FE7 Chaos Mode Blazing Saddles LP by Teq (COMPLETE)

Tequila

HeheheheheHEHEHEHEHEH I love how trolly this chapter is with the fog. Too bad you turned it off though. You realize Aureola boosts staff range right? You can spam torch all over with savestates and get the same effect as turning off fog, but less cheaty.

I do give the player options after all :(

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HeheheheheHEHEHEHEHEH I love how trolly this chapter is with the fog. Too bad you turned it off though. You realize Aureola boosts staff range right? You can spam torch all over with savestates and get the same effect as turning off fog, but less cheaty.

I do give the player options after all :(

Wait, you left the Torch staff in the game? Do you realize what you've done!?!?!?!? Mwahahahahaha!!!!!

Well, I'm not turning it off to actually play it. I just turned it off to have a look at what I should be expecting. For instance, I now know that the sniper that suicides on Jaffar by turn 2 has something nice, so if I want the warp staff, I have to rescue him fairly quickly. When I actually do the chapter I'll turn the fog on again.

I didn't know Aureola boosts staff range. But I dunno how helpful that is since I'm assuming Aureola is S rank, and so it can't boost Rescue range.

[spoiler=What happens in the Retard Manse...(Part 1)]

VdTWMic.png

I WISH YOU LUCK

BY1l26i.png

I like this title very much.

rt3CPSm.png

Y so srs?

21BRnRf.png

Nah, she's a bitch, she won't be.

m8UJrWH.png

*sniggersnigger*

dKLSF8f.png

"...so that we can have a giant orgy."

JrHAP9A.png

I think Jaffar and the surprise buttsex shtick has been overused, but the thing is, it really fits the picture well.

vbxoSEp.png

CAUSE SHE A BITCH

V22WsFI.png

Say, didn't you forget something? Like, ya know, preventing FE6?

cet2wL1.png

OH HELLO BLUE CROW

kPqqsAt.png

Ursula wants Jaffar all to herself, and Nino's in the way.

OWK7OlO.png

Well, that escalated quickly.

kAHUnDf.png

AND I LOOK FABULOOOOOOOOOOUS

81VU5zC.png

I keep reading that as retard maze, despite the fact that I know what a manse is.

w55RbkC.png

Nah, let him rot.

nGiJd9Q.png

Well...guess it was time. Some other items get used: Lowen gets an icon, Lucius gets a robe, Lyn gets an icon and energy ring, Sain gets 2 icons.

udaOi1w.png

THE CREW: Dorcas is benched this time in favor of Lucius and the Duradel.

lPJ3lFC.pngn9HRFL6.pngqeQHIv1.png

We open up things with a bang, cause I need that tome.

bEvRwC1.png

Lyn prepares for Mr. Fabulous.

oR8g7zT.png

I really need to start using these efficiently...by which I mean, actually giving them to people.

t0Qaddp.png

Right, let's get you out first.

j0H9PlP.png

Raven takes the Rescue staff from Marcus and rescues Bartre, who will go left. Serra has the only door key to open the right side.

nlwXzfI.png

I didn't even know Lyn could talk to Zephiel.

PmasuRS.pngDkfi3AS.png

Mr. Fabulous comes out of the shadows, but doesn't get critted this time. Still, another hit from Lyn will finish him.

0u0X4eI.png

Or not.

y8bodli.png1C14Oix.png

Did I not just rescue you? What the hell are you doing back there? Also, he has 2 elixirs now. Interesting. (Not two regal blades, though).

mUmINpq.png

He died as he lived: gay and proud.

1BBLCsf.png

Marcus takes a rescue staff that I got earlier (from killing a warrior) from Merlinus and then rescues Zephiel, hopefully for the last time.

cSv1zYi.pngnvM2gs2.png

While Raven, with the help of Aureola, grabs Jaffar. Those stats...DAMN!

7vRXpK5.png

Pretty darn nice, actually.

aauXyap.png

Ok.

1LbqS5r.pngmpC8sgH.png

He was gonna KO someone (I think Lucius) so I had to dispose of him.

vQsSCHA.png

Maxime's significantly less flashy brother bites the dust.

UzvhYyU.png

Lowen kills the eclipse sorcerer and gets a robe.

XmG2HSY.png

Sain gets a very nice level. Incidentally, I think he maxed defense.

z1MDJjH.png

NO RAVEN

On another note, he seems to be gaining xp faster as an archsage than he did as a sage after Klok's latest nerf. Probably shouldn't mention it, though.

omlavDI.png

Well you maxed the important ones (strength and defense).

3XWFHwh.png

This was from a sniper who thought a Delphi Shieldless Lowen was weak.

dYsuB0n.png

On the right side, Marcus rescues Nino and Lyn recruits.

n4jyHoo.png

Filled with the milk of human kindness?

I'll see myself out

29G0YFb.png

Didn't realize that the swordmaster near Ursula, which has an iron rune, moves. Well, he does. So I rescue Bartre with Raven, walk him east, and then rescue him with Marcus.

p0uPvG6.png

Meanwhile, Lowen goes exploring and finds...aww shit, I forgot about those. And the Armads guy is probably right behind him. RETREAT!

6SwaZY9.png

Well...there's only so much I can do. Let's hope Aureola-armed Raven can stand up to 4 attacks with legendary weapons.

alWky2m.png

Meanwhile on the right side, Serra and Lucius are ready with Sol Katti and Duradel in case Ursula moves.

lQUZSxg.png

Oh...why was I worried again?

8p04kKP.png

BAHAHAHA

4N0tYRP.pngdIQRNVZ.png

I left those assassins alive precisely so that Bartre would have less to do; since there's so many of them, each one loots a chest. As long as there are chests to loot, they ignore stealable items, which is nice.

X29fACf.png

Oh...that's a bit worse, especially if he crits. But he doesn't.

oa1CD7i.png

Jaffar get.

hDvuBEn.png

I think this is #4? Second this map, at least.

AncZR2H.pngTKloGXE.png

Hector finishes off the Eliwood clone.

mJrtjuc.pngcKNWTWr.pngu2lIxP0.png

Too bad Armads doesn't give any resistance; Raven crits with Lightning and 2 hits him.

wn3D12b.pnghsHMiud.png

All gone.

CQsINNM.pnghEl9jIe.png

You chose...poorly.

a86TDLA.png

I sent Lowen out to explore; he got hit by eclipse, a sniper, a shortbow, and then this stupid bishop critted. If he had an iron rune he'd have survived with 4 hp.

Character deaths: Serra (6), Matthew (4), Marcus (4), Rebecca (1), Lowen (4), Oswin (2), Lyn (2), Canas (5), Sain (4), Hector (4), Guy (2), Dorcas (5), Wil (3). Eliwood (4), Bartre (1), Lucius (3), Ninian (2), Isadora (1), Legault (1)

AXvaDrT.png3uogWdh.png

Lucius gets the same level, Raven gets a somewhat worse one.

MPIBBST.png

Huh? Why Fimbulvetr? I assume this is a glitch.

0t8yLBw.png

SPEED

NSGyUqu.png

STRENGTH FOR THE FLYING TANK

E3nGU5T.png

I am getting somewhat disappointed in you!

1lpVp4e.png

Lucius kills things with rapier, then Serra trades for tankiness.

Nothing happens. Ursula doesn't move.

lj5e2Zp.png

I decide to whack her with a steel sword cause why not (only ~20% hit though. It obviously misses).

53s5raA.png

Lucius gets one of Bartre's iron runes to make sure he doesn't get critted.

DKWrMvJ.pngbsdb4Dm.png

Well...that was kind of easy. I did make a savestate before Lucius attacked, just in case

hPsQJ6f.png

Which turns out to come in handy.

Character deaths: Serra (6), Matthew (4), Marcus (4), Rebecca (1), Lowen (5), Oswin (2), Lyn (2), Canas (5), Sain (4), Hector (4), Guy (2), Dorcas (5), Wil (3). Eliwood (4), Bartre (1), Lucius (3), Ninian (2), Isadora (1), Legault (1)

aluQiWo.pngrUqi2hH.png

I just rigged it until that eclipse missed. Wasn't too difficult.

KMM2oGT.png

I had hoped that that sorcerer would attack Lucius, so that Bartre could steal its red gem, but nooooooo; must have been set to not move, because it didn't even go within Bartre's blindspot. Hopefully the loss of 2.5k will not affect me too badly.

9Cif7A1.pngxiwUfwO.png

No idea who to use this on, frankly. Maybe Rath? I do get a heaven seal, and I currently don't have an Armads user.

mxiJRWu.png

Max strength, I believe.

KYUVD7R.png

So speedy and strong.

H4HnVv0.png

Aww fuck.

Character deaths: Serra (6), Matthew (4), Marcus (4), Rebecca (1), Lowen (6), Oswin (2), Lyn (2), Canas (5), Sain (4), Hector (4), Guy (2), Dorcas (5), Wil (3). Eliwood (4), Bartre (1), Lucius (3), Ninian (2), Isadora (1), Legault (1)

H4HnVv0.png

K, we'll get rid of you first (I killed a bishop with divine last time because he had a pretty high crit rate too)

mP6r5EB.png

Not as good as your previous one, but whatever.

e2c17o2.png

Swordmaster with Wo Dao, Hero with Brave sword, Sorcerer with Eclipse, Sage with Fimbulvetr, and Bishop with Divine. All versus Aureola Raven and (because I forgot to make Raven trade him a steel lance) horseslayer Lowen.

7zCv6Mw.png

Good start.

Udk6E2S.pngXBlKZQK.png

You poor sod. Capped strength again.

hjlDLk2.png

Double critted. Double tinks.

NRXQ7aK.png

Here comes the angel of death brigade.

HaJJa86.pngg8Widy9.png

And half of its members have met with an unfortunate accident.

[spoiler=What happens in the Retard Manse...(Part 2)]

gBxutwJ.png

What WTD

pPSHN7B.png72tGqzW.png

I took a chance. Exactly a OHKO.

l3H83px.png

The situation. It's pretty good, actually. There's a rather annoying Luna sorcerer to the SW (surprise surprise).

ZlaRwhV.png

YES

IoaimSp.png

Oh shit off.

SSrJULU.pngTmeWMTQ.png

All according to plan.

KeEe2Je.png

Cause you see, you're up against Wil, and no way out.

This is where I suddenly realize they're assassins and he has no iron rune.

xmhPIKz.png

Random heal level. Not bad.

NdiOpea.png

Resistance is great!

rOWq3Co.png

Dude, these 1 stat levels seriously need to stop.

ZHGS78g.png896SnY4.png

Almost there...

15QmhUJ.png

Fortunately for Wil, those assassins just dumbly stand there, like cattle led to the slaughter.

CAKlzFd.png

Jesus, how am I supposed to kill this guy!?

O8k70wN.pngoAqS4xw.png

Capped skill, and leaving the regal blade swordmaster as the only enemy left.

lSMoPLa.png

I decide not to waste legendaries trying to kill it; maybe Rex Hasta Lowen could have done it, but whatever. I got what counts.

eLEzC2y.png

No, we're just lulling you into a false sense of security.

wdNkQFm.png

Good idea.

lkN43tp.png

Hector, pictured here not mincing words.

OkoWpR5.png

MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE RETARD MANSE, HECTOR IS BLUNT

JQU0dvZ.pngXr2xKlA.png

Priorities. She has them.

he957PK.png

"Insolent nipples reported at 39th and Orange Avenue. Please advise."

LYE4K7y.png

O...k...

Zc33iWO.png

See above.

ygVeETS.png

"Son, it's a dog eat dog world out there."

FvR6Tkp.png

Use on Rath, or sell?

5Dj95pg.png

HELL YES. MINE GLITCH TIME. I THINK.

Character deaths: Serra (6), Matthew (4), Marcus (4), Rebecca (1), Lowen (6), Oswin (2), Lyn (2), Canas (5), Sain (4), Hector (4), Guy (2), Dorcas (5), Wil (3). Eliwood (4), Bartre (1), Lucius (3), Ninian (2), Isadora (1), Legault (1)

[spoiler=Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble.']

Ok, this mysterious screenshot overwriting is getting REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING. Does this happen to anyone else? After I finish each chapter, I put the pics into a folder and move them elsewhere, so the counter starts back at one. I'm not really watching what happens as I take more screenies though. Also, the overwriting happens at random points. Last time I got up to ~150, this time it started at 43.

AND I EVEN HAD A WHOLE BUNCH OF MACBETH JOKES LINED UP!

*shrug*

So this chapter is called Use the Mine, Stupid.

So I used them.

6Z5zX8X.png

I really was expecting every single enemy to have legendary weapons, but I guess that would have been slightly unfair. Still plenty.

I used the mine on the first turn with the archers to the east of the start. There was a lot of shuffling around. Also, since I got a Heaven seal last chapter, I brought Rath along so I could have an Armads user. And then, near the end, after he hits level 20, it turns out that he can't use the Heaven Seal to promote. And of course, I sold all my earth seals because I needed room.

Also, as I was setting up the second mine, Lowen got 1-hit by a berserker wielding Forblaze, which was a very unpleasant surprise. I thought that was supposed to be Archsage-locked?

wFoKv2l.pngSubUbpX.pngQOiBjUM.pngQYg3EV3.png

I got 2 more poison swords in addition to that load, and some of enemies have droppable or stealable items still to come. I seriously need to sell some stuff. But I dunno what. I want to keep it all!

2GdX7cN.png

That was the end result. Everyone's disarmed (or at least not able to wield the weapons they have)

cP631zO.png

Got so many of these already.

fGtjyyD.png

Lucius has had some nice level-ups this chapter, but of course I don't have most of them.

nUBoFPT.pngt3FQwPQ.pngbcfJ2Cz.png

No, he won't. Wil crit one and Lucius double critted for the KO (they were hitting 7s with slim lances, because Sonia has 30 def/res.)

fPcYN9I.png

I end up using most of the statboosters I get this round because I don't have room to keep anything; after the second mine, there were still 13 items left to obtain (drops, steals, or chests).

nydMfJi.pnghXFpGs4.png

Decided I'll use Nino cause why not. I dunno if there's any more Earth Seals in future chapters, and I wasn't going to restart just to let Rath use one. Worst case scenario, I'll use Karla.

vKPg2s6.pngrMQ5HqJ.png

Not gonna cap defense, but your offense is good enough.

kimF8F7.png

Really not sure who to give this too. Pretty much everyone is either close to or has capped str already.

JBkqncd.png

Marcus eats the body ring; which may not have been a great idea, since he can't physically rescue as much anymore, but he does have the Rescue staff.

8CCRVvc.pngH7ul3VX.png

Yeah, you definitely need that.

75ponDC.png

Your resistance is insane, although I don't remember how many talismans you've had till now (I think 2)

ICUha5T.png

THESE 1 STAT LEVEL-UPS HAVE TO STOP

07Pdn5Q.png

Probably going to Sain, rather than Eliwood, since I already have an archsage. Plus, Sain's already hit his defense cap. No sense in wasting his thwomp growths.

NQDCshn.png

Whole lot of these...despite that, she'd only cap HP if he gets +2 every single time, so not gonna happen.

yKZhuky.png98HVUtE.png

Compare and contrast.

6Mkzk2i.png

MONEY (That I actually have quite a bit of, already)

sQGZ3XI.png

i think that's the third one this map. Not terribly useful; I can't tank with it like I can with Duradel/Sol Katti since it has 1-3 range (Can only tank axereavers, but I don't really fear those anyway)

zGVR3zC.pngRHA7omu.pngzu1sZLA.png

Capped str and def, looks like. And then speed.

7j1bVju.png

Since I forgot to buy some in Linus' chapter, I've been conserving Legault's. It still has ~20 uses, but it's nice to have backup.

gr39iy0.png

Oh. What shall I use this on?

vrL71Yf.png

#3 :D

aXeqgXU.png

I could say keep on truckin', but you don't really have a choice with all 100%+ growths.

zEhDc4f.png

I remember Klok said I'd regret not buying them back in Ch. 20 secret shop. Got 4 now, only used them twice so far.

PSUOIHo.png

Well...it's a two-stat level, I guess.

5hmT0Mf.png

Hector sure knows how to make friends.

O1qTN0W.png

Otherwise I will take your favorite head-wrap thingy and SHIT IN IT

mXrGfSr.pngt9iSvwA.png9BON7Tq.png

Bows are not meant for cutting, mate.

Wait.

BOWSWORDS!

Character deaths: Serra (6), Matthew (4), Marcus (4), Rebecca (1), Lowen (7), Oswin (2), Lyn (2), Canas (5), Sain (4), Hector (4), Guy (2), Dorcas (5), Wil (3). Eliwood (4), Bartre (1), Lucius (3), Ninian (2), Isadora (1), Legault (1)

Lowen seizes the lead in the death count! Even if that most recent one was complete and utter bullshit!

Edited by Tequila

Ok, this mysterious screenshot overwriting is getting REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING. Does this happen to anyone else? After I finish each chapter, I put the pics into a folder and move them elsewhere, so the counter starts back at one. I'm not really watching what happens as I take more screenies though. Also, the overwriting happens at random points. Last time I got up to ~150, this time it started at 43.

AND I EVEN HAD A WHOLE BUNCH OF MACBETH JOKES LINED UP!

Everytime you restart/reload VBA, the counter resets to img 1, 2, 3, etc. Just don't turn off VBA or play a whole chapter in one sitting and you'll be good.

brought Rath along so I could have an Armads user. And then, near the end, after he hits level 20, it turns out that he can't use the Heaven Seal to promote

Ugh. Hector mode bugs. Yeah, he needs to use the earth seal. Fucking hardcode :V You'll get another earth seal soon maybe though??

Also, as I was setting up the second mine, Lowen got 1-hit by a berserker wielding Forblaze, which was a very unpleasant surprise. I thought that was supposed to be Archsage-locked?

It's a bug from where you trade the item over. I have to fix this, but it's annoying because I made that particular character designation unlock forblaze so the two witches could wield it.

zEhDc4f.png

I remember Klok said I'd regret not buying them back in Ch. 20 secret shop. Got 4 now, only used them twice so far.

4 probably won't be enough, IMO. I used up 7 when I was playtesting Limstella through the final chapters, that's in addition to using two Fortify's. Yeah, if you try to get every possible item on limstella's chapter while still getting under 20 turns, you can use a tooon of staves.

Edited by Klokinator

[spoiler=Silence, cretins! (Part 1)]

smxfiwf.png

That's kind of ironic.

P5tRcGx.png

Lovely. More fog. My favorite.

ODPaZRY.png

"And I've been needing to use the bathroom for hours, so it's about damn time you show up!"

ZyFZ80P.png

Wouldn't it be funny if everyone just said "OK" and left?

AJVTsOE.png

Did this sentence make any sense even before the find/replace?

RKrSDX4.png

Hey look, it's Batta the Beast. Now in tasteful zombie overtones.

NT7ocBn.png5dC1Jzo.png

How the hell did these guys become such successful assassins IF THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO SET UP A BLOODY AMBUSH!?

uDMJkiI.png

I figured since there's a .27^15 = 2.95*10^-7 percent chance that she'd max HP normally, I'd give the robe to her. No one else really needs it, except maybe Ninian. But whatever.

qDfTc2U.png

Same with this. I think 10-11 of my 14 units have maxed strength already.

DfTUcVo.png

Heh. Probably will sell this one. Mage is to the north of the start.

nImPp6F.pngEd14x2M.png6TRB2yU.png

No, that's not me accidentally pasting the same picture 3 times. There's 3 mini-bosses to the west of the start. This should be fun.

C7CvcSn.png

This guy's on the middle path.

KDEUBqP.png

14 spots! I can bring everyone!

Zm0qGrF.pngajt7GYh.png

1 down.

RYXcZtz.pnghCE4g8z.pngxTFVZGW.png

A little steel sword help, and good-bye annoying druids. Thank goodness Gespenst doesn't give a defense bonus.

fC60NlB.png

End of turn one. You can just see goddess icon general posing for the camera.

5bRSb4i.png

Why does everyone pick on Bartre?

hhh9nCI.png6BaIEm2.pngPEGMBDv.png3GU7Hhi.png

Oh, right, cause he steals everything.

x4kVEtO.pngnOO6ufD.png8SUl0Bd.png

HAH! IN YOUR FACE!

p6rV6nl.pngaDHfY3U.pngrIgpiEn.png

That sorcerer had a luna, so Aureola!Raven rescues Bartre over to steal the goody before Serra wipes him out.

SPqzjOW.pngIIJC5Fe.png

Cap HP, you shall.

KFST7bI.png

Tankcius prepares to tank.

MsxUfcu.png

And he is successful.

hCBT6u8.png

Er. That's alot of mage units.

dH4Fx41.pnglJihTr9.png

Yeah, don't like you AT ALL

WLV1kxh.pngC0PVaqG.png

Another luna sorcerer with a goody downed.

J5hL5Ao.png

You might actually cap strength!

oaPlcwY.pngE1E27o9.pngXPLR2zp.png

So...that sage somehow took 1 step to the left and cast barrier on the space to the right, where it previously stood (it's the one NE on the fort), effectively casting barrier on itself. That is just WEIRD.

RvV2MRp.png

I did not realize there were excaliburs in the group...:O

FQbm7Fa.png

Ya know, your def growth is 15%, and your resistance growth is 60%...and yet, they're the same. What gives? I don't have her bases in the google doc, but still.

3wkkmPE.png

:(

hGBiZlM.png

WHAT? NO? BISHOP Y U CRIT

Character deaths: Serra (6), Matthew (4), Marcus (4), Rebecca (1), Lowen (7), Oswin (2), Lyn (2), Canas (5), Sain (4), Hector (5), Guy (2), Dorcas (5), Wil (3). Eliwood (4), Bartre (1), Lucius (3), Ninian (2), Isadora (1), Legault (1)

q40pWGA.png

That's more like it.

VCoBzCf.pngVMBdOMV.png

Sex panzer has sexy palette. Even if he does look a bit like a sumo wrestler.

Z4VpSWN.png

Wonder if he can cap HP? He does have a 90% growth, but...

RZbmJFv.png

Instead of putting Hector in range of that bishop, I put an Iron Rune!Lyn, who crits, I think.

YJ61ZOu.pngsWXf9wb.png

Back to back double HP growths?

Cz5s50l.pngnlqjVNr.pngNPqmDYa.png

A no-stat level-up. This is getting depressing. Only Nino's still chugging along.

tcsPwe5.png

But wait! There's still hope!

Also, Eliwood seriously needs some resistance. He and Raven are supposed to alternate def/res growths, but Raven's got 20+ in both. Go figure.

30G8uq0.png

Dark Druid!Sain is gaining xp at a ridiculous rate. Something like ~70 xp per kill. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

dJz1Kqs.png

Can you cap HP? Probably not.

UpHwVST.png

Thank goodness for that, because...

aVFa1Es.png

Ouchie.

YU3EGAS.png

Damn, that was close.

6P5CtI9.png

Oh great. More stealables. Hector's probably getting this one.

pBP5rOm.png

Capped strength and speed. Will probably cap defense. Perfect THWOMP.

sNscWto.png

TANKCIUS TO THE FORE

VMkn9SC.png

I must have reset at some point, because I could have sworn she got 29 STR on her last level-up. Oh well. Still has time.

7BUvmWs.png

yay defense!

iQQQLZt.pngnyRI1EZ.png

Oh lovely, there's 2 of them. Right next to Lloyd, who really doesn't seem to have been buffed all that much.

idFeqeS.png

I think that's maxed RES.

6bATPxj.pngDX19GfZ.pngNgMfr5J.png

Ah well. You can't have everything.

UlUEoRN.png

OH HELLO THERE, PERSON I HAVE NO INTENTION OF USING

lgiomeu.png

And I think you need your eyes checked, lady. He doesn't wield axes.

wNXXhhc.pngxCsVtKp.png

Surprise crew comes from the left side of Lloyd's hideout, along with a Dark Wizard and a Sage.

TPBwQZp.png

Ok. Lowen says hi to Murdock.

OO7pkWo.pngs4AnzCu.png

That's half of a perfect level-up.

qRXTlg4.pngMM1FjMu.png

See! Compare that Raven to Eliwood. Even with Archsage promotion bonuses, he seems to be ridiculously def blessed. Also, whoop-dee fucking do. Actually. I wonder if legendary item bonuses stack with pure water/barrier?

QelwXlk.png

At least it's an important stat.

t82hVm0.png

Capped HP. Speedwings definitely going to him.

NcGHUvH.png

BAHAHAHAHA

[spoiler=Silence, cretins! (Part 2)]

Kp90T3Z.png

BARTRE THE BASTARD, doing what a bastard does best.

Wjz1Kqo.png

A meeting of minds. (Hint: Sain wins).

BteTv0k.png

Another no statter? :(

8yfgUI7.png

...Shit. I did not see that one coming.

Character deaths: Serra (6), Matthew (4), Marcus (4), Rebecca (1), Lowen (8), Oswin (2), Lyn (2), Canas (5), Sain (4), Hector (5), Guy (2), Dorcas (5), Wil (3). Eliwood (4), Bartre (1), Lucius (3), Ninian (2), Isadora (1), Legault (1)

LOWEN FIRMLY IN THE LEAD

HzAUr5R.png

New idea: Sain uses luna, which turns out to be way more effective than I expected (he crit).

I7YRqRP.png

Again.

tv3JvXT.pngazvVr9i.png

Sigh.

joWXYaw.png

FFS NOT AGAIN...wait, he missed?

HOORAY!

GjeGghh.png

How many of these are there on this map?

5m7Eq6w.pngpTdwTT0.png

All things considered...that's a damn good unit.

GqIkfoe.png

You can see Lucius to the south, with Duradel, where he was waiting to see whether any of the 3 annoyances would move. As you can see, they didn't.

LdqZacv.pngHBWWAyn.png37jGIlF.png

1 down, and Wil maxes out. He capped strength, skill, and speed. Might give him an Angelic robe, cause why not.

RhzvDYa.pngBx4gavL.png

Only Lloyd left.

OEQlbcq.pngBqyhyTz.pngZkBOKKg.png

Lucius originally missed, so Raven Aureola'd him, Ninian danced, and Lucius got the KO.

nGKBfov.png

Meanwhile, wyvern reinforcements are coming in full force from the southeast. Lyn greets them and doesn't dodge jack shit.

IxkAoU6.png

Wyverns...and a random berserker? OK.

xTdINZp.png

Delphi shield and uber-spear. These guys know how to party.

9XIHHaw.png

Took about 6 people to bring this one down, mainly because no one crit.

B3ZR8J7.png

...Now you choose to level resistance??

4SvnEbm.png

I think all those comments about his great tankiness got to his head.

1R7D4N6.png

Money!

eSfCwFu.png

Not you too...

3WJJ9nA.png

Sain still knows how to keep me happy.

FOgTupS.png

I'm not sure if there would have been more reinforcements with more shields, but Merlinus and my characters are completely full, so I'm kind of glad I stopped the flow.

X9rdFV9.png

Hector FINALLY crits one. Not enough to KO, though.

WNhGVgU.png

Good chip means good level.

xPFscHz.png

Better than nothing.

FQb7seM.png

Can't mess you up...you're almost as good as Lowen. Actually, maybe even better.

cBAJuIn.png

A perfect level-up to finish off the map.

eHraZou.png

Hector asks deep, penetrating questions.

95JjJ73.pngkYDTQsh.png

RETURN OF THE OMINOUS SPEECH BUBBLE

Character deaths: Serra (6), Matthew (4), Marcus (4), Rebecca (1), Lowen (8), Oswin (2), Lyn (2), Canas (5), Sain (4), Hector (5), Guy (2), Dorcas (5), Wil (3). Eliwood (4), Bartre (1), Lucius (3), Ninian (2), Isadora (1), Legault (1)

[spoiler=Chapter 30: In which legendary weapons get used almost exclusively]

dHxPMOj.png

Western Isles to the west? YOU DON'T SAY

b23iokD.png

Thanks, Brammy. You're a pal.

w0EZl2f.png

TRIAL BY FIRE

1t1CExR.png

Technically, thunder by itself isn't all *that* destructive, unless you count terrifying cats as destruction.

1h5IB7h.png

Oh? Hopefully something better than 2 Wolf Beils and an Elixir.

SLpAl7c.png

That background does not look pitch black to me...

wYPRD3h.png

I can just picture Athos tsk tsk-ing and wagging his finger at Hector here.

XKaAJue.pngTREFwjW.pngE2WZ3dP.png

Looks like Bartre's coming.

Hzy5F4V.pngFxSWYlH.pngY32yJAi.pngZ3IBFKg.png

Pretty sure there's no way I'm getting the brave axe over the silver blade, so I'm not even going to bother. Problem is, between all this and 3 chests, and Merlinus not being allowed, inventory space is a wee bit tight.

boBM49L.pngrNLpHBi.pngH4sQTJf.pngM6a6xzS.png

JNBVIIg.pngMscziUn.pngDPp3O75.png3qVvsf7.png

6mIWWaq.pngPBEsAGc.pngOELc92p.pnghlH8xQG.png

I'm counting on Sain and Lyn to do great things with Luna and Basiliskos, so I give them some luck, and Hector definitely needs speed. The rest are kind of aimlessly used.

Av2PZXb.png

Oh, this is nice. I'm allowed 4 people instead of 3. Still tight on space though. Hector, Bartre, Sain, and Raven constitute the party members, wielding Reinfleche/Brave Bow, Regal blade/Longsword, Gespenst/Physic, and Forblaze/Heal/Restore. Just enough space to snag everything.

4HQJGQ7.pnglUO8z9W.png

Sain opens up with a reality-warping miasmic cloud.

2qERBOg.pngjkREavq.png

Reinfleche too OP

5bl6Isn.png

Raven takes out the assassin to the SE and gets one his patented 1-stat levels.

mdUmXp1.png

On EP, the silly thief attacks Sain instead of running to the chest and pays the price.

PnObDJU.png

Armads!Great lord over there is looking a little menacing, and I forgot a rescue staff...

tcWjxvR.png

Hector kills an unfortunate general.

8PLEZhG.png

Uh...oh...This could be painful next turn.

UaHp658.png6bkrr2X.png

NEVER MIND

kiwrb0h.png

I CAME PREPARED HAH

YM8Ddkt.pngdLfOCJv.png

That thief actually was in range of the chest, and yet still chose to attack Hector. Guess that means I can unlock the chests at my leisure.

wLB5rii.png

Bartre snags, Raven KOs.

48ePEBr.png

The 67 damage is menacing, but the 0 hit makes me chuckle in relief.

Nr0sxHO.png

For Lyn, probably.

jKnv4G2.png

Excellent.

ryOT4gq.pngal89gNR.png

Forblaze has the coolest magic animation in the whole game IMO

MQaDw2D.pngMxScCt1.png

As I said earlier, wasn't going to try and make him drop that brave axe.

7yvDYp3.png

A little later...more yoinking. Last stealable.

V4UBtrH.png

Capped THWOMP and nothing else, but I'm not complaining.

KGLIuT4.png

Yep, that's an uber spear.

4YjvbKP.pngXZ0B3FS.png

WHAT THE HELL WHY DO YOU MOVE

Character deaths: Serra (6), Matthew (4), Marcus (4), Rebecca (1), Lowen (8), Oswin (2), Lyn (2), Canas (5), Sain (4), Hector (6), Guy (2), Dorcas (5), Wil (3). Eliwood (4), Bartre (1), Lucius (3), Ninian (2), Isadora (1), Legault (1)

rBYULZU.pngg1XUFFk.png

This time, I lure out the sage/sorcerer/whatever it is next to Kaim without getting in his range, THEN lure Kaim out. Hector double crits with the Reinfleche.

0XN6PcD.png

Caps speed. Fuck yes.

VLqE59g.png

It says 'Seize ground', not 'Seize throne'....what gives?

vCfG5L6.png

Not while you're in that state, mister. YOU TAKE YOURSELF UPSTAIRS INTO THE BATHTUB RIGHT NOW!

uIS3Ehk.png

I really want to see this guy's resume.

oAZzdtO.png

That's kinda poetic, and then I realize it makes no sense.

So...I guess it is poetic.

GCUDm1V.png

IS's logic: Axes are for hitting things. Hammers are for hitting things. Therefore, by the transitive property, axes are hammers.

sGFvWib.png

Eliwood forgot their anniversary, looks like.

KxlEPgY.png

Hmm...on one hand, 2 dozen roses and a bottle of very expensive wine...on the other hand, I could just kill her..eh, fuck it.

B1lnUP6.png

Hector does not understand the subtleties of grief counseling.

sVYEgBw.png

I know that's a headband, but it looks like hair. From this angle, Nergal looks like a 13 year old girl trying on an exceptionally baggy dress for the first time.

3HqTX9R.png

And Nils looks like he has bunny ears.

mdUmXp1.png

On EP, the silly thief attacks Sain instead of running to the chest and pays the price.

Dumb AI thieves :<

uIS3Ehk.png

I really want to see this guy's resume.

A Song of Fire Emblem and Ice.

GCUDm1V.png

IS's logic: Axes are for hitting things. Hammers are for hitting things. Therefore, by the transitive property, axes are hammers.

Yep, makes no sense to me either.

sVYEgBw.png

I know that's a headband, but it looks like hair. From this angle, Nergal looks like a 13 year old girl trying on an exceptionally baggy dress for the first time.

3HqTX9R.png

And Nils looks like he has bunny ears.

ur trying 2 hard m8

[spoiler=Who let the morphs in?]

YVbOc65.png

Succinct and to the point. My favorite kind of sentence.

oSBXTe9.pngy2I1JWu.png

But of course, someone did. Or multiple someones.

sibQg6g.png

...I'm scared.

W1PDS8Z.png

Scrubs and dragons. Scrubbing dragons. FRENCH DRAGON MAIDS

hcOwSBW.pnghZrNKV1.png

Hector's like "not this shit again ffs"

VIAil6S.png

Oh, suddenly I'm important?

*puffs out chest with pride*

Z4mGPXA.pngLOYDiqU.pngvS2TBPu.pngy1nxQEB.png

Just using up my statboosters. Merlinus still has way too much stuff but it's useful stuff and I don't know what to get rid of :(

Oqxy8XW.png

Uh...I have no idea what happened here.

8Y51WDx.pngosHlwPD.png

Obligatory Denning speech.

yI6Sv2z.png

NO I NEED HIM GIVE HIM BACK

B7Rd9CB.png

SE of that walled-off room are a swordmaster with silver sword, hero with all the brands, and a warrior with basiliskos. Lyn's gonna take them all on.

KuUrMIl.pngbkFlLD3.pngWmp32x3.pngOSHyyhJ.png

Some annoyances in the eastern quadrant are eliminated.

rKn9GEe.png

There's 2 druids with white gems, one with Luce (I think) and one with Excalibur. I silence the bigger threat. This later turns out not to be a great idea.

sLf4Cta.pngixbE3Ct.pngEMcrYAL.pngq5o3zvX.png

I forgot to take a picture of the crew, but it's the usual suspects with Harken instead of Ninian (due to the whole dying thing). He's functioning as staffbot, as seen here. I also brought Rath, hoping to buy an Earth Seal in the shop (had no idea if there was one) and loot the chests.

NDZsxh4.png

End of PP, turn 1.

eiYqA8M.png

Exactly as intended.

AqcbUqd.png

You, sir, are a moron.

4TyltNm.png

But I'll avenge you nonetheless.

o3Wl4qw.png

Trading Lyn the swordslayer to fend off the hero with the magical swords, and wielding Armads in case he comes under fire.

5wEkjwg.pngn69gxdt.png

One white gem down and the other one isn't a threat.

4n1O0n3.png

I didn't realize that silencing removes stats given by whatever you're wielding. Good-bye, dangerous magic users (downside is there's only 3 silence staffs IIRC)

Ru7pk6n.png

YOU MUST CAP MAGIC FFS

z8XS1v5.png

Oh...right...magic swords are magic...

(YOU ARE SO BENCHED MATE)

Character deaths: Serra (6), Matthew (4), Marcus (4), Rebecca (1), Lowen (8), Oswin (2), Lyn (2), Canas (5), Sain (4), Hector (5), Guy (2), Dorcas (5), Wil (3). Eliwood (4), Bartre (1), Lucius (3), Ninian (2), Isadora (1), Legault (1), Rath (1)

xycgclC.pngalkSoGg.png

Not great, but whatever.

rZxl8Qs.png

204 damage. Damn. Just...damn.

XV1oDfH.png

GUESS WHO DIDN'T BRING A RESTORE STAFF.

Restart from last savestate.

5ZjgvNN.png

Atta Lyn! Those 3 or 4 energy rings weren't wasted!

5rfmJUq.png

I rescue this guy because he can 1 hit the silenced druid, which I don't want because I want the gem first.

LLcfnQg.pngKWQnGkK.png

You can shit off (the druid, not Raven, obviously).

5u5szKZ.png

Right. Let's see what happens.

xaCpcW4.png

HNNNG

I THOUGHT 74 AVOID MEANT SOMETHING

Character deaths: Serra (6), Matthew (4), Marcus (4), Rebecca (1), Lowen (8), Oswin (2), Lyn (2), Canas (5), Sain (4), Hector (5), Guy (2), Dorcas (5), Wil (3). Eliwood (4), Bartre (1), Lucius (3), Ninian (2), Isadora (1), Legault (1), Rath (1), Merlinus (1)

ci8jD0L.png

Ok let's get you out of the way then.

hMDjn3m.png

I can't even muster the rage anymore.

Character deaths: Serra (6), Matthew (4), Marcus (4), Rebecca (1), Lowen (8), Oswin (2), Lyn (2), Canas (5), Sain (4), Hector (5), Guy (2), Dorcas (^), Wil (3). Eliwood (4), Bartre (1), Lucius (3), Ninian (2), Isadora (1), Legault (1), Rath (1), Merlinus (1)

REEVpZc.png

Got a restore this time. You're good.

4x1Om5j.pnga8t2qJr.pngUMQ6bqK.png

Rescued the wrong general, but fortunately the other ones suck.

nSIhqvm.png

Ok boys, NOW you can kill him.

DHassPs.png

Lovely.

jwob7ws.png

And that's the luna guys temporarily out for the count.

eg9kyHF.png

Sol Katti and Duradel tank ftw?

tYIT6Wb.png

...Apparently not (that was a crit)

Character deaths: Serra (6), Matthew (4), Marcus (4), Rebecca (1), Lowen (8), Oswin (2), Lyn (2), Canas (5), Sain (4), Hector (5), Guy (2), Dorcas (^), Wil (3). Eliwood (4), Bartre (1), Lucius (4), Ninian (2), Isadora (1), Legault (1), Rath (1), Merlinus (1)

M4AJE4v.png

Revenge is sweet.

ukWVkBS.png

UNCOOL

7C4EJgF.png

BETTER

nw1Vskd.png

Who's gonna die now?

jTT2MHq.png

Answer: Nobody. Rath loots cause he's awesome.

swicB49.png

I decide to use up some of my less-used weapons...like hammers.

r0GO60A.pngPfA60kr.png

Didn't cap HP or speed, but that's alright. She did cap strength, skill, and resistance.

TzHgRLq.png

You may have pilfered it, but you'll never leave here alive.

yUqMFe9.png

Between the 30k from these gems and the 30k from CH 31x, I practically doubled my cashpile here.

iaHGDvD.pngHoTmsL3.png

Capped HP.

mN81tiA.png

YOU WOT

FUCK YOU HARKEN
I'M TAKING KAREL NEXT TIME

Character deaths: Serra (6), Matthew (4), Marcus (4), Rebecca (1), Lowen (8), Oswin (2), Lyn (2), Canas (5), Sain (4), Hector (5), Guy (2), Dorcas (^), Wil (3). Eliwood (4), Bartre (1), Lucius (4), Ninian (2), Isadora (1), Legault (1), Rath (1), Merlinus (1), Harken (1)

HSaxDyl.png

GET RES FFS

Tdm94df.png

I said that thief wouldn't live very long.

Y0EohHe.png

Serra with Sol Katti is poised to lure Reinfleche!Denning.

R9Be7uu.pngAX3qe3P.png

Who somehow manages to miss both shots (no rng abuse here)

RnxfZ4s.png

Caps HP on her final level. Can't complain.

OxVEcZG.png

Now that he's in the thick of things, Denning goes lights-out.

pdZkIja.pngRtCYFzj.png

Warping Rath to the secret shop.

UsnZoxh.png

Oh right, that's why I wanted to lure him. Not sure who this is going to thought; at this point, it's kinda useless since most of my party is almost, of not completely, maxed.

Q0NZqyf.pngPyFSbbM.png

"Why...am...I...such...a..plon..ker...?"

xZWWN33.pngdt8JEyq.png

Raven's tired of subtlety.

vS4yEPK.png

Wil uses an icon, Marcus uses a dragonshield, and Rath buys as many goddess icons (and 2 robes) as Merlinus can hold. Next time I will be better prepared. I will not horde all these weapons that I never use.

JO2jX4x.png

...Thanks?

8GLH5vz.png

This is kind of a surprise, I must admit.

7JJk0Mi.png

No new name? I was expecting something like 'Shopping Spree!'.

6S7DbQW.png

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around, Eliwood.

gGNIzaA.png

Why not. He still has 20 levels anyway.

wbaxdxM.png

Karla get!

7M7EiLv.pngNiRByNw.png

Maxed Hp/str and can use Armads/Wolf Beil? I'm using you.

I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever used Karla, period.

CWrB7iO.png

YEAH NERGAL

WHATCHA GONNA DO

WHEN THE NIPPLEREN COME FOR YOU

Character deaths: Serra (6), Matthew (4), Marcus (4), Rebecca (1), Lowen (8), Oswin (2), Lyn (2), Canas (5), Sain (4), Hector (5), Guy (2), Dorcas (6), Wil (3). Eliwood (4), Bartre (1), Lucius (4), Ninian (2), Isadora (1), Legault (1), Rath (1), Merlinus (1), Harken (1)

Edited by Tequila

7JJk0Mi.png

No new name? I was expecting something like 'Shopping Spree!'.

Oops, I missed one thx '3'

7M7EiLv.pngNiRByNw.png

Maxed Hp/str and can use Armads/Wolf Beil? I'm using you.

I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever used Karla, period.

She has the potential to max -everything- if you give her that Stimulant and a couple skill books too '3'

that base Con, HP and Str is so fucking massive it just made my balls hard

Seriously though, is Karla intended to be this good at base?

So...this run is screwed. My savefile is screeching at me every time I start it, no matter which version I use; I think it got corrupted somehow. So I'm just gonna start over.

Potential ideas for a new run (Lords, Ninian, and a thief, namely Bartre, replaced with Canas when he arrives, are always allowed).

Blazing Saddles: Anyone who has Canto on promotion (Matthew, Marcus, Dorcas, Priscilla, Karel, Lowen, Nino, Kent, Legault, Florina, Lucius, Geitz/Wallace). Ideally this would wait until the Great Knight/Mage Knight/Godknowswhat T3s come into play, but it'd be interesting to see how it turns out without them.

Mages only: (Marcus, Sain, Raven, Dart, Leila, Isadora, Heath, Wallace, Harken, Vaida, Renault). Rather difficult early-game, but otherwise sounds fun. Especially if I somehow get enough money to buy Ultimate Scrolls for all of them.

Only use units I haven't used this run: (Matthew, Oswin, Rebecca, Guy, Erk, Priscilla, Florina, Kent, and pretty much everyone from Canas onwards except Nino).

PMU (Pick my units). Y'all get to pick 10 units; Marcus can be used if he's not picked, but can't be promoted.

Thoughts? Should I open a new topic and make a poll?

Edited by Tequila