Frosty's Extremely "Awful" Graveyard of Splices

Frosty

Even though people say I'm actually capable of pulling off splices of various FE mugshots, I'm still not quite convinced with it. So yeah, I decided to call my Spriting Thread a "Graveyard" because I still think I stink and suck horribly.

Anyways, time to burn and bleed everyone's eyes out with my stuff because it seems that is my talent.

NOTE: These are my stuff way back in the past; I'm still trying to get my splicing skills back and I'm a sucky and rusty knife already.

In FE6/FE7 Colors:

89663.png89662.png88953.pngphoto-2121.gif

94673.png94674.png94675.png94532.png
94653.png94654.png94494.png91499.png94327.png94214.png91735.png91502.png93763.png89031.png91740.png87657.png87774.png87339.png91664.png93839.png91923.png91761.png91572.png93841.png93765.png

In FE8 Colors:

91663.png91732.png91667.png91736.png91670.png

I hope your eyes have burnt and bled out...

Oh, and you may suggest me a set of characters to work out with. I'm really a rusted knife.

Edited by Lord of the Cactus

So much fucking blue, mate.

Oh my apologies, NICKT.

Apparently when I made these stuff; I was in a "Blue Phase" and it's my favorite color, whoops... hence the excess amount of Blue in some splices.

I already overcame that phase though thankfully.

These are actually pretty good! The ones with the hoods, are their eyes supposed to look like theyre glowing?

And...Blizzard caster! Long time no see...remember me from FERP?

Edited by Dragoncat

These are actually pretty good! The ones with the hoods, are their eyes supposed to look like theyre glowing?

And...Blizzard caster! Long time no see...remember me from FERP?

Yes, I remember you! Been a while TBH...

Oh, uh... Thanks and nope; those people with hoods especially the voracious shaman girl has turquiose-ish eyes hence they look like glowing.

I'm no expert by any means...but maybe if you use a darker color for the eyes, they won't look that way. Unless that's what you want, in that case, don't :)

Then again, I'm a mad scientist in my spriting. I just experiment on and on like they're test subjects.

My concept was supposed to have her with Turquoise eyes. IIRC, I used Tate's hair color for her eyes.

EDIT: Say, I'm gonna give this guy some blinking and talking frames and a chibi too.

94494.png

Is there a guide that will help me pull off those blinking/talking frames whilst at the same time, make a chibi flawlessly?

Then again, I'm a mad scientist in my spriting. I just experiment on and on like they're test subjects.

My concept was supposed to have her with Turquoise eyes. IIRC, I used Tate's hair color for her eyes.

EDIT: Say, I'm gonna give this guy some blinking and talking frames and a chibi too.

94494.png

Is there a guide that will help me pull off those blinking/talking frames whilst at the same time, make a chibi flawlessly?

That's probably my favorite of all your works, your best, if I may say so.

As for framing, reference the original pieces to see how IS managed them both on the part you used if splicing or just how they worked in general.

This might give a couple tidbits it you don't know any of it already.

35jmgow.png

Also this, just in-case.

2itlb3m.png

The fact that they're all clean splices says a lot, and most of them look fairly unique. Often I see people just slapping raven/rutger/eliwood's face on a mage and calling it a day, but you mix and match faces around and that's the most important thing you can do to making a splice stand out.

Oh my apologies, NICKT.

Apparently when I made these stuff; I was in a "Blue Phase" and it's my favorite color, whoops... hence the excess amount of Blue in some splices.

I already overcame that phase though thankfully.

amg picasso

That's probably my favorite of all your works, your best, if I may say so.

As for framing, reference the original pieces to see how IS managed them both on the part you used if splicing or just how they worked in general.

This might give a couple tidbits it you don't know any of it already.

35jmgow.png

Also this, just in-case.

2itlb3m.png

OMG! Thank you so much! This would be helpful!

The fact that they're all clean splices says a lot, and most of them look fairly unique. Often I see people just slapping raven/rutger/eliwood's face on a mage and calling it a day, but you mix and match faces around and that's the most important thing you can do to making a splice stand out.

Oh, uh... Thanks, I guess.

amg picasso

IT WAS A PHASE!

Also to update my stuff with moar old and very crappy stuff.

94108.png91662.png94608.png91503.png

Attempt on making some pretty trappy mugs... This first one seems to work; and it's my old entry on a Splicing Competition here (Knoll + Cormag + Syrene)... Your call if it's a dude or a gal.

91738.png

Failed attempt to do a second trap... Ugh...

87296.png

Fun Fact: Each one of these mugs has a name assigned to them because I feel like it's a good idea to name em', just saying.