+" it confuses people, including me, because it can mean either Dual Support+ or Dual Strike+.

But wouldn't Lucina-mothered Morgan have higher stats all around?

Also, people, please spell out "DS+" it confuses people, including me, because it can mean either Dual Support+ or Dual Strike+.

The higher stats can't make up for lack of DS+. Maybe +Skl/-Def Robin x Sumia!Lucina for wtf proc rates without having to use RFK. DS+ has crazy value.

DS+ - Dual Strike+

DSu+ - Dual Support+

Avatar!Lucy has DS+, Lucy!Morgan doesn't. I'd put Avatar!Lucy at #1.

I think this is probably the best answer.

I'd much rather have DS+ and both Rightful King and Aether than a couple of extra stats.

DS+

Rightful King

Aether

Ignis

Galeforce

I think that's the absolute best character in the game assuming her mother is Robin.