[RESULTS are up!] Contest: Create your FE: Midnight Sun weapon!

Alfred Kamon

I assumed the Uncounterable was where you can't attack an enemy who has that byte. I guess I thought wrong. (Nemesis is a tool of safety, which is why I thought Uncounterable would stop enemy from attacking the user when the user attacks)

Edit:

Whoop forgot to congratulation the winners.

Good job winners, your efforts brought you fortune, so go get lucky!

Edited by Fateborn

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so close to the top 10

the uncounterable effect is kinda unnecessary, now to think about it. About it being OP, it's intentional since originally i want to make Ascalone into an exclusive weapon, but who mains lances in the game?

Edited by deer hands

If it had to win, I'd change it a bit to make it fit into the game.

Like, 88 uses, or even infinite uses.

It'll be a postgame easter egg Summoning Orb that Promoted!Faratrass can use. (Summoning Orbs are monster weapons exclusive to Faratrass that, precisely, allow you to summon monsters in battle) For example, "Sum. Achilletaur (Description: Summons an Achilletaur with a Devil Scythe)" will basically be a stronger Devil Scythe with infinite uses (strong vs. religious, devil effect). "Sum. Skeleton (Summons a Skeleton with a Killer Bow)" will have higher crit, but lower Mt than a normal Killer Bow (because a Skeleton is unpromoted) etc. The animation is very simple, there's Faratrass opening a portal, and the monster comes out from there and attacks.

So Sum. Batmobile should be pretty doable. Perhaps with a zombie cosplayer driving it in the animation. /bahah

Alfred, didn't you say you'd do something like this if the Batmobile won? I was wondering if you still remember this over the past few weeks.

And can someone tell me what the Batmobile's effects were? Klok's image is broken now and I can't see what it originally was.

#16 Ice Spear 11/10/5 = 1,77

IceSpear_zps2792d613.png?t=1409450924

It's... simple. Very simple. Basically a bow-javelin?

Pros: fair concept, this kind of javelin could add something to the gameplay

Cons: it's a little too simple...

#16-2 ThunderBld 8/11/3 = 1,77

ThunderBld_zps820d3695.png

Interesting enough. But 1-8 range is a bit unfair. Bolting couldn't counter, this sword can. However, it's not OP-- it can't double, after all.

Pros: Nice concept, might be interesting to test the 1-8 range.

Cons: For a weapon with 1-8 range, 12 Mt is a bit too much.

Wow, 16th Place. Better than I expected, but still pretty terrible.

For the first one, yeah. That's pretty much exactly what I had in mind. It's pretty much there just in case your archers somehow ends up bad (which they usually do). It'd probably be better off as a regular ol' weapon, honestly.

As for the second one, I had planned on it not being able to counter at 2-8 range, only at 1. That WAS the intention, but I forgot to put it on the thingy. So, yeah. Error on my part.

Yeah, that was fun.

In hindsight, I probably should have submitted the Energy Axe instead of the Hell's Axe. I simply wanted to make a devil's axe that was even more powerful while maintaining the risk, maybe giving you the incentive to take a gamble. Obviously it didn't work out in the end...oh well, at least Tempest performed well.

Alfred, didn't you say you'd do something like this if the Batmobile won? I was wondering if you still remember this over the past few weeks.

I said that was the plan, not that I'd be willing to work on it.

After all, all of those ASM-y things and the custom magic animation weren't included in the options of the first post.

I still accepted creative entries like that, but you can't blame me now if I don't want to work 40+ hours for it. That list was created for a reason, and most of the partecipants followed it. If the creator takes responsibility and provides me the material, I'll insert it as planned. But it seems Klok is trying to transform it into something else now? Just don't make it too different from the original, Klok, otherwise the contest would make no sense -- the people voted that Batmobile, after all. Still curious to see what you're going to pull out at this point anyway. :3

so close to the top 10

the uncounterable effect is kinda unnecessary, now to think about it. About it being OP, it's intentional since originally i want to make Ascalone into an exclusive weapon, but who mains lances in the game?

A Prf OP weapon doesn't justify the fact that it's OP. There isn't much difference between killing the difficulty of the game with any lance user, or with the lance user. You still ruin the fun of a chapter. A strong but not OP Prf weapon is fine, though. Makes the character stand out more.

I simply wanted to make a devil's axe that was even more powerful while maintaining the risk, maybe giving you the incentive to take a gamble.

I think the Hailfang did a better job at that. It's more powerful than your standard devil weapon, but at the same time it's creative and unique. Giving a simple str boost is a quite lazy design for a creative contest.

Yeah, Tempest was cool though.