Assets/Flaws

Ok, so this is something that I have considered quite a bit. What are the best assets and flaws for the Avatar in FE Awakening? I feel like it varies from mode to mode, although HP is almost always the flaw that I pick. For assets:

Normal: Magic or Speed

Hard: Probably Magic, maybe Speed

Lunatic: Probably Defense, maybe Magic

Lunatic +: Defense

I mean, I guess you could also make strength a flaw, but I wouldn't. Post your opinions on this.

I've seen +HP work in Lunatic+. It gives a small bonus to defense growths, and having more HP than your enemies makes you semi-reliably counter-proof.

Normal: anything goes

Hard: I guess anything goes but never played Hard mode myself to see

Lunatic(+): +Defense, +HP, +Spd; -Lck, -Skl (really anything goes, but the following Assets and Flaws are typically the easier ones to have early game)

What I used:

Normal: +HP/-Lck

Hard: N/A (never attempted)

Lunatic: +Def/-Lck

Lunatic+: +HP/-Lck

Edited by Roflolxp54

Normal ~ Lunatic No Grind : Any

Lunatic+ Grind : Any (You don't need to use MU in Grind mode's Prologue ~ Ch.4)

Lunatic+ No Grind : Probably +Def?

The most optimal asset/flaw for Apotheosis: +Mag -Def

Alternative ones:

+Str -Def/Mag/Res (only recommended for making Vaike!Gerome!Morgan, -Mag/Res don't hurt LCK which affects hit rate)

+Skl -Def (only recommended for making mass 100% Dual Strike pairs)

+Spd -Def (only recommended for making Lon'qu!Severa!Morgan)

I think Def flaw Lunatic can be considered it's own difficulty lol. Def flaw is shooting yourself in the foot.

Lunatic is fine, since you can feed every single kill but one to the Avatar in the Prologue with no risk.

Lunatic is fine, since you can feed every single kill but one to the Avatar in the Prologue with no risk.

Yes, but you still have to hope your Def keeps up with your power leveling. No good comes from a Def flaw.

The problem with that is that Def flaw is worse then shooting yourself in the foot - it's shooting yourself in the foot, having the bullet ricochet back into the gun, AND having the gun explode, taking your arm off. Spd and HP flaw is also no bueno for Lunatic.