Level 30 Growth Help

Furyhaven

I'm currently working on a Fire Emblem 8 hack, in which all the characters have their own animation, meaning the enemies don't replicate any usable units classes. Units also don't class up, but go to level 30. I did this so I had more class animations and class slots to work with. I'm going with the original chapter count of 21 with a 5 chapter split choice. I'd like all characters that you choose to use to be able to make it to level 30 by the end, and max most of their stats.

Does anyone have any tips for the character's growths so I can accomplish what I'm trying to do without people ending up unbalanced?

I have max stats for the characters that will appear for the first six chapters as well. If anything is amiss please let me know.

Class HP,S/M,Skl,Spd,Lck,Def,Res Total Ability | Weapon
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Main Lords.
Swordsman 50, 27, 31, 31, 30, 20, 20 = 209 Silencer | Swords
Archer 55, 25, 31, 29, 30, 22, 21 = 212 Summon | Bows
Healer 45, 31, 30, 30, 30, 15, 27 = 213 | Healing, other non offensive abilities
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Other Characters
General 60, 29, 25, 23, 30, 30, 24 = 251 Super Armor | Lances
Greak Kn. 60, 28, 24, 23, 30, 28, 25 = 248 Horse | Axes
Lanceman 50, 24, 27, 28, 30, 26, 25 = 210 | Lances, Magic
Swordsman 50, 24, 30, 31, 30, 21, 23 = 209 Crit +15 | Swords
Hero 55, 25, 30, 26, 30, 25, 22 = 213 | Swords
Thief 50, 21, 28, 31, 30, 21, 20 = 201 Avoid +15 | Knives
Lanceman 51, 25, 29, 29, 30, 24, 22 = 210 | Lances
*These next three also have their own inherit class spells that make their classes differ.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fire Mage 52, 31, 26, 27, 30, 24, 28 = 217 | Magic
Lightning M. 51, 28, 25, 31, 30, 21, 25 = 210 | Magic
Wind Mage 49, 24, 29, 29, 30, 20, 22 = 203 Crit +15 | Magic
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any help is appreciated.
*another side note, as a way to replace classing up, there will be items that make it so certain classes can use other items.Like a Hero using swords that uses the special item makes the Hero use Swords and Axes.
Edited by Furyhaven

if you don't want class-ups, it may be difficult to balance well due to the lack of promotion gains; it makes it all the easier to get RNG-screwed, so you may want to go to higher levels of growths and/or have a fair amount of statup items

I might also suggest caps higher than 30, but I don't know how far of a scale you want to go with your project

as for the weapon change... you'd probably have to program your own item somehow, but a method you might try is to simply make it so using the item (which would need to be class or character-locked) adds weapon EXP to the weapon of choice

I see. What do you mean by start up items? Like stat boosts or what?

I also didn't realize you could go higher than level 30, the level cap editor is actually a module I haven't opened yet. I thought I heard somewhere that it only goes to 30 and I guess I ran with the idea without looking into it.

Do you think if I set the level cap to something like 45, I could keep the growths relatively the same as how they are?

As for the Item thing, I figured as much. My friend is learning ASM to do all the odd things like this. But the weapon EXP idea is grand, I feel like that could happen with much less work.

levels going that high isn't too great for the RNG-screwing reason, and by higher caps I meant stats going up to 40 or even 50 or higher depending on whatever level cap you wanted to go for

an idea that just occurred to me was perhaps having a high level cap and high stat caps, but everyone has at least 100% growth in each stat, so that they get a guaranteed increase per level, but still has a chance to get +2 in a stat, although enemies will also need to be balanced well enough to deal with that

just a theoretical idea to play with, even if it might be too traditional RPG-like

Edited by Lamia

Lamia, you just gave me an idea. Growths that increase or decrease depending on the z-score of the stat (as opposed to its mean), so if your def is waaay below average, it gets bumped up, like +40%(of the growth rate, not an absolute amount) or something. Conversely, if str is a bit above average it get bumped down by 33%. Lemme stick this on FEU as my next project.