45 members have voted

1. 1. Which Route?

2. 2. Tethys?

This is my first try at doing one of these screenshot LP things, so I thought I should do something simple. Feedback is very appreciated.

Rules:

• Lute is the only character who may fight (duh).
  • The only units who may be deployed are Lute, Colm or Rennac (for thief utility only), any unit needed to recruit another unit, any forced units, and Tethys (maybe. See below).
  • All units must be recruited. If multiple units can recruit a unit, I can choose which one to use (for example, either L'arachel or your main lord can recruit Rennac, so I can choose which to recruit him with).
  • In the Prologue and chapters 1, 2, 3, and 5x, since I don't have Lute anyone can be used.
  • Arenas, Skirmishes, The Tower, and The Ruins can not be used to grind.
  • Non-Lute that fit into one of the categories in rule 2 can visit villages, shops, and armories.
  • Whether I go on Eirika's route or Ephraim's Route will be voted on in a poll.
  • If a loss condition is met, I must restart the chapter.
  • This will be on difficult mode.
  • No using other units for meatshields.
  • Eirika and Artur can be used in chapter 4 until Lute is recruited. I must try to recruit Lute as quickly as possible though.
Loss Conditions:
  • Any character dies.
  • Any character is not recruited.
  • Any character other than Lute attacks or counterattacks an enemy (even if it does 0 damage or misses)(unless the unit is currently green or red).
  • Any character other than Lute uses a staff.
Tethys:

I'm not sure whether I should use Tethys or not. On one hand, you could say that Tethys dancing could make the game less of a solo, but on the other hand, you could say that it would be more challenging because I'd have to protect Tethys with only one unit. Decide in the poll.

That's about it. I'll probably update this once a week, maybe twice. Depends on school stuff. The first update should come sometime this weekend, and I'll try to fit the first 3 chapters and the prolouge into it, so we can get to the real challenge quickly.

Edited by Integrity

I'd say either route would be fine but you'd have a slightly easier time with Ephriam's route for reasons.

No Tethys because while she's helpful normally like any dancer/bard/heron is, in a Lute Solo, not so much just because you'd have a tough time protecting her with just one unit.

^ I don't really feel as if Tethys is necessary. She can't even give stat boosts or anything so...

However, how is C15 going to work? Regardless of which route you take, I don't think it's possible to get to the other end of the map fast enough to prevent the other lord from getting into combat. Or, well, it might be possible on Eirika route since Ephraim comes as a reinforcement but then I'm not sure you'd be able to protect Eirika.

How is chapter 4/5 going to work? I don't think you have enough Fire uses to even complete 4, much less get to the shop in 5. Perhaps add a proviso that in 4 Lute must be used as much as possible and then anything goes, and Vanessa is allowed to fetch Fires in 5?

Also make an amendment for Chapter 4, as Lute doesn't join immediately, and you cannot possibly get to the village without /someone/ being attacked (even if you rescue Eirika/Artur with Vanessa, and carry them to the village). Enemy - Land coverage is too much, and the aggros mean that someone at the top will get hit. That, and you have 2 mandatory deployment characters, but only 1 flier.

How is chapter 4/5 going to work? I don't think you have enough Fire uses to even complete 4, much less get to the shop in 5. Perhaps add a proviso that in 4 Lute must be used as much as possible and then anything goes, and Vanessa is allowed to fetch Fires in 5?

If I get Chapter 4 and Lute doesn't have enough fire uses, I'll make a slight amendment to the rule. Also, last time I played this game I was able to buy from the shop in the prep screen.

Also make an amendment for Chapter 4, as Lute doesn't join immediately, and you cannot possibly get to the village without /someone/ being attacked (even if you rescue Eirika/Artur with Vanessa, and carry them to the village). Enemy - Land coverage is too much, and the aggros mean that someone at the top will get hit. That, and you have 2 mandatory deployment characters, but only 1 flier.

I was going to use Vannessa to fly down and recruit Lute. Guess I forgot to put that in the OP. It's there now.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the prep screen shop.

EDIT: I'm trying this out on a whim; Ch 4 wasn't bad, but trying to avoid getting Eirika and Natasha killed AND save all the villages in 5 is pretty damn hard. Took a few rigged dodges. Currently stuck on 11 Ephraim mode; Lute's killing everything (of course) but it's (so far) impossible to prevent Ephraim from getting wrecked by gargoyles and mogalls.

Edited by Tequila

So I have the prologue done, but I'm having trouble getting the pictures to work in a post. Could someone tell me how to put pics in a post? It would also be nice if someone could tell me how to put words into the parentheses next to the show spoiler button.

{spoiler='Spoiler Title'}

words

{/spoiler}

Replace the { } with [ ].

Also, when loading in pictures, use the code {img}HTTP://WEBSITE.COM/IMAGE1010101.jpg{/img}

You MUST have the .png, .jpg, or .gif for the image to load in.

Edited by Sara.

The Prologue is here! I'll be focusing on Eirika until I get Lute.

[spoiler=Prologue]

kyASHBG.png

*obligatory title screen picture*

eRHpAdp.png

Difficult eh? I'll be the judge of that.

Is6AV8C.png

Blah blah blah, skip skip skip.

LFXOu4g.png

Chapter 0!

4TdRTcL.png

It's always bad news, never any good news.

(accidentaly skipped the rest of the castle scene. Whoops.)

5hmR42e.png

m0CZvLv.png

I'm sure they'll be able to spare tons of troops.

BIUdeq8.png

rcElDuD.png

I'm not sure Eirika likes doing it that way, but whatever.

YfRWpIr.png

No...

H9ua3iD.png

Whoa Valter, I don't think Seth is quite ready for something that intimate yet.

iPTcuVe.png

'Tis but a flesh wound!

xnqxcV0.png

Valter's been on that wyvern for too long. He doesn't understand that horses can't fly.

ISs92xI.png

KhuLUkw.png

You just had to open your mouth Seth.

HH4Z4rx.png

Gimme that vulnerary!

ZWMXmUD.png

Hooray for chokepoints!

CuhbKSA.png

Really!? He hit with a 39!?

xr3VDc0.png

You deserve that crit Eirika. Sweet revenge!

MaiwIbd.png

At least one of them missed.

85Fz2g5.png

What are vulneraries anyway? Why can't we see what's in the bag!

BT3MXYR.png

14 crit working wonders.

Sh2KvTc.png

Thanks captain obvious!

50r1xnE.png

Convenient forest is convenient.

M89XW64.png

Two people have already died dude.

o3HM4G7.png

Something Eirika can't double? 0/10, would not play again.

Xz6YcZ4.png

That had to hurt.

xT7c0LT.png

He hit with a 25... of course, why wouldn't he hit?

jSmjIcW.png

Well, now he's dead.

yoSTJ44.png

At least she got resistance?

afpCC4K.png

That's probably from earlier when you told her to get behind you. I told you she doesn't like it like that.

jY7Bj6T.png

No, THIS IS SPARTA!!!

uNd3qv5.png

What did you think it would be, flowers and cotton candy?

bJj7TMj.png

It's simple. They did it because SPOILERS REDACTED.

kfoasdM.png

Only half of that is going to work out.

I know I said I would try to get Prolouge through Chapter 3 done today, but that was before I knew how long this took. I should have much more time to do this tommorow though, so look forward to that!

No update today. I did beat chapter 1, but it took over an hour, and it put me in a such a bad mood that I really don't feel like putting in all 60+ pictures right now. The update will come soon.

I think for the next two chapters I'll let people other than Eirika fight as well. Maybe then it won't take so long.

Edited by DizzyWaddleDoo

Update time! So I decided that I'll be updating this once a week, probably on Saturdays. Since I know these first few chapters are going to be boring thanks to no Lute, I've decided to skip them, as well as 5x. The level ups from chapters 1-3 and 5x will be shown in this post. The levels from chapter 1 are up currently, and the levels from chapters 2 and 3 will be up sometime this week. Chapter 4 will come in one week, on the 20th of september, and then we'll finnally have Lute!

Chapter 2 levels are here.

Chapter 3 levels are here.

[spoiler=Chapter 1 Levels]

Eirika Level 3

kVYwYo8.png

Eirika Level 4

j8RLiCo.png

Eirika Level 5

cNPihmF.png

Eirika Level 6

SGJ0UaQ.png

[spoiler=Chapter 2 Levels]