Which Characters Do You Keep the Same?

Maxkibram

Awakening, unlike most other Fire Emblems, encourage the player to experiment with character classes and find what works best for them. This being said, which characters who's original classes do you tend to keep the same throughout your playthroughs. And when I say original classes I'm including promotions as well.

IE: Turning Severa into a Hero or a Bow Knight is still keeping her in her original class.

Pretty much most people, oops!

i only definitely reclass Panne to Wyvern Knight. I can either never decide which new class the others should get, or I don't want any more mages/physical units.

I keep most of, if not all of my characters the same throughout their first promotions.

Later though after their first advanced class I definitely throw them around different classes to grab some skills in it is a save that I'm going to put some extra time into.

All of the prepromotes. They generally haven't gotten enough levels for me to need to class change, although Frederick might be the exception in my No Pair Up run.

For me, everybody but Donnel -- for the case of Donnel, I put him in the Hero class as his final class (though I made sure that he has A-rank in bows so he can go into the Warrior and Bow Knight classes, both of which have maxed capped stats with Limit Break, without being denied stuff like Brave weapons if I ever feel like it).

Morgan is also reclassed (in gameplay) since I made her final class the Grandmaster class -- she starts off as a Pegasus Knight since I had Robin marry Cordelia.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Virion and Ricken. I like keeping people in similar reclasses, though, like Chrom as a Great Knight, or Vaike as a Berserker. (With the exception of my Avatar; Ninian as Chrom's Bride was too perfect.)

Mostly everyone gets back into their regular classes by the end of the game except my avatar, who usually ends up being a Warrior or Griffon Knight.

All of them.

There are "canon" promotions which I tend to use, for example Archer > Sniper, Wyvern Rider > Wyvern Lord, Pegasus Knight > Falcon Knight, but that's for OCD people like me. :P

Robin can be whatever you want so I keep mine as a Dark Knight despite it being basically a worse Grandmaster with more mobility.

Assuming maingame and only the units that I use until endgame... Pretty much only Sumia, Cordelia, Nowi and sometimes Cynthia. Postgame, almost nobody (changing each playthrough).

Robin can be whatever you want so I keep mine as a Dark Knight despite it being basically a worse Grandmaster with more mobility.

DK has the same Skl/Spd as GM, 1 more Mag and 2 more Def (and is only lacking 2 Str and 2 Res). It also gives defensive pairup bonuses, which are great in maingame. So even without the mobility advantage, DK is actually better than GM in maingame (not counting skills).

Assuming maingame and only the units that I use until endgame... Pretty much only Sumia, Cordelia, Nowi and sometimes Cynthia. Postgame, almost nobody (changing each playthrough).

Oh, somehow I forgot about Sumia and Cordelia (and Cynthia, I guess). I usually go Pegasus Knight -> Dark Flier -> Falconknight for them.

I leave everyone with their standard advanced class changes with going for the skills I need that is why dlc micaiah annoys me because I leave her as a sorcerer which has no use for shadow gift I also did this in the sacred stones so I never had any wyvern knights but I will say I had plenty of summoners

I leave mostly everyone as is. It's not a smart idea, but it just feels right if they literally have their portrait classes, with the only exceptions being Lissa as a sage, Maribelle as a valkyrie and Brady as a War Priest. If I'm ever bored with that, Olivia, Cherche, and my female avatar get turned to brides and a ton of guys get turned to dread fighters.

DK has the same Skl/Spd as GM, 1 more Mag and 2 more Def (and is only lacking 2 Str and 2 Res). It also gives defensive pairup bonuses, which are great in maingame. So even without the mobility advantage, DK is actually better than GM in maingame (not counting skills).

Thanks for the heads up. Actually considering my Robin build, Dark Knight is better since my flaw is Str anyway.

Almost no one.

Screw normal classes, I love to experiment with such things as Archer!Tharja, Myrm!Stahl, or Troubadour!Miriel.

I think the normal classes are boring, and that reclassing is fun, especially if not going for stats. It adds a lot of replayability and it's why I've played through Awakening 6 times.

There are "canon" promotions which I tend to use, for example Archer > Sniper, Wyvern Rider > Wyvern Lord, Pegasus Knight > Falcon Knight, but that's for OCD people like me. :P

This.

Apart from a couple of exceptions here and there, I like to keep things as 'canon' as possible.