Gifs are annoying...

Magical Glace

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the case of the Sigs... Are mods not allowed to ignore specific Sigs?

You can just turn those Sigs off.

why don't you just ignore their sig?

oh wait :V

You've probably both guessed it, but I need to see all sigs so that I know when to start purging.

Gifs are wonderful. You guys just need to lighten up.

Gifs are great in the right context and when saved for a good moment. But when people just insert them everywhere...

It's like people think it makes them cooler or will make people take them more seriously, but just like many things people think will do that, it has the opposite effect.

A thread dissing gifs?

91LXIKO.gif

This is a good gif.

I like gifs when used sparingly and appropriately.

why don't you just ignore their sig?

look man if i ignored gif sigs i wouldn't be able to check every single one to make sure the file size isn't a single kilobyte over three hundred and issue a smug and self-righteous five point warn about it

It's like people think it makes them cooler or will make people take them more seriously, but just like many things people think will do that, it has the opposite effect.

You know, some people use gifs in a similar fashion as emoji. You know how its hard to convey a tone or expression through text, and there really isnt an emoji to express a feeling. So a reaction gif gets posted in order to convey just what that person is trying to get through.

Why do you gotta kill the joy?

[spoiler=ya know?]

tumblr_lpzxv423MG1qfhlsm.gif

A picture is worth a thousand words. An animated picture, even more.

You know, some people use gifs in a similar fashion as emoji. You know how its hard to convey a tone or expression through text, and there really isnt an emoji to express a feeling. So a reaction gif gets posted in order to convey just what that person is trying to get through.

Why do you gotta kill the joy?

[spoiler=ya know?]

tumblr_lpzxv423MG1qfhlsm.gif

A picture is worth a thousand words. An animated picture, even more.

I think conveying emotions through text is a lot easier than people make it out to be, and an accompanying gif typically does absolutely nothing to help me understand better how a person feels.

But hey, if they're kept spoiler'd like that, it's a win-win. You get to put your gif in and I don't have to look at it all the time when reading your post.

thumbsupcomputerkid.gif

I like this gif.

I just wonder why you have the same gif twice in your sig.

For maximum trolling.

Sad thing is when I'm on the WiiU browser one gets pushed to a new line, making my sig take up twice the room. This annoys me to no end - I ended up trolling myself!

Uhhh

Not really~

There are plenty other SFers way more deserving of that x3

Your name is a variant of "Katherine" which was associated with the greek word "katharos" meaning "pure". (Or innocent) :P

Edited by Naughx